navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Isaac Bonewits
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Isaac Bonewits Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows

0 posted 2010-08-12 02:06 PM

Isaac Bonewits died peacefully this morning.  Though not a member of PiP, some here may have known him, others may have known of him.

Isaac was one of the great elders of the modern pagan community of the 20th century.  He was a prolific writer and a great wit.

He was an easy friend, a dear man, a joy to be around and will be missed.

"i nGlinn dá loch césta croch / conidnarlaid síth iar sáeth"

[This message has been edited by icebox (08-12-2010 04:55 PM).]

© Copyright 2010 icebox - All Rights Reserved
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

1 posted 2010-08-12 03:32 PM

I never had the pleasure, but your tribute here and the words you share tell me that it was my loss not have before he passed away. My thoughts are with you, for the loss of a friend sir.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2010-08-12 05:41 PM

I sure wish him a blessed journey.  His druid elders, and the pagan community have lost a very rich, and wonderful soul.  You were very lucky to have met him, and call him friend.

If you don't mind I wanted to put this on your post for people to send their condolences.

Tribute to Isaac Bonewits

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
3 posted 2010-08-15 01:48 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Charlie. May he know the peaceful journey.
                                      Ida

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2010-08-15 09:50 PM

Charlie,

through you, we now know of his existance, a miniscule part of his life, and his passing. My thoughts go out to his family and his friends who knew and enjoyed his life.

K

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Isaac Bonewits

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary