navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Please Read
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please Read Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown

0 posted 2005-11-09 08:19 PM

A friend left this message in my offline yahoo messenger box. Does anyone know anything about this?

"I haven't been able to verify the validity of this potential threat...but am sending it on JUST IN CASE.. dancingwolf51 (11/8/2005 2:56:27 PM): Someone by name of Vivekabarathi@yahoo.com may request to add you to messenger. don’t accept it. Its a virus. Tell everyone on your bulletin because if somebody on your list adds them, you get the virus too. Tell everyone on your list not to open anything from Vivekabarathi. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. pass this letter to everyone on your IM list.. . Right click on the group name of your IM list and click Send Message to all"

© Copyright 2005 Sue Graves - All Rights Reserved
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
1 posted 2005-11-09 08:24 PM

Thanks for the warning, SmartChick!  I'll be careful.   ....jo
vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
2 posted 2005-11-09 09:16 PM

It appears that this is one of many hoaxes out there...

From the Symantec Web site...
YIM Hard drive killer Hoax

Hope that helps...

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
3 posted 2005-11-09 09:22 PM

Thank you, both, for reading and replying.

Vicky, thank you for the link. I sent it to a friend who sent it to me, so she can read it.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Please Read

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary