navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Need Prayer for extended family
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Need Prayer for extended family Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida

0 posted 2008-02-06 09:55 AM

Need prayer for the Eglinger family (My daughter Joie's Daddy's family--for those who may not know--{Robby posted some poetry here as thecookiemonstr in 2000})...

As I understand it:
Robby's brother Jimmy and his wife Wendy took a few hours to go out together. They left their 17 yr old son, Will at home watching the 2 younger girls. On their way home they spotted a vehicle down the hill wrapped around a tree. Jimmy stopped and went down the hill to see if he could help, and he could see the driver was still strapped in his seat belt but the vehicle was upside down. He told Wendy to call 911. When her cell phone kept losing power she was close enough to get out of the car and run home. She called 911 from her land-line then ran back and noticed it was her husbands truck--and her own son. He was dead.

It is speculated that Will took his dad's truck out to a friend's house after the girls went to sleep, and called Jimmy's cell phone from the friend's house around 11pm to say he was going to bed, to which they said "ok, we're on the way..." We're guessing he was getting a feel for when his parents would be home, and then tried to beat them home. He was on winding North Carolina roads at night, with no drivers license.

Also, I understand the police will be involved as the 2 young girls, age 10 and about 12 or 13, were left at home alone...

The family was still mourning the death of their grandfather, Joe Eglinger, who recently passed away.

Please keep them in your prayers that they will feel the comfort of Jesus. And that the police/judge will be of understanding heart about the girls being at home alone, knowing they were not intentionally left alone by their parents...

thanks,
gale

© Copyright 2008 dgvarner - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2008-02-06 08:23 PM

DearestDG~
You know you've got my prayers for them~
Bless their hearts for all they've gone through and may the Lord-of-their-knowing hold them all in comfort~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -         noles1@totcon.com     

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
2 posted 2008-02-06 10:06 PM

Tragic events, most likely with the best of intentions.  Young minds don't always realize their own mortality...or the weight of their choices.
prayers to your family D.

hugs

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2008-02-07 10:05 AM

Gale, please know that your family's family are in my prayers.

dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida
4 posted 2008-02-07 11:20 AM

Thank you for your prayers...we're on our way to NC tonight...funeral is Saturday...
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
5 posted 2008-02-08 09:13 PM

How very sad.  May they find strength and peace through our Lord.

Rae

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2008-02-09 11:52 AM

wow, that's tragic

I'll keep them in my prayers

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
7 posted 2008-02-09 06:36 PM

What a tragic ending to a young life.
I'm so sorry for your family loss.
Know that my thoughts are with you, DG.

dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida
8 posted 2008-02-11 09:28 AM

Thank you.  We appreciate your thoughts and prayers  

Will's family is doing well, considering.  His mom is strong, and figures she doesn't need to know the "why's" and the ins and outs of the "why's" right now.  The answers will come when it is right for her to know them.  

They had him cremated, because Wendy says her son belongs "at home, with us", not in some yard somewhere.  She says, "What if I were to move to Texas??  I want my son to move to Texas with me!"  

The service was really nice.  I have no idea how one gets a service together so quickly, but they did a great job.  We heard from different people in Will's life--all of whom said Will had grown so much closer to God in the last few months.  He was on the right track.  We watched a slide show of his life. We remembered and we celebrated his life. The church was packed; standing room only by the time the service started.

Short update on incorrect info:
I understand, after talking with his mom, that Will was at home until around 11pm.  He'd been on the phone with a friend until a certain time, and then on the phone with another friend until he left the house.  Sometime after he called his parents (from home) to ask if it was alright if he went on to bed (Apparently he's a sound sleeper and wasn't sure he'd hear the girls if they got up.), is when he left the house. We don't know where he was going, or why he left.  The phone was not quite on the hook, as if he left in a hurry.  He was on his way home when he wrecked the truck.

Thank you again for all your prayers for the family.  
PS: On the same note, a few people at the funeral noted something that seemed to change Will's Life...There's a skit going around on youtube called Lifehouse Everything skit.  (I sent it around, as have many others)...It's an awesome depiction of how God fights for us, no matter how far we stray, no matter what we get into...If you haven't seen it, youtube it!  It made a difference to a 17 yr old...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Need Prayer for extended family

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary