navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Holiday Mail For Heroes
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Holiday Mail For Heroes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2008-11-15 02:04 PM

Hi,  

With the holidays soon approaching I got to thinking about the men and women who serve us by leaving their families and homes.  I found a link at the Red Cross for sending mail to these great heroes overseas, and have included the "Snopes" write-up for it below to show it is legitimate.  I hope each of you will consider taking a minute to read it, and send a few encouraging words to someone you don't even know that truly cares about us.  There are two additional links if you wish to send more than cards, but words are the best gifts of all, as you can see from this site.        My Grandmother used to say, "The best present you can receive is the one you give away."

Snopes - Holiday Mail For Heroes

Red Cross Link - Mail For Heroes

Thanks everyone.

© Copyright 2008 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 posted 2008-11-15 10:01 PM

Yo Mysteria,

This is a good idea.  I remember mail call was always THE high point in the day.

One would hope that there is a way to get mail to people who don't get much mail.

Love Bobby

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
2 posted 2008-11-17 09:33 AM

great idea and i will do it

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2008-11-17 08:39 PM

Thank you, I am working on my second box of cards with letters from our family up here to them.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Holiday Mail For Heroes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary