navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » New Members Rolling Story.
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic New Members Rolling Story. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2006-03-19 04:36 PM

Untitled #

This is the title of a new members story i have started on the passions in prose forum, i thought they may be able to add their own part to it and thus create a story written by the members.
My idea for the theme of the story would be a time a few years after a world nuclear war. Where things are lying in ruins and people have to make their own way, live on their wits and find what they could. There is someone trying to keep some sort of order called the ''men at arms'' but the  people do not know who they represent, nobody knows who the leaders of the world are, everything has broken down. No technology works except in scavenged parts put together by people.
The story can go anywhere, it is started in a city but the ''main''character could go to the country, or anywhere for that matter, it is up to the members.

Perhaps it would be beneficial if people wrote certain parts in an order, say by being given a number for part two part three etc. that way eveyone has a chance to get involved.

let me know if you think it would work.

Goldenrose.

Desire for nothing except desirelessness,hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes, want nothing and you will have everything.avatar Meher Baba.

© Copyright 2006 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2006-03-19 06:03 PM

Ok..I'm in..posted my part...
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

2 posted 2006-03-19 06:08 PM

Thank you for the first post devine i hope there are more who post as well as you did..who knows where it may lead that was my hope at the start..a story for the mebers and by the members...

Goldenrose.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2006-03-19 07:18 PM

Phil, I'm smiling here, hoping you enjoy the small addition I just posted. I'll be back again later, to see if anyone else in jumping in. LOL, I feel I could just about write a whole chapter with this storyline.
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

4 posted 2006-03-19 07:24 PM

Kacy perhaps someone else will make it more interseting for you to add to? I am amazed at how well the members here do write , if we could get some more members involved i think the story could just take off and go just about in any direction. I am enjoying watching it from the sidelines to see the path it takes, i just wanted to put the bare essential lines to it and then see how it went.

Do check back and add to it, get people involved if you can.

Goldenrose.

Desire for nothing except desirelessness,hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes, want nothing and you will have everything.avatar Meher Baba.

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
5 posted 2006-03-20 07:34 PM

To join together, and share our joy of writing, is in itself the healing to the story.  Thanks for coming up with this idea GR...I added my humble thread as well.

TD

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

6 posted 2006-03-20 07:49 PM

Diamond thank you for adding your words i see that Midnitesun has already added more, please by all means add more, it is there for the members, to see how they would contribute, the more the merrier.The story could take an unexpected twist at anytime and go anyplace. Glad i could help to get the creative writing juices going, you have without knowing it added another new dimention and another character is presented.  Thank you all who is taking part, step up the next writer please!..

Goldenrose

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

7 posted 2006-03-21 06:55 PM

I have added more to the rolling story, if any member would like to add to it they may do so at any time. If you could read all the posts through first so you get a gist of the storyline, that way we shall stay within the already set out frame and keep it going longer.

Goldenrose.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
8 posted 2006-03-21 09:13 PM

This is turning out to be more fun than I had imagined, as I've never personally been too fond of duet or 'group' writing. The framework of the storyline you set in motion is already stirring up great creative juices from several excellent Pipster writers!
Thanks, Phil, for getting this storyball rolling. It promises to go in many directions; hopefully everything will blend together into a nice long winding tale!

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

9 posted 2006-03-22 06:00 AM

Kacy thank you for contributing, some of the writing is very good, and so deseriptive too, but we could do with more people, the more people who get involved, the more directions it can go and then the next person along is challenged to keep within the guidlines, to hopefully stay, however loosely, within the storyline.

Thank you to devine, sunshine, this diamond, magnus and all the others who have contributed so far, but lets have some fresh thinking and new people joining, as well as all the above making their marks again.

Goldenrose.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
10 posted 2006-03-24 09:48 AM

Forgive me if I am not joining in, I'm feeling a bit lazy today. I must say how impressed I am with all of the literary contributions thus far! ~ A fascinating read!!! It'd make a great book!

Phil, you got a great ball rolling and everybody has done a wonderful job of keeping it going ~ and it's picking up speed! Kudos to you all!

Loves 'n hugs,
Linda

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

11 posted 2006-04-06 06:04 PM

I have just added another line to the story. if anyone would like to add anything to the story then please do so.

lets keep it going and take it to another area.

Goldenrose.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » New Members Rolling Story.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary