navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » I Just Found This On The Internet, Someone Took My Poem and Made a Video ith Music
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Just Found This On The Internet, Someone Took My Poem and Made a Video ith Music Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2009-04-08 03:35 PM

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrUlItFqmZQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrUlItFqmZQ

© Copyright 2009 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
1 posted 2009-04-08 06:08 PM

how did you find it?

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2009-04-08 07:19 PM

Better question yet - do you have a copyright date and are you questioning the action?

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2009-04-08 07:31 PM

At least they have given you credit, mentioning your full name as the author of the poem.
They have not taken it from here, because your name is nowhere to be found here ... Or they know you maybe.

Love,
Margherita

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2009-04-08 08:06 PM

The music is pleasant, but are you ok this? It seems the person knows you and maybe doesn't grasp the copyright issues.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2009-04-08 09:42 PM

I'm curious, as Kacy is...

are you upset or proud?

(I might be able to follow your link after spring break...too many comps on one line)

But really, I was very proud when someone read my poem for me--is that the case here?

If so...congrats! If not? boo?

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2009-04-08 11:18 PM

LOL Karen! ~ Yeah I agree, I mean Yay! Someone enjoyed my poetry that much, or hey Mr., You can't do that without asking, ya know!

But anyways, that poem was delightful, your best poem you have ever written. Perhaps you might re-post it?

ARCTIC WIND

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
7 posted 2009-04-09 07:06 PM

Hey Guys, there are credits, The Poem By Millette Addison Played to the song River Flows In You By Yiruma For My Love , see the right side of the screenplay.
Nice compliment.  

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2009-04-09 10:52 PM

But, ARH, proud or not, did you allow their use of your words?

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
9 posted 2009-04-14 10:21 PM

So sorry guys, I forgot I posted this...
well I just googled my name and found it that way, and yes I was happy, it was a compliment,
to know someone liked it enough to post it to music, and I don't know this person...but  my poem is published on the main site(here at PIP) as well as two more, with my name on the top 100 all time favorite poems.
Also if you look at the other artist he used to make videos to , I am honored!
I don't remember any email for permission, but he is giving me credit.
When you google my name, there are alot of websites that have used my poems, and they do give me credit for them.
I just wander sometimes posting my writings in public, if songwriters and artist for popular bands read it on here and use a line or two in their songs.
I did have someone email me wanting the rights to one of my poems, they stated that the singer was a well known artist and wanted to put my words to music... I told them a price and I never heard from them again.
But back in 2000 or before, in one of my poems, there was a line, that stated, something like your name tattooed or engraved across my heart....
and then last year a song came out, "just like a tattoo, I'll always have you...."
I believe that is why we are having such great songs on the radio, sometimes I feel, I am giving away my thoughts, my ideas...even if it is not the EXACT words, still my ideas are being used.
Hey if I was a songwriter, that would be the first thing to pop into my head, if I couldn't write, go to the poetry boards online....get ideas!
Just my thoughts on all of it!

Sunshine~ I didn't give permission as far as I can remember, and the only copyright that I have is where it has been published on PIP.

Thanks to all who posted and replied!

Arctic for you, I will repost it, since you did request it..thanks for the compliments from all of you...!

~Millette

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » I Just Found This On The Internet, Someone Took My Poem and Made a Video ith Music

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary