navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Photos of the 99th birthday gathering
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Photos of the 99th birthday gathering Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2010-09-14 08:08 PM

I promissed you to show photos of the birthday celebration of Muys. I can only show 5 here, but I'm planning to put them on my Pbase photo gallery and I'll let you know when they're up there.

The volunteers of the Ambulance wish picked Muys up at Saturday Sept. 11 at 09.30. A very comfortable ambulance with windows all around. She got their mascotte, a little teddybear.

Then they drove about 3 hours to the gathering place, where all the great grandchildren were allowed to sit on the stretcher, blowing bubbles.

The sun was shining all day and we had so much fun seeing most members of our family. A lot of laughing was heard. Then, surprise surprise, she got beautiful flowers and a bottle of wine from the owners of the restaurant.

We took a lot of pictures, this one is of our daughters with their nephews.

We had a lovely lunch of delicious pancakes, the children could play in a beautiful playground and there was a very nice children's farm where little goats hopped over the fences.

And this little guy, whom she had never seen up till now, surprised us all when Muys was leaving again in the ambulance, by saying: "Bye bye little Angel" and we all hope he is by far not clairvoyant.

Muys had a wonderful day. She's calling me five times a day to tell me how wonderful it was to see all the great grandchildren.

Thanks to the wonderful idea of one man and with the help of all kind of volunteers, this day would not have been possible. And they do it all for free, no costs at all. Hats off.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

[This message has been edited by Titia Geertman (09-14-2010 09:12 PM).]

© Copyright 2010 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2010-09-15 12:56 PM

Titia - Thank you very, very much for sharing this wonderful day with us.  Give her a huge hug from us.  We're proud to count your mother as one of our family here at PipTalk.  We're looking forward to next year and wishing her good health in the meantime.

Love, Nan

p.s. - Don't tell Ron I said so, but if you make a reply on this thread, you can include another 5 photos...

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2010-09-15 01:26 AM

Oh, how wonderful of that group to do these tings. Could not be done here I am sure.
latearrival

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
3 posted 2010-09-17 02:49 PM

What a beautiful celebration for a wonderful lady!!! Please give her a hug for us!
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2010-09-17 09:54 PM

Oh Titia...I know how much this means to all of your family...we did the same for my Mother by love...and do not discount the charm of the young ones...for our loves always live on in our minds, and hearts.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2010-09-18 05:18 AM

Titia! Thank you!

Gosh she looks so good! What a wonderful celebration!!!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2010-09-19 11:10 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures and celebration.  She looks fantastic for 99 years young.  Wonderful family gathering!  

May this year be her most heartwarming year!

God bless you all!

Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Photos of the 99th birthday gathering

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary