navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » I Yearn
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Yearn Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-01-04 08:38 PM

I yearn to write
But do not know
Oh tell me where
The words did go?

I'm lost in dark
No light I see
Oh tell me how
My soul to free.

The burden hard
That I must bare
Now I am lost
No one to share

The heaviness
That I do feel
I'm sinking now
Hear my appeal!

No one to reach
No one to save
This weary soul
Within this grave.

I yearn to write
But do not know
Oh tell me where
The words did go?

© Copyright 2000 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2000-01-04 08:46 PM

The words are inside you, Marilyn, waiting to be found.
Deborah
since 2000-01-03
Posts 41

2 posted 2000-01-04 09:19 PM

What a sad poem.  You seem to find words quite well, just let them come from your heart.  There is always a light to follow, you just have to find it and then make sure that you are not blinded by it.
    Deborah

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
3 posted 2000-01-04 11:12 PM

Oh Marilyn Hon, my dear friend, the words never leave you, they are always there, just at times it is harder to express them than others. I spent 15 years without writing a single word, but the words were there...when I could write, when I had the strength to deal with the feelings that my writing brought to the surface, the words poured from my hands as the tears poured like rivers from my eyes. Oh my soul sister, we are so alike at times it's frightening. I love you my dear friend, the words will come again and when they do, we all will be blessed.
Hugs  

First__Knight
since 1999-11-08
Posts 678

4 posted 2000-01-05 12:15 PM

yes the words are there ....same words that help write this....

Being in love with someone is more than just saying "I love you"

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-01-05 12:24 PM

Honey my sis, the words are there hiding in your heart and soul.  You could try a different method when you are writing ie music in the background etc...  If you wanna talk my sis you know where I am  ((HUGS))  

At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. (Plato)
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

6 posted 2000-01-05 12:26 PM

Everyone feels this at some time and I think that when they return - for they will - they will seem even more precious.

Personally - I think this is lovely!

K

'...I want to be free - free to know people and their backgrounds - free to move to different parts of the world...' Sylvia Plath

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

7 posted 2000-01-05 12:53 PM

I can relate so well to this, Marilyn! You have expressed it well!  

Denise

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2000-01-05 12:33 PM

Thankyou all for your words of support. I have been trying to write a new years prose. The story is there but the words just don't come. I have never had the problem of loosing the words before. I am frustrated and it does not help my state of mind. Words have been my outlet for so long. To have them fail me is something I find difficult to dael with.

Isis....Thankyou my sister. You are always there for me. ((hug))

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
9 posted 2000-01-05 12:45 PM

Marilyn: Sometimes the poems we want most to write simply will not come... and then come out in a rush when we least expect them to knock on our minds. *S* One of these days, I'll post a poem that waited over half my lifetime to be written... though in the beginning, it was only 3 words and a lot of feelings. (I posted it once on adult, but took the coward's way out and deleted it.)

I'm not someone who labors over a poem (which is painfully obvious from my posts! LOL)... but when one is ready to be written, it won't be ignored... I hope your muse returns quickly and blows away the frustration in a frenzy of creativity... For all of us, it will be worth the wait!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » I Yearn

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary