navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Wind's Call
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wind's Call Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Windrider Silverbreeze
since 2000-03-21
Posts 33

0 posted 2000-03-21 02:07 AM

A lone mountain top, screams from beyond the bitter winds, let loose their fury upon an unforgiving world.  The wrold that destroyed the Songsinger, that obliterated the soul of the sister that spoke for their cause.

An empty cavern that no more shall know the echoing voice of the desired.  Rock walls that as time passes shall never again feel the carress of a silken soothing whisper.  An icy chill will fill the air, as no fire shall warm its being.

Devoid of sunlight, denied heavens new birth of life.  The memory of what could have been, and what has come to pass, shall ever fill the river of tears.  While the Daughter of the Songsinger shall ever be beyond the breezes gentle reach.

The spirits of old reach their hands to the gods, beseeching, pleading.  To release the choosen from the depths of hell and the dark lords infinite embrace.  All the while the inner demons laugh at the cries of the living and the oppressed.

Far and wide, a darkness shall reign through out the lands, as the heart is continuously denied the body.  While within the endless void of eternal punishment, screams suddenly cease and the blood of the damned fill the recess of eternity.

And she who was once the voice of the winds themselves, goes through the final death from within the inner reaches of hell.  So shall the living be denied the gift of new life, for all time.  To pass beyond the reaches of learning, into the awaiting grip of eternal death.

(Yes this is my first poem here.  Though not my first totally written ever.)

© Copyright 2000 Windrider Silverbreeze - All Rights Reserved
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
1 posted 2000-03-21 02:12 AM

ooooooooo what a name you have and this poem is reminiscent reminicant o yuh reminds me o another poet who wrote like this he was highly esteemed and still is in my mind...stay with us i want to watch you evolve as we all have...WELCOME TO PASSIONS
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2000-03-21 05:18 AM

What an awesome fantasy element - this is great!!

Welcome to Passions and I too love the name.

K

'Writing sharpens life;
life enriches writing'
Sylvia Plath

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2000-03-21 05:31 AM

Windrider~
Welcome to Passion's.
You've made a powerful statement of entry.
I like it.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2000-03-21 07:39 AM

Welcome to Passions, Windrider.. You certainly write with an intensity of emotion that keeps your reader entranced.. I'm looking forward to reading more.  Check your email for a special greeting..
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 2000-03-21 11:10 AM

Welcome to Passions, Windrider! This is a very powerful piece, very intense.

Denise

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
6 posted 2000-03-22 04:02 AM

Windrider I welcome you to passions
I look forward immensely to reading more from you.
This was a most fantastic piece to read and I really enjoyed it.
tracie

Keep all the windows of your mind open
Anne Rooks

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Wind's Call

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary