navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Faded Trust
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Faded Trust Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ZuMBLe
since 2000-03-27
Posts 33

0 posted 2000-03-27 10:36 AM

Faded Trust

I used to think that trust was a given
Caring was a must
Then I woke up to the world we live in
Friendships are formed on false perceptions
Angels turn into misconceptions
Promises are worth less than dirt
Feelings often hurt

With the truth in hand
I would like to thank you
For being kind
For wanting to know my mind
For supporting me
In these dark and lonely times

In a world where "friendships"
Blow away like dust
I would like to offer you
My helping hand
My caring heart
My faded trust

I hope you accept these
In hope that we are,
True Friends

This poem was actually written for two very special people in my life. They helped me and wanted to listen to me when the world was dark and nobody wanted to know my darkness.  I thought I had an angel ("friend") that would help me through all my pain.  But she fled and left me alone. That just added to the pain.  But then I discovered these two relatively new people who wanted to heal me and worry for me.  They were true friends.

© Copyright 2000 Raymond So - All Rights Reserved
Enola
since 2000-02-11
Posts 138
England
1 posted 2000-03-27 10:58 AM

I hope they are true friends, for your sake.  I know all to well the pain you've suffered and you've described it wonderfully.  Welcome to Passions!

The tragedy of it is that nobody sees the look of desperation on my face. Thousands and thousands of us, and we're passing one another without a look of recognition.

Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan
2 posted 2000-03-27 11:01 AM

Welcome to passions. Your poem strikes a good point. People just dont care as much about freindship and promises as they used to. Great poem.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
3 posted 2000-03-27 12:58 PM

This is a very beautiful but sad poem. The points you make are too true. The world is a very harsh place at times. Poetry makes it bearable.
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
4 posted 2000-03-28 10:49 PM

Hi ZuMBLe,

Your poem speaks loudly to me for I have been there so many times, but you are going to like it here at passions. This is a very loving place, I look forward to more of your work.

WELCOME TO PASSIONS

Cerenity

CherylLynnMckee
since 2000-03-28
Posts 215

5 posted 2000-03-29 12:57 PM

Beautifully written..I to have had my share of friends who took and took..and when it came time to give..they were no where to be found..No one seems to look beyond there own selves these days.You have done a wonderful job of putting it to words.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2000-03-30 11:51 PM

There is nothing better in this world than a true friend.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Faded Trust

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary