navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Please Forgive Me
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please Forgive Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan

0 posted 2000-03-27 10:14 PM

Talk to me
not at me
Run with me
not from me

Listen to me
don't hear me
Feel me
don't touch me

Hold me
don't hug me
Teach me
don't do it for me

Lift me
don't reach it for me
Love me
don't set me free

To much to ask
of you to give
To hard a task
so please forgive

Just trying to get flowing again, and this is not by any means an attempt at great poetry...so please forgive me while I try to shake out the rough stuff.  Thank you for being understanding  

Whatever strength I add to myself becomes my greatest weakness, while whatever weakness I'll consciously endure will be replaced with a strength that is not my own.
G. Finley

© Copyright 2000 Butterflies_dont_cry - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2000-03-27 10:20 PM

ButterfliesDC~
Hi there !
Have missed your smiling face !
These are darned good thoughts
you're shaking out.
Love ya'
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2000-03-27 11:38 PM

Well, these are requests that I think we all have of others. Why is it so hard for so many to accept?? Beats me.

Nice writing, butterfly.  

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-03-28 01:54 AM

well, I for one like the way you shake  
work it out butterfly...we all hit those times when the inspiration is there but the words aren't...It will come back when you least expect it...it usually happends to me while driving and I almost wreck trying to write and drive LOL or it happends in the grocery store... I look ridiculous writing a poem in the produce section on my shopping list BUT hey... I'll take it when ever it comes...
simple poem butterfly..but simply perfect (smile)take care jm

Do you live by the book, do you play by the rules
Do you care what is thought by others about you
If this day is all that is promised to you
Do you live for the present, the future the past...
tracy chapman

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
4 posted 2000-03-28 01:58 AM

You know, I always gage the quality of poetry by the emotion it stirs within the reader.  You have nothing to be apologizing for.  This was sincere and heartfelt, and besides, we was missing ya!

michael

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
5 posted 2000-03-28 06:56 AM

Marge~ You as always leave me with a smile, thank you for the   and thank you for the WB  .

Sven~ We often give effortlessly, the curse of one with poetry within I think~ but don't expect others to do the same....I guess I cant speak for all....just me  

JM~ Thank you sister of my soul, and I'll be sure to keep a tablet handy on my way to work....when I get pulled over I'll tell 'em JM made me do it      But you are right stange places for the words....usually when the gaurd is down.

Michael~ Much to kind...thank you so much for your compliments. For the record I missed all of you as well....the curse of the feeling but lacking the words   I shall return......lol  

Whatever strength I add to myself becomes my greatest weakness, while whatever weakness I'll consciously endure will be replaced with a strength that is not my own.
G. Finley

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Please Forgive Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary