navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Musings of an Earth Angel . . . (The Book)
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Musings of an Earth Angel . . . (The Book) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light

0 posted 2009-12-15 10:28 AM

Hello, my friends! I am absolutely thrilled that my book “Musings of an Earth Angel” is finally in print. It’s been a long year in the process. I was “discovered” at an Open Mic Poetry Nite by a publisher. I wish my parents were still alive to see their dream of me being a published author/poet become a reality ~ but I know that they are smiling big time from up in heaven.

The publisher has had this website created for my book!! http://www.lindadowd.com
(with video of me reciting poems from the book.)

Reviews

Read what the critics are saying about Musings of an Earth Angel

Linda L. Dowd is one of the world’s best-kept secrets. Now the word is out!
– Hellen Buttigieg, Television Host, Author, and Speaker

• • •

Linda Dowd will steal your heart. She will then transport it to her dream world of fairies, angels and lost and found love in these spiritual, mystical poems. Each section in this collection of well crafted verse will make you laugh, cry, want to sing along, and will keep you riveted to each line. You will not be able to put this book down. This treasury of romantic rhyming poetry will carry you across endless seas, across the universe and then land you back at the beginning of the book, to read over and over again.
– I.B. Iskov, Founder, The Ontario Poetry Society

• • •

Linda Dowd’s Musings of an Earth Angel is an emotional journey through the trials and tribulations of loss, love, faith and life. Whether you need a reminder of eternal source or a dose of understanding and compassion, this book will provide you with an unforgettable experience.
– Tracy Repchuk, Founder/President, Canadian Federation of Poets, Bestselling author of 31 Days to Millionaire Marketing Miracles

Love and Light,
Linda/Earth Angel
www.lindadowd.com

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (12-16-2009 09:01 AM).]

© Copyright 2009 Linda L. Dowd - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2009-12-15 10:36 AM

Linda!

There you are!  I am so proud of you.  I have been excited for months and will be buying a few copies tonight.  Dang.  You just made my morning.

I am off to peek into your website before work.

xoxoxo
Hugs and love,
Alison

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2009-12-15 11:27 AM

Alison, "Dang. You just made my morning!" too!!!
Gosh, girl, I cannot tell you how your comments and enthusiasm tickled me pink!
Thank you so much!

I am actually getting a thrill knowing that my book will soon be in your hands, my friend!

Love you!
Linda

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2009-12-15 01:30 PM

Linda ... that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!

I am incredibly happy for you. What a lovely cover and wonderful reviews. The comment by Helen Buttigeig ...  I recognized her name.  I think that's the gal I've seen on the TV show where she goes in and helps people get organized?  

Just wonderful, and the site is lovely. Congratulations Linda!  

Best wishes and hugs,
/Kit

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
4 posted 2009-12-15 01:37 PM

Wow, here you are, a new born star!

You should see me, I have such a broad smile due to the joy of this fantastic achievement.  You are such a multitalent and it was about time that you were discovered! I love the cover of your book, it has that touch of magic, mystery and spirituality that conveys your essence very well. And then there are also a few prints of your wonderful paintings to accompany your poetry, which we know to be outstanding and extremely captivating.

CONGRATULATIONS, DEAR LINDA ANGELO TERRESTRE!

I have ordered my copies and I know that your book will be a welcome gift for a few of my friends who will cherish it exactly the way I do.

The website is well done too. Everything points into the direction of success.

You are beautiful and the critics do you justice.

Evviva!

Love and hugs.
Margherita

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2009-12-15 04:19 PM

Ms. Kit-ty ~

THANK YOU! I'm walking on Cloud 9. I have to pinch myself to believe all this is really happening. When I lost my Mom 3 years ago, with Dad following 4 weeks later, it felt as though the bottom had fallen out of my world. However, I had a knowing that in spite of my overwhelming loss at the time, that there were good things coming ahead! ~ and they have!

Yes, Hellen Buttigieg is that television host. She also made a speech about me at my book launch. We have been very close friends for over 12 years.

Be well. Be happy, my fellow Ontarian!

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2009-12-15 04:33 PM

Maga Margherita ~

Oh, my dear Dolphina! You honour me! Thank you for the book orders and for the glowing words.
When I joined pip and was asked for username, my mind went blank. So, as was (and still is) a custom of mine, I looked out my office window (which was my daughter's bedroom at the time!) and reached my arms up towards the sky and uttered, "Please help me!" The name "Earth Angel" popped into my head and I went with it. Then about a year ago, I had a knowing that I was going to be published and I went on my deck, reached my arms up into the sky and asked what the title of the book should be ~ and "Musings of an Earth Angel" popped into my head. The following day, a publisher contacted me and said that she wanted to publish a book of my poetry. I already had the name of the book for her! About half a year earlier she had heard me reciting my poetry at an Open Mic Poetry Nite.

When she asked me if I had an idea for the cover, I said an angel surrounded by lilacs. Well, I darn near fell off my 'cloud' when I saw this cover with a young woman reaching up into the sky like I have done my entire life whenever I wanted to give thanks or say a fervent prayer or ask for some guidance.

"Musings of an Earth Angel" was meant to be. There have been several divine signs and my heart is filled with gratitude.

Thank you my dear friend for supporting and believing in me!

Linda

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2009-12-15 05:16 PM

Congratulations Linda!  I am sure it will be held by many hearts who will be warmed.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 2009-12-15 08:54 PM

...and to think I knew you when you were a nobody! No, the fact is you've never been a nobody. You're special...and I have no doubt this book is, too. Congrats, Angel. This is a great achievement!

(don't forget the little people on your way up!)

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
9 posted 2009-12-16 12:14 PM

Congratulations, Linda!  What wonderful news (but then, I KNEW it was going to happen, so although I am overjoyed, I am not at all surprised)!

Enjoy it all!  It has worked out perfectly.

It was just like you, you Earth Angel, in the midst of your happiness to spread your warmth and kindness towards my prayer request for my darling Daisy-dog.  Thank you for that, you Earth Angel, you!

Owl

Owl

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
10 posted 2009-12-16 02:50 AM

Wonderful news Linda. I had wondered if you had ever published as you write so  interestingly and always  have everyone's comments and postings. I had mentioned to you that I always read you but do not always reply. Your replys are always off the page and my few little  words would be meaningless.  congratulations. latearrival.
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
11 posted 2009-12-16 06:26 AM

This is wonderful news, Linda. Your  cover  fits your name and explanation perfectly.

M

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
12 posted 2009-12-16 09:31 AM

Mysterious One ~

Good morning, my fellow Canadian! You were one of the pipsters who said that there should be a book of my poetry published some day! Thank you for believing in me!

Already the sales have sky-rocketed! I sold over 50 at my book launch and I arrived late because we were stopped in traffic because of an accident on the highway! Gosh, I had a lens implanted in my eye 3 days prior to the launch and I had to wear sunglasses! What a discombobulated sight I was when I made my 'grand' entrance! lol Oh well, I still managed to make my speech without embarassing myself further.

I couldn't see well ~ so I couldn't see the audience very well either! ~ Less nerve-wracking when you can't see them looking back at you!

I have another eye operation in January on the other eye so the big promotional push will be in the spring. I will be given one or two more launches at that time for just myself and there will be a publicist working closely with me. In the meantime I still have some more laser surgeries on my retinas yet to go as well. I've already had over 30 of them in the past 4 years! Egads! Sheesh! Gadzooks!

Anyhoo, I can handle all that schtuff because I am just so ding dang happy to have had a book of my poetry published! lol

Thanks for the warm response to my news! Have a great day!

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
13 posted 2009-12-16 09:40 AM

Balladeer ~

Well, m'dear Deer, there's a book of yours sitting on my bookshelf that you should be mighty proud of!!! ~ and you never forgot 'the little people'! ~ and neither shall I! lol lol lol In fact, for some of us, it can be a very humbling experience when we are so blessed!

Mike, thank you for your kind words and for your teachings in the Poetry Workshop. I learned from the best!

Love 'n hugs,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
14 posted 2009-12-16 09:49 AM

Venerable Wise One ~

Dear Diana, I thank you my friend for believing in me. I am still sending prayers up for your dear Daisy dog.

With your loving, healing ways and with so many prayers going up to God's ear, I truly feel that she will get through this trying time. Our pets truly are family and when they hurt, we hurt.

I appreciate your appreciation and kindness.

God bless you and all your pets ~ past and present.

Love,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
15 posted 2009-12-16 09:54 AM

Late ~

You are such a little sweetie pie. Yes, I do know that you read my poems and do not always reply. Just knowing you like my poetry and that you try to read every one of them, is VERY gratifying. There's no need to reply to them! ~ Mind you, it is always a treat when you do! lol

Love and a BIG (((HUG)))

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
16 posted 2009-12-16 10:11 AM

Naked One ~

Top o' the mornin' to you, Maureen! I appreciate you being happy for me and I'm pleased that you like the cover of my book. I get goosebumps whenever I look at it. As soon as my friends and family saw it, they all had the same reaction ~ that it was me! It certainly does represent my spirit!

Sending a warm hug your way,

Linda

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
17 posted 2009-12-16 11:33 AM

I am so proud of you... Your wonderful poems and delightful self have brightened my world and lifted my spirits so many times... I can't wait to hold your book in my hands... you are always held in my heart.
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
18 posted 2009-12-16 07:33 PM

Suthern One ~

~ and I can't wait, either, for you to hold my book in your hands! It will feel as though we are connecting even though we are miles and miles away. A little piece of me will be in my friend's home! That's a nice feeling, Ruth!

Love you!

Linda

www.lindadowd.com

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
19 posted 2009-12-23 07:50 AM

Congratulations, dear Linda!  May the sales go off the graph!  Sending good wishes for a successful eye operation.  

And now that you're famous, don't forget us here.  

Helen

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
20 posted 2009-12-29 12:51 PM

Helen, that was a honey of a sweet thing to say! Thank you! Yes, the sales are really mind-boggling! I get such a thrill out of the reactions that my book has been getting. My publisher informed me that people have been coming back and to order multiple copies! I'm blown away by it all! If it weren't for my pip friends who have believed in me, I doubt that I could have believed in myself enough to go ahead and sign on the dotted line. The whole process was somewhat intimidating and I shied away from the prospect when the publisher approached me several months earlier at an open poetry mic nite. Well, when she contacted me again several months later, I knew that when opportunity knocks twice, I had best open that door and walk through it! Now I am very glad that I did!

Love 'n a hug,
Linda

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
21 posted 2009-12-29 05:23 AM

Congratulations!, Linda. What exciting news for such a wonderful angel.
                                Ida

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
22 posted 2009-12-30 03:22 PM

Marchmadness ~

My dear Ida Belle, yes, this is very "exciting" for me and I appreciate your warm response to my news! Thank you for your kindness, dear lady friend!

Sending love and a big happy hug for the new year,

Linda

www.lindadowd.com

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
23 posted 2010-01-02 04:23 PM

Now this is a book I am totally excited to read. Excellent picture and reviews.

Can't wait to purchase it!
So tell me, are you thinking of writing a second one?

Happy Holidays,

ARCTIC WIND

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
24 posted 2010-01-03 12:03 PM

Linda....This is wonderful news...I'm so glad I stopped into Pip and saw this so well deserved announcement.  I'm so proud of you.  Congratulations, lovely Angel of Earth!!  
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
25 posted 2010-01-03 11:17 AM

Each time we read your postings, we knew your work was really special.  Through it we learned what a wonderfully special person you are.  I'll be honored to have your book in my collection, Linda.

Congratulations!  Happy New year!
God bless,
Rae

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
26 posted 2010-01-03 11:27 AM

How on earth could I have missed this.

Congratulations Linda and I certainly am going to order a copy. That makes, I think, 5 books now that I have from the Blue Page friends.

Enjoy your moment of fame, you deserve it.

Love, Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
27 posted 2010-01-03 03:08 PM

ARCTIC, you are always making me smile BIG TIME!

Thank you for your enthusiastic response to my announcement. It warms my heart to know that you would like to have one of my books. It's only a matter of time before a publisher "discovers" you ~ and I would most certainly purchase one of yours!

Thank you, AW

Happy New Year!

EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
28 posted 2010-01-03 03:11 PM

Martie!!!

I'm so pleased that you are so pleased, Ms. Flowers! You have just added to this whole joyful experience for me. I truly appreciate your warm response to my news! Thank you!

Have a happy, happy new year!

Love,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
29 posted 2010-01-03 03:17 PM

Sandgrain ~

Dear Rae, and I, my friend, will be "honored" to have my book in your collection!

I am delighted by your kind reply. Thank you!

May 2010 bring about the complete healing of your beloved husband, Ray. The golf course awaits his return!

God bless you both, Rae & Ray.

Love,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
30 posted 2010-01-03 03:24 PM

Titia ~

How is one of my 2 favourite Netherlanders doing? (Mommy Muys is the other one, of course! )

I appreciate your 'patronage'! Gosh, that means that I am actually going to have one of my books in the Netherlands! It is rather exciting for me to have books going to so many countries around the world. ~ All places that I would like to visit! My book certainly is getting around more than I do! lol

Thank you, Titia!

Happy New Year blessings to you and Mommy Muys!

Linda

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
31 posted 2010-01-03 11:33 PM

Oh my gosh! I am so darn proud of you. I knew one day you would publish and be famous. The book is loaded with fantastic poetry and how I love your voice.

Blessing on you SoulSister.

ooxx

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
32 posted 2010-01-04 08:44 AM

If, like me, you look for her work here on PIP and think reading a gift from her pen brightens your day... well, clear your evening and pamper yourself... you won't be able to put it down! *S*

And if there happens to be someone out there whose heart hasn't yet been touched by our own angel... you're in for such a treat! Every page delights!

Linda, my dear friend... your book is almost as wonderful as you are! Congratulations on a job well done... and thank you for every word. *S*

Hugs to you,
me

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
33 posted 2010-01-04 10:30 AM

Misty Lilacs ~

I breathe in your username every time I see it!

Greetings, Marti! I was about to send an angel posse out looking for you! You've been missed!
Well, you The book you envisioned has actually become a reality! I knew you would be happy for me, SS.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the poems in the book! You and I have always been sisters in a mutual admiration society!

Sending lots of love and wishes for a fabulous new year for you and your family!

Linda
xo

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
34 posted 2010-01-04 10:36 AM

...Suthern...I have to regain my composure after reading your 'testimonial' reply!...

I had to go back just now and read it again through my tears. My dear friend, Ruth, my entire body is infused with the warmth of your glowing words. My own fail me. I am unable to adequately express the depth of my appreciation.

Sending my love and gratitude,
Linda xo

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
35 posted 2010-01-04 12:25 PM

Linda, I am questioning myself now whether I need to go get some glasses or not. I can't believe I didn't see this till now.

I saw the website but not this thread.

I am very proud of you and can't wait to get the book! Of course it would be snowing today and we can't go to town to the bank so I can drop some money in but there will be sunshine tomorrow!

I never have said much about each of the poets that inspire me here...I sit quietly in ponder, in awe, in tears sometimes. You are one that I don't mention. But I do read often. And just know that even if I don't reply, there is a place in my heart that you fill with your beauty when the world is ugly for me.

Dixie

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
36 posted 2010-01-05 12:00 PM

Aw shucks, Darlin' Dixie!

Now you have me tearing up! I am so emotional lately and my heart is brimming with love and gratitude. I am pleased to know that my book will find a home in yours! ~ as your book will find a home in mine!

I truly appreciate your warm response to my announcement. God bless you! ~ and GOOD LUCK with your book! ~ or should I say "books"! ~ Gosh! This is your 4th!!!!! Good golly. You've been one busy little poetess!

It looks like you are about to have a very happy new year!

Love and Kudos,
Linda

www.lindadowd.com

sewasham
since 2006-09-11
Posts 714
Oklahoma, USA
37 posted 2010-01-06 03:00 PM

Congratulations Ms. Dowd! It couldn't happen to a sweeter person. Take care and Have fun. Steve

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
38 posted 2010-01-06 06:43 PM

Just ordered your book. A New Year's present to myself LOL Looking forward to get it.

Really enjoyed listening to you, you have the most sweetest voice.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
39 posted 2010-01-06 09:46 PM

I'm so very proud of you! To have such acclamation of your work is something to showcase, indeed! As I can I will check in on your work and hopefully purchase an autographed copy!

Bless your heart....and Warm Hugs...

Sunshine

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
40 posted 2010-01-07 12:38 PM

Sewasham ~

Thank you, Sweet Steve! That was very nice of you to say!

May this new year be one of prosperity and joy for you and your family!

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
41 posted 2010-01-07 12:45 PM

Titia ~

I am delighted that my book is on its way to the Netherlands and into your hands!
It's a good thing for me that you are gifting yourself with a New Year's present! lol

Thanks you, my dear Dutch Lady friend! I hope you enjoy reading my poetic thoughts and the pics of my paintings.
~ One of which was on the front of the birthday card I sent to Mommy Muys.

Love and a big, warm hug,

Linda xo
www.lindadowd.com

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
42 posted 2010-01-07 12:50 PM

Sunshiny One ~

Greetings, Karilea! Thank you for your auspicious remarks. They are much appreciated and very well-received! I would be honoured to have you purchase a book, dear Novelist! Your fine book is sitting proudly on my own bookshelf!

Love & Sun Light,

Linda

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
43 posted 2010-01-15 10:22 PM

Got my copy yesterday, looks wonderful.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
44 posted 2010-01-16 08:36 AM

Dear Angelo Terrestre, there are five copies of your delightful book at the center of the world in the eternal city right now, two of them will find their way to Switzerland, where two of my English speaking friends will enjoy them. One will travel to London to my sister in law and other two are destined to go back on your continent, one to Canada (BC) and one to USA. Well, there is the sixth which definitely stays with me!

Congratulations again!

Love and hugs.
Margherita

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
45 posted 2010-01-16 11:55 AM

Titia ~

Thank you for letting me know that my book has arrived safely in your loving hands over there in the Netherlsands!

Much love to you and Mommy Muys!

Love & Light,
Linda xo

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
46 posted 2010-01-16 12:03 PM

My Adorable Dolphina ~

6 copies! Gadzooks, girlfriend! Wow! ~ Look at all the countries that you are delivering my 'baby' to! lol That little Earth Angel is sure getting around and it tickles my cherubic cheeks a bright rose-petal pink! Yanno, girlfriend, this is an exciting time in my life and I am grateful beyond words. Yes, I have my travails and travesties, but that's part and parcel of the human experience. If we keep the faith and keep marching forth with a brave heart, blessings galore eventually come our way!

I appreciate your friendship beyond words. Merci beaucoups, mon amie tres chere.

Linda Angelo Terrestre

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Musings of an Earth Angel . . . (The Book)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary