navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » A NEW POETRY BOOK!
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic A NEW POETRY BOOK! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
madisonj
Unregistered
Posts 2

0 posted 2006-05-04 03:32 PM

I recently started reading a very powerful book by a new author. The book is entitled, "A Rhythm in My Soul". The first two chapters blew me away. It's a book of poetry, but it's not the normal thing, it's powerful. It puts the spotlight on the black community, politics, and our role in it. I just picked it up because it looked like an interesting read, but it's far more than that. I believe this is the shockwave the black community needed. It's available at all the major bookstores online, and the author's name is Marina Kelley. I'm telling you, it's definitely something a lot of people are going to be talking about. After I started into it, I had to seek out some book clubs, because this is a powerful sister, saying some powerful things! It made me look at things in a whole new light, not to mention notice more things around me.
The website is www.marinakelley.com

You really need to check it out.

Madison Jones

© Copyright 2006 madisonj - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » A NEW POETRY BOOK!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary