navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » 180 11th Hour: Bring An End To Campus Profitability From Suffering
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic 180 11th Hour: Bring An End To Campus Profitability From Suffering Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2004-03-09 11:14 PM

http://www.18011.org/about.html

Some of you have read my poem, now you can take action to end the gaining of black money from sweatshop and environmental degradation.

Being a co-manager of this new campus movement, we hope to follow the lead of our brave liberating predecessors who fueled WAAKE-UP (World Awareness and Action Coalition of Equal United Progressives), which today we carry on their banner, badged with the insignia they inspired and their motto, "Action without Awareness is ignorant. Awareness without Action is immoral," We continue to breathe and believe these very words and hope in promulgating to as many as possible, together we can encourage all universities to invest from ethical companies free of war profiting, environmental degradation, slave labor and other corporations that violate or disrupt the civil rights of others or the Earth we walk and breathe upon.

Let this be known this is not about the left and the right, it's all about the top and the bottom. The top 1% wealthiest in the world control almost half the world's wealth, with the top 5% controlling 95% of it. Please don't let 1984 become a reality, where our teachers are treated like tools, tomorrow's students like vendibles, and schools and universities like manufacturing warehouses sticking to the guidelines and operating by prototypes and assembly lines. Let the wealth be shared to the children of tomorrow!

Help our referendum commence and spread the word! All support is good support!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

© Copyright 2004 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2004-03-10 06:06 PM

I think this is a noble initiative dear Noah.
Wishing you success in this campaign.
Love, Margherita

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2004-03-14 06:30 AM

I only invest in companies that do not take unfair advantage of men, women, children, or animals and who are responsible to our environment. I am but one small voice, but together we can roar!

You are making this world a better place, Dear Angel Boy!

Love ya!
EA

craigt
since 2006-08-26
Posts 1

3 posted 2006-08-26 02:46 AM

Hey, I'm glad to hear you were involved in 180 at 11, and that you had heard about WAAKE-UP!

I found your post when I was researching to WAAKE-UP! wikipedia article.  It's at the link below if you want to read it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAAKE-UP!

It will work with or with out the '!'.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » 180 11th Hour: Bring An End To Campus Profitability From Suffering

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary