navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Taken To Soon (A Rememberence to my lost child)
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Taken To Soon (A Rememberence to my lost child) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AngelSamsMom
since 1999-09-17
Posts 10
Seattle, WA, USA

0 posted 2000-01-25 08:14 PM

Taken To Soon

Fresh snow on a hard ground, barren trees all around
A cold stone is all that is left, of my hopes and my dreams
Tomorrow you would be saying ma’ma
Today you would be learning to walk

One will never know
For you were taken to soon

There will be no first drive, first date
Your prom i’ll never see, no wedding
And sure as a beautiful baby of
yours to call your own

Instead all I have is memories, I have a cold stone in the ground
With your precious name written
Charles Richardson Samuel Fields
December 1, 1998 to May 4, 1999
Beloved Son

So remember me until we have met again
Remember my love for you, our long nights
Remember my hopes and wishes
Love mommy forever
©Copyrighted October 4, 1999
By Connie D Fields

My heart will go on, my tears I will cry, My laughter will fade, but for all this I do for the love of Sammy

© Copyright 2000 AngelSamsMom - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2000-01-25 08:25 PM

Oh, Connie, this is heartbreaking. It is a wonderful tribute to your son. I am so sorry for your loss......

Denise

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2000-01-25 08:29 PM

Connie, I'm so sorry for the loss of your son.Makes my heart clench up at the thought of loosing mine. I just can't go there. I'm so sorry. Beautiful poem.- SEA
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2000-01-25 08:34 PM

Connie-
This is such a loving
~Mother's tribute to your son,
Charles Richardson Samuel Fields.

Welcome to the arms of a friend.
God bless you.
Love ~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Lorelei54
since 1999-07-27
Posts 458

4 posted 2000-01-25 08:54 PM

So beautiful Connie, and I'm sure your son feels your love every minute, as you do his.  I too, had a child taken too soon, many years ago, she was three months old,and I still feel her with me.  I look forward to being with her once again as you do your son.
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
5 posted 2000-01-25 09:09 PM

There is no loss like the loss of a child, no matter what the age, there will always be the "ifs". Grief is something one has to walk through very slowly, and take time to get to a place where it doesn't hurt quite as bad, and you can find a little rainbow now and then. Writing is good therapy for the soul. May God Bless and keep on writing.
Rosemary J. Gwaltney
since 1999-08-26
Posts 997
northern mountains, Idaho
6 posted 2000-01-25 09:30 PM

This is heartbreaking, poignant and sad. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved little son.  I too, have lost a child, and my heart is with you. Your wonderful tribute to your baby, written with such tender love and honor, is very touching to read.  Thank you for sharing.

...Living is ever like crossing rivers; finding a new life on each shore ... RJG

simplyYRREHS
since 2000-01-03
Posts 162

7 posted 2000-01-25 09:48 PM

You have experienced a loss I cannot begin to imagine...what a very strong woman you must be.  This is a lovely remembrance of your child, and speaks so lovingly and "longingly" from your heart.  I'm very sorry for your loss.

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." ~Henry David Thoreau

One Who Understands
since 2000-01-20
Posts 251
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
8 posted 2000-01-26 12:58 PM

No one can ever say enough about the pain you have gone through.  But you can still laugh, you can still smile.  Because I know that little Charles Richardson Samuel Fields
want's his mommy to be happy.  And he is sad when you are.  So smile for him.  And I will smile for you.

Thank you for sharing
God Bless.

kaleidoscope
since 2000-01-10
Posts 38

9 posted 2000-01-26 01:09 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know much about grief, and yours touches my heart deeply.  A poem well written.
HelmutB
since 2000-01-06
Posts 964
Canada
10 posted 2000-01-26 01:24 AM

There seem to be no words to easy such pain
I am so sorry for your loss and do not know what to say. You have captured your love truely in your poem. God bless

Cast your eyes on the ocean
Cast your eyes to the sea
When the dark night seems endless
Please remember me
"Dantes Prayer" by Loreena McKennitt

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
11 posted 2000-01-26 06:26 PM

Taken MUCH too soon. A beautiful tribute, Connie.

Elizabeth

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
12 posted 2000-01-26 06:33 PM

Without going into detail....I know the feelings so well....It's funny though hon...God seems to offer strength and many friendship/fellowship relationships to those like us and Rosemary and others that have endured this pain.....your baby's in great hands...the only hands more caring and comforting than mama's......The loss of one is always tough on the living....and memories are all we have left.....but they live on, their souls touch us everyday......and they're smiling down on us...believe me..they are......
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
13 posted 2000-01-26 07:27 PM

Angel: When the life of a child is taken, your life can never be the same...nothing repairs the damage, nothing can console you ...your mind triggers off a thousand of 'what if' type thoughts but nothing can change the sequence of events...the only comfort I can offer is that your child knew your love..and if you believe, as I do, then he will always know that and his smile, his memories will live on, with you...

Bless and HUGS

Feed your dreams with love...

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
14 posted 2000-01-26 08:18 PM

I have walked this sadness road myself and know how heartbroken you are.  I can only tell you that time was my friend, and as it passed I was able to gain strength and understanding.  
AngelSamsMom
since 1999-09-17
Posts 10
Seattle, WA, USA
15 posted 2000-01-27 04:13 PM

Thank you so much for the many special replys to my poems for Sammy, I will be printing them and saving them in my poetry book....Thanks......Connie

My heart will go on, my tears I will cry, My laughter will fade, but for all this I do for the love of Sammy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Taken To Soon (A Rememberence to my lost child)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary