navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Fire Update
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fire Update Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho

0 posted 2006-03-10 04:41 AM

Dear Passion Friends

We're still recovering from the house fire in mid Dec. Nerves are still pretty well shot, you know, the scramble of getting disabled children out, family photo albums, back up computer disc, not to mention the feeling of our home being invaded, ect. I know, at least we have a home; but something sure does feel strange about it. Can’t get no one out to do any work yet, but it’s just as well, I’m still recovering. Still got snow on the ground and another 6 inches fell in what is now yesterday. I hate having my future cut out for me if you know what I mean, the thought of more people makes me sick. Looking at the mess makes me sick. Not being able to find things, and the heating bills from a wall that burnt and a ceiling tore into the attic, and the cooking in a freezing kitchen. You know, I was never able to write down so many distasteful things but I right now I could write a book full ...well, I won’t get into any more........................ just yet..!

you’re still the “best friends, best finds”  Dale

Speaking of ghosts, wouldn't you know here comes mine again...
~Rosemary J. Gwaltney~

© Copyright 2006 Dale W. Gwaltney - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2006-03-10 06:04 AM

May you continue to get the house and your lives back in order. What a horrendous ordeal you and your family have been going through. I cannot adequately express how much compassion I feel for you all.

Love & Light & lots of warm, caring hugs,
EA

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-03-10 09:57 AM

Our thoughts and prayers have been ... and still are with you all as you wend your way back to NORMAL~

Sending you hopes of an early Spring arrival to brighten your day~

*Huglets* to you, Rosemary and those precious children~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -   noles1@totcon.com

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
3 posted 2006-03-10 11:03 AM

Dale,
Sorry to hear of all your misfortune. Know that you and Rosemary are always in my prayers even though I'm not on the site much these days, I don't forget my dear friends here
Hugs
Ruth

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
4 posted 2006-03-10 01:41 PM

Dale

What an ordeal!!  I burned down my kitchen once making popcorn.  So, I know a little of what you mean.  I hope you are able to get your house back to the point where you feel peacefull easy feelings there, soon!!  

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
5 posted 2006-03-10 05:13 PM

How strange this is!  A home 2 doors from us caught fire in Oct. when they decided to have friends over and build a fire in the fireplace.  The firemen were all over the place at dinnertime, chopping holes in their newly done roof.  Contractors are still there, having worked throughout our extremely mild winter.  I think of you, seeing this and just went back to the site to see if there was any word from you.  Then this post of yours came on.

Spring is on the way and I'm so happy you survived the winter even though it left a lot of comforts to be desired.

God bless you all..

Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Fire Update

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary