navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » One Wish Left
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic One Wish Left Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gemini
since 1999-12-15
Posts 1203
Wisconsin, USA

0 posted 1999-12-29 09:46 PM

There was someone in my life that I dearly miss and lost through the act of an unkind word and an unkind deed.  He was my mentor and friend and I think of him every day.  He told me he got through the Vietnam war years by believing and having a guardian angel.

If there is one wish left in this heart of mine.
I wish our guardian angels could've danced together.
Just one dance, a slow one, together.
Our angels would've danced all night in each others arms. My angel would've gazed in your guardian angels piercing blue eyes, and would've fallen in love, as I did with you.
The other guardian angel's all gathered around and looking down from the Heavens would've been jealous of our steps, firm and nimble in unison and perfection.  
And for one fleeting moment, we would've been together and it wouldn't have mattered if we belonged to anyone else.
Your guardian angels steps would've been gentle like you, you float with the air of confidence and pride.
My guardian angel would've been proud to be in your guardian angels arms and I think she would've hung on forever and never have let him go!  

© Copyright 1999 June Schultz - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 1999-12-29 10:05 PM

This is beautiful, Gemini. And sad.

Denise

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
2 posted 1999-12-30 05:25 AM

Beautiful and sweet yet sad

~*~ Hell is not a place of fire and a devil with a tail and horns. But a place of torment because the light of God is gone. To escape this, accept the blood of Jesus Christ! ~*~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2000-01-16 08:41 PM

Gemini I enjoyed reading this...maybe your guardian angels will meet again someday.....to dance all night in each other arms...to slowly dance the night away. Hey..there's always hope.   James
Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
4 posted 2000-01-16 09:04 PM

This is such a sweet poem, but sad!!  I like it though!!  I love angels!!  

Thanks!!
Take Care
Bridgette

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
5 posted 2000-01-16 09:22 PM

Gemini-
What a beautiful piece from your heart.
I'd almost be willing to bet that he thinks of you too.  If there's anyway possible ...
see that he knows you regret the deeds that separated you.
Friends that close ... shouldn't part.
My best wishes to you.
This is truly beautiful !
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

devina
Member Elite
since 1999-10-28
Posts 3539
Cali
6 posted 2000-01-16 10:13 PM

Always keep hope, that you will reunite one day!  And remember that God works in mysterious ways...this was beautiful!!

Open arms can be the most fragile in the world...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » One Wish Left

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary