navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Update About My Girlfriend's Cancer Treatments
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Update About My Girlfriend's Cancer Treatments Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV

0 posted 2010-07-10 05:45 PM

My girlfriend, Tonia, had her last chemo therapy treatment this past Thursday. Her oncologist is now wanting her to consider radiation therapy as well because the cancerous tumor that was removed when they did the mastectomy was three milimeters from her chest wall. Unfortunately, at this time, we're unable to afford even going to the radiation oncologist for a consult due to the fact that we are nearly $2,000 behind on our rent and facing threat of eviction if we can't come up with that money by the end of the month. The property manager for our apartments is trying to get her bosses to let us pay $900 by the end of the month, and make the rest up by the end of next month. If they'll agree to that, we'll be able to catch up as I just got a new job that starts on July 26th for $12/hr and a garaunteed 40 hours a week. Wish us luck!

-Rachael

Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

© Copyright 2010 Rachael Fuchsberger - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2010-07-10 09:11 PM

Good Luck, Rachael. I hope everything works out for the both of you, including the radiation treatments.

M

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

2 posted 2010-07-11 03:33 AM

Check in with the social work folks, Rachael.  The Breast cancer peopole can be very helpful with funding help for treatment and sometimes for subsidiary costs like transportation and, I believe, rent.  The Susan B. Komen folks are very helpful.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2010-07-18 09:42 PM

May God have mercy on you.  I pray the radiation kills the cancer cells and that your landlord will be understanding.

God bless,
Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Update About My Girlfriend's Cancer Treatments

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary