navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Poetic Fraud
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poetic Fraud Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jlocke
since 2000-09-10
Posts 169
CC,TX

0 posted 2005-01-06 03:49 PM

the poetry contest listed on the main page is a fraud. any combination of letters-doesn't even have to be words-entered will win a place in there book. this company works under many different names. there are no two copies of books, if you purchase, that will be the same.  and u will be asked for much more money as time goes on. research and you will find many horrible stories.  

© Copyright 2005 Jeremy Locke Culberth - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2005-01-06 05:38 PM

What poetry contest?  Could you be more specific?  I just checked the Passions in Poetry main site at http://netpoets.com - and the forum main page at http://piptalk.com - I found no poetry contest on either page.  Did I miss something?

If you're referring to the PiPtalk page and the listings therein, those are generated elsewhere - But - I still see no poetry contest on that list...

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-01-06 06:02 PM

/

Today's Poetry Headlines

Poetry Contest...
Ad - www.poetryamerica.com

This may be the one to which jlocke intimates...

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2005-01-06 06:06 PM

I'm assuming http://www.poetry.com/

There's been some discussions on this before. They basically send out that confirmation message to all subscribers in that your poetry will be put in an anthology of theirs.

I've never bought an anthology of theirs, as I have found their price exceeds the average poetry publication by a 6 to 1 margin.

It's a shame because everyone deserves to have their voice heard and really have an authentic sense of appreciation for it. But that contest is just a scam, and business is their first agenda always it seems.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2005-01-06 06:09 PM

Sunshine's link may be the one he's referring to I think.

Both Poetry America and poetry.com don't bring justice to the true meaning of the living word though.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
5 posted 2005-01-06 09:19 PM

Yeah, when you first hit the piptalk welcome screen, there's a list of links.  First up is the poetry scam one under Today's Poetry Headlines.  That is to what jlocke was referring.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Poetic Fraud

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary