navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Interesting story about copyrighted images
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Interesting story about copyrighted images Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars

0 posted 2006-03-12 08:29 PM

The Artist and the Dictator from the web site of artist Jonathan Earl Bowser.

I really don't blame this guy for saying he was "perversely flattered and simply appalled" by the reproduction of his work.

~sky

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

© Copyright 2006 Elizabeth Costello Larson - All Rights Reserved
Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
1 posted 2006-03-13 09:48 AM

Interesting but did you notice in his first paragraph,
quote:
In the event that the New York Times removes this story from their accessible archives, I have placed a copy of the story here.)

I certainly understand his indignation at havin his work used but has he not inadvertently done the exact same thing in copying and publishing on the web the printed works of the NY Times?

Funny, the mistakes we can make when we don't thoroughly think through the consequences of our actions.

Pete

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think - Niels Bohr

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2006-03-13 04:39 PM

i had the same thought when i read it yesterday, Pete. irony abounds. :shrug:
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2006-03-13 05:24 PM

Interesting. It's a shame there is no legal or financial recourse internationally for such thefts. I would personally be outraged if something I had created was stolen and used in such a manner.  
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
4 posted 2006-03-13 07:05 PM

Actually, I did notice that and wondered if it was ok for him to do so. And yes Midnitesun, if that was MY work used in that way he's have to worry about me coming after him, and forget about Bush! lol

~sky

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Interesting story about copyrighted images

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary