navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » My Cell
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Cell Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angel girl
since 1999-07-23
Posts 322
within a whisper...

0 posted 2000-01-15 02:09 PM

My Cell

What is joy?
What is peace?
I know sorrow.
I know grief.
Pain and suffering-
They are Hell.
They are my cell
Where I dwell.
They hold me
Inside these walls.
And all the while
The outside calls.
Wanting me
To live my life-
Never mind
My toil and strife.
And so I watch-
With a sigh-
As the world
Rushes by.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
-William Shakespeare

© Copyright 2000 Liz - All Rights Reserved
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
1 posted 2000-01-15 05:46 PM

It's me again!  hehe  I can certainly relate to this one.  I've sat in the floor of my room before and cried, feeling like a prisoner in my own home...my room being my cell.  (thank God mine's padded!)  It's good that you can write like this, you're very good, it helps to release some of this frustration you're feeling!  Keep on writing!!  I've written many along this very line, eventually I found happy things to write about.  You will too someday...  

** I'm reaching for the brightest star I've ever seen - knock my ladder out from under me, and you'll wish you hadn't !! -pFF ** Here's to 2000!

Rus Bowden
since 2000-01-13
Posts 139

2 posted 2000-01-15 07:25 PM

hi angel girl,

your rhyme gives this a life of gentle sharing from its speaker, care taken for the listeners ear, almost a call to enter your place, to stop rushing.  there is another side to this coin, is there not?

rus

whiskey
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-12-28
Posts 1278
Australia
3 posted 2000-01-15 08:13 PM

I love the form you wrote this in I like it alot , I have written alot about these same feelings , The eventually subside as PFF said you find things happy to write about give it time  
angel girl
since 1999-07-23
Posts 322
within a whisper...
4 posted 2000-01-16 07:32 AM

Thankyou for your comments.

FemmeFatale: I'm glad you have happier things to write about now, and I'm glad you can relate to how I feel (not that I'm glad you have had to feel like this, but that you understand).

Whiskey and Rus: I'm not quite sure if there is another "side to this coin." If there is, I hope I will find it(soon!).

-William Shakespeare

angel girl
since 1999-07-23
Posts 322
within a whisper...
5 posted 2000-01-16 07:33 AM

Thankyou for your comments.

FemmeFatale: I'm glad you have happier things to write about now, and I'm glad you can relate to how I feel (not that I'm glad you have had to feel like this, but that you understand).

Whiskey and Rus: I'm not quite sure if there is another "side to this coin." If there is, I hope I will find it(soon!).

-William Shakespeare

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » My Cell

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary