navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Relic
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Relic Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California

0 posted 2000-01-08 02:38 AM

RELIC

Blessed is he who finds his dream,
In lonely worlds of hope, dismayed.
Cruel be the fate, lining the seam,
That leaves but an image displayed.

In holding you, dream realized,
Will everything still be O.K.?
Or should you find me paralyzed,
Would you still love me anyway?

Will a beauty in me still awaken
Your eyes despite the scars I bear?
Or have I physically been taken
Beyond emotional repair?

Relic of a man I once was,
I can't help wonder if you see
The shell before you in its cause,
Or just a man I used to be.

Within my grasp lies Destiny,
"You make your own", I've heard them say.
As dream touches reality,
Will everything still be O.K.?

Michael Anderson

It's the little things you take for granted,
That'll mean the most to you when they're gone.

© Copyright 2000 Michael Anderson - All Rights Reserved
cokey_95
since 2000-01-08
Posts 35

1 posted 2000-01-08 02:45 AM

Very nice poem...sounds like it came from the heart
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
2 posted 2000-01-08 08:41 AM

Awwwww....Michael, she is going to see you only as the beautiful person she fell in love with. Quit your worrying and just enjoy  
Mary
since 1999-09-23
Posts 38
Delaware, Ohio, USA
3 posted 2000-01-08 09:29 AM

Beautiful poem Michael.  I think you are worrying too much...She is going to love you even more than she does now.  I wish you luck (although, I know you won't need it)!  
Meadowmuse
Member Elite
since 1999-12-27
Posts 3263

4 posted 2000-01-08 10:29 AM

Michael, this piece speaks to the insecurities in us all, I believe. What an expressive way to pose this questioning thought. I enjoyed reading this.

Dear LadyClaire

[This message has been edited by Meadowmuse (edited 01-08-2000).]

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
5 posted 2000-01-08 10:37 AM

Michael,
Excellent poem,
And as Yogi Barra used to say
It's not over till it's over.
So I would not worry. Sy

Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
6 posted 2000-01-08 10:45 AM

Michael, I have all the faith that you two will come together and become one with each other through God's love for both of you. Give him your trust and let him lead you to happiness with Gennifer through eternity.
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
7 posted 2000-01-08 12:08 PM

I see my Michael is getting a bad case of the "21 days left" jitters!  ROFL  Don't feel bad babe, I am too!  That's what makes this whole thing wonderful...we have been loving and nurturing eachother now for almost 5 months, without even a dinner date, or even holding hands for a nice walk outside.....All this will be new to us, in just a few short days, and so no wonder your anxious!  I'm so excited, I'm already losing sleep!  Just remember my soul...I am the woman who has held you in our dreams, allowed you to play "safely" in our playground, and kissed you many many times electronically!     And rest assured, I know who you are, you are the man who has stood by me through thick and thin already - the one who allows me to fall asleep at night feeling at ease with my life, and the direction it's going.....I already love you, so why worry if I'm gonna "like" you....I know who you are and I just want to hold you now in "real" arms....kiss your "real" lips.....Our souls will remember eachother when we meet.....Fear not, for fear is not of God....Listen at me, preaching at myself here too!   hehehe  I love this poem, it shows me you are indeed human, as I am too.  You will be at peace soon my love, in my arms....

** I'm reaching for the brightest star I've ever seen - knock my ladder out from under me, and you'll wish you hadn't !! -pFF ** Here's to 2000!

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
8 posted 2000-01-08 12:53 PM

Only a quiet echo from the back of a mind that wonders if he deserves to be this happy.. and he does.  Best of luck
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
9 posted 2000-01-08 04:03 PM

Well - I happen to know that no girl in her right mind would ever be disappointed with anything about this man.... and certainly Pff won't be.... She's much too sensitive.... All well be well, my friends....
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
10 posted 2000-01-09 01:11 AM

At ease Michael. I hope she just dispelled your fears up there. Case of shaken feet. hehe...all will go just fine!

<*\\\><
Where there is faith,
there is love.
Where there is love,
there is peace.
Where there is peace,
there is GOD.
Where there is GOD,
there is no need.

Hallmark

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Relic

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary