navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » I'm Back!
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm Back! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown

0 posted 2007-12-20 07:12 PM

Hi Everyone! My electricity just came back on about 30 minutes ago. These past 10 days were horrible. But, atleast I had heat. I was warm. I am so glad it is over. I have missed you all. This would have been a good time to have a laptop. But, it doesn't look like I will be getting one of those anytime soon. LOL! I lost all of my food in the freezer, so I will have to try to replace it. It is so good to see some light, again.

© Copyright 2007 Sue Graves - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2007-12-20 07:54 PM

smiling achoo!

Warm hugs

And isn't that one of the best feelings? (when the electricity comes back on, I mean)

Warm hugs are good too, but man--LIGHTS!

YAY

Welcome back to the warm blue glow of the Pip-page, Sue!

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2007-12-20 07:59 PM

Welcome back to civilization ~ and to your pip family! You've been missed, Sweet Sue!

I can only half-imagine how horrible it must have been for you! ~ A few years ago we were without electricity for 5 days! ~ but 10!!!!!!!

How did the pioneers do it?!?

Thanks for getting back to us so promptly after your power came on!

Love to you, Sue the Survivor!

Linda

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
3 posted 2007-12-20 11:14 PM

Merry Christmas Sue,
What a great gift to have you back with us.
Happy Holidays!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2007-12-20 11:28 PM

SUE!  You had HEAT!  Thank God!

We were without electricity for six days, and we did not have heat. Nor connection...our cable had come down as well! I love trees! I don't dislove trees at this point; we should have been out there trimming!

I'm sorry for your food loss; sometimes insurance will cover that, check it out if you can.

I'm so glad you are safe.

K

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
5 posted 2007-12-21 08:44 AM

SweetSuzieQ~
You KNOW how HAPPY it made me to find you in my mailbox this morning !!
VERY VERY !!

I can well imagine just how awful it was to be without the electricity for 10 days !
Dang ... when we had the hurricanes and were without electric for four days, I thought I'd go bonkers ... and it wasn't even cold !!
I am obviously part Polar Bear ... and would totally hibernate if I had to live in those snowy conditions~

LOL ... guess ya' should have put your freezer food in a bag and set it out in the snow !!!

Love you dearest friend~

Now ... save your package of love until at least Christmas Eve ... I'm just glad it got through to you in the horrible weather conditions~

Be safe, Suzie~
Bill and I send our love~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com     

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2007-12-21 10:53 AM

I'm so glad you had heat! Next time, take your food and put it in the snow....bury it where (hopefully) animals won't get it. But? Let's hope there ISN'T a next time...lol

hugs to you!!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2007-12-21 02:36 PM

So glad you're safe and sound, Sue.  What a time that was!  Very scarey when you feel so theatened and isolated.  I, too, was thinking, at least she can keep her food cool by putting it outside. The house we moved from had an unheated, enclosed front porch, I used to use for my walk in cooler over the holidays, when I'd have pies, and all that stuff that never fits in one giant sized frig.  When we moved, I kept saying I was going to miss that, for sure.  Here we have an attached garage where I often put something I need to cool quickly, but don't have the need for so much food, since we're empty nesters and the grandkids don't come often.  We're 40 miles further away.
God bless and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Rae

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
8 posted 2007-12-23 03:43 AM

Hello my sweet Sue... so glad you are back amongst your blue pages friends...  I wish you much happiness and joy over the Christmas season and hope that you get to spend your time with family and friends that you love and cherish...  much love always  RDB xxx

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » I'm Back!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary