navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Rush Hour
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rush Hour Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Chris Goodman
since 2000-01-28
Posts 92
Issaquah, Washington usa

0 posted 2000-03-17 11:18 PM

I took a walk today
and then decided a drive
would smooth things out quicker
thoughts crammed spaces that
I didn't know existed until
those thoughts, mindless thoughts, became
puzzle-like.  Making any sense of these
thoughts began to drive me a little crazy.
I drove and drove some more while
listening to the angels sing.  Everything
noticed, touched in the car all began
to make sense.  I saw picture of what it meant.
Me, this car, these thoughts.  All the people in their cars and their thoughts.  I was just dreaming
that we are not alone. In a profound way we are not alone.  This was my conclusion after the drive, the thoughts and the things I haven't said.  I thought to myself well if we are not alone then we are each others pillars and building blocks and the glue that keeps the puzzle together in one piece.  And after a little bit that didn't make any sense either.  I began to think that the pillars are not created equal so one must rise and one must fall.  And the building blocks were just too many different colors and there are just too many shapes so they do not go well together either.  Then my whole theory fell to pieces when I realized that all glue is drying up and slowly the pieces of the puzzle would crumble.  Oh, it has been such a rough day and it has been such a long, cold week.  I wonder what's on t.v. tonight.  I think I'll check out a movie.

< !signature-->

Blue Moon

[This message has been edited by Chris Goodman (edited 03-17-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Chris Goodman - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2000-03-17 11:34 PM

I really really enjoyed this! LOL - reminds me of me I have to say - and especially the movie bit...

I also like the format and style - did you intend to start off with only a few words per line and end up with a block in order to illustrate the cluttering of a mind? Or was it random?
Whatever it was - it works!

'Writing sharpens life;
life enriches writing'
Sylvia Plath

Chris Goodman
since 2000-01-28
Posts 92
Issaquah, Washington usa
2 posted 2000-03-17 11:37 PM

You hit it right on the nose.  I wanted a cluster at the bottom to show the raciness.  This is how I am when I drive in Seattle.  It is crazy & I feel like I am going crazy with all my thoughts.  I wonder if everyone else is thinking the same thing.  

Chris

Blue Moon

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2000-03-17 11:39 PM

I can't count the number of days I've had like this! A movie would be my choice! Complete and total fantasy is sometimes the only way to go!

Denise

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Rush Hour

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary