navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » hello
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic hello Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA

0 posted 2011-01-24 08:31 AM

Wow,
It seems forever since I set foot inside these hallowed walls. Hello dear friends. As always, life has been hectic here.
I lost my beloved mother-in-law at 7 AM on Christmas morning following her 3 year battle with Ovarian cancer. No time is a good time for a loss like this but the holidays made it seem much worse.
I've been dealing with post concussive syndrome since last July...headaches, nausea, dizziness and insomnia. After many adjustments to medicine the symptoms are now bareable and the neurologist assures me that it is self limiting but can last up to a year. In addition to that I've been experiencing multiple flare of Gout that aren't relieved long enough to start on medication to keep them from coming. I started a dose of steroids large enough to kill a horse on Sunday and the Dr assures me that it will be totally gone after 2 weeks of these and I can start the new medication. Here's crossing my fingers on that one!
On the good side, I became a grandmother April 15, 2010 to a blue eyed, blonde haired grandson named Rory. He has quickly become the apple of his grandmothers eye. I might be a bit biased, but I think he's the cutest kid ever and folks say he looks a lot like me
Missing you all and certainly haven't found my muse lately. If anyone happens to see him would you send him on back my way, I rather miss him too.
Ruth
aka
Hoot_owl_rn

I am nothing special...and my name will soon be forgotten,but I've loved another with all my heart and soul,and to me,this has always been enough.~N.S

© Copyright 2011 Ruth Kephart - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2011-01-24 10:09 AM

Hoot! Ruth, we have grandchildren born within hours of one another...my seventh grandchild was born shortly after midnight on April 16, 2010! Now let's think poetically that someday they'll meet...LOL...

I'm sorry about your Mother-in-law. It is never easy to lose someone that put their trust in us to take care of their sons...

I'll be thinking positive thoughts about your own medical problems. Would it matter if you received a second opinion? Sometimes what we're gold we're going through is only the tip of the iceberg, you know...

We've missed you, too! So here's to a better 2011 for you...and just think, we'll be celebrating our grandchildren's first birthday in a few short months!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » hello

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary