navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Defenders of Peace is Open!
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Defenders of Peace is Open! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2005-03-03 05:01 PM

http://defenderofpeace.htmlplanet.com/index.html

I'm happy to announce the grand opening of a new poetry/discussion site in which I am co-moderating!

With the growth of the poetic community on the original forum of Defenders of Peace, a new web-site has been launched which includes journals, blogs, guest book, photo gallery, and a range of forums dedicated to discussing the issues and concerns of the peace movement.

For those who share the opinions I express, the door is always open for all of you to express yourselves and to add your voice. For those who don't quite agree or disagree with these views, you're always welcome as well to come, read, ask questions, etc. and be educated of where we stand and the issues we take to heart.

I hope to see some of your wonderful familiar faces here!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2005 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2005-03-03 07:05 PM

cool beans Noah...I will have to check it out...
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2005-03-03 09:10 PM

Awwwwwww, thanks for your kind word, Susan! (angel friendship hugs)

I know sometimes we tend to disagree when we speak of certain issues, nevertheless you are enjoyable to talk with and you have always been a wonderful friend to me!

Indeed this site is politically-motivated somewhat, and I do confess it leans more liberal progressive-friendly, since, naturally, the left is the side on the spectrum in opposition to an aggressive foreign policy while the right, generally speaking, does agree with or support an aggressive foreign policy. I just believe I should be honest here in understanding where me and a bulk of the staff is on the spectrum. Then again, many issues related to peace really shouldn't be treated as political either, and we do a lot of that too. They should just be issues and talked about socially without that type of element.

But, truly, we welcome all visitors and encourage their input, and one promise I can make is I won't censor anything that I may not necessarily agree with. I ask those who may not fully agree to keep in mind this is a non-violence and pro-peace forum and ask to be peaceful and tolerant to the community in sharing their word.

Thank you, dearest friend!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2005-03-03 09:51 PM

that's cool Noah...
don't worry, I don't really like getting into the political stuff too much. I would go with an open mind, just to check it out hon. you are a sweet sweet guy and it's ok that we don't agree on some things, doesn't change my feelings for you...those things are totally seperate.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2005-03-04 09:39 AM

Hi, my busy sweet angel friend! I checked out the site and it is laid out beautifully. The John Lennon song really added to the ambiance. It appears to be a wonderful home for people to speak their minds and to listen to the voices of others.

It is the perfect forum for you, dear activist! lol You care ~ and you share!

Love you!
Your friend,
Linda

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
5 posted 2005-03-04 10:18 AM

The site is wonderful Noah! I am going back to visit whenever I have the time. You certainly are one busy young man! Good for you. hugs, Chris
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Defenders of Peace is Open!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary