navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » My incapability..
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic My incapability.. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
destiny502
since 1999-11-23
Posts 57
OH

0 posted 2000-02-02 06:00 PM

why cant i write
such beautiful poems
like all of you?
is it just not in my heart,
or is it just something
im not supposed to do?
sometimes i will feel
a few words come to mind
to write down on scrap paper..
but they just disappear in time.
it makes me so mad
and i always end up stressed..
there are so many feelings inside of me..
that need to be confessed.
i love to read your poems,
all of them are great..
maybe i've written one i like,
but the rest i underrate.
its probably my low self worth,
or my high self hate..
i dont know why im like this,
its probably just my fate.

now this poem is stupid, but i was trying to write another poem and i just couldnt do it and it ticked me off so i ended up writing this boring one instead.   sorry everybody..  

© Copyright 2000 Heather - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2000-02-02 08:06 PM

Not being able to write what we want to happens to all of us. Relax! Keep writing down your thoughts and read all of the poetry you can! Pretty soon the words will be flowing again!   Cheer up!

Denise

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2000-02-03 02:42 AM

"it's probably my low self-worth,
          or my high self-hate..?"

That is so RICH!!!  It explains perfectly why I write.  Don't stop writing, I'll be looking for more.

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
3 posted 2000-02-04 01:56 AM

Well, like Denise said, it happens to us all...Just keep writing, maybe you will find that prose writing is better for you?!?!  You never know, either way, continue in this path, anything you have to say, we will love to read.  Even if you don't like it, others may...trust me, I have found that out myself  

Just be glad I'm not your child! *evil grin*

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-02-05 06:12 AM

Hey, you clearly described the frustration you feel when you write poetry.  Keep    writing about your feelings on something that is important to you.  Something you think about a lot.  First write down your feelings.  How do you really feel about that subject. Think about it for a while if you must.  Add some new thoughts. Then weave all those thoughts together into the poem.  Keep working with each line until you are happy with the way it sounds.  Does it really say what you want it to say.   Take care, James
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 2000-02-05 09:26 AM

Yep, we all go through this. I wonder if any of us look at our own poetry and think it's wonderful?  I know I am always amazed at the replies, that people actually were touched in some way!  Keep going and don't give up. Write down your thoughts and keep them in a safe place, you may gather tidbits that would work into a wonderful poem!  And don't be sorry!  

<*\\\><

When you can't make up your mind
Which way is right for you,
Stop and softly ask yourself,
What Would Jesus Do?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » My incapability..

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary