navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Martie - Marge
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Martie - Marge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho

0 posted 2007-10-22 02:15 AM

Martie - Marge

Alright, alright..! So I haven’t written ya in a while. U know I deserve it, I’m such a lousy disgrace. I’m guilty, can’t you see, it’s writen all over my face. Sorry Sis. I’m all out of excuses. Well, so much for getting right into the soup.

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to take a walk over a road I had already traveled. Dawn the ‘ol blue denim’s, check the locals, see what’s going down, take a minute, take a picture, take a walk, talk to who ever so to speak, feel the sand, feel the park, feel alive again. I mean I can remember when things were “far out and out of sight.” I can’t believe I really used to say that..!

I got ta tell ya, normally I’d say to my friends, yer not gonna believe this, but I know you’ve written just about everything and covered every topic in-between so it wouldn’t be coming as any surprise to you that in this last year I decided to do just that..! I put down the pen and picked up a gun. No, No, I mean axe, lol..! Really, I picked up my guitar.

Am I getting senile..? Have I been here long, maybe before..? Because I thought it took me by surprise and I know this is the very same carousel. I always ride the same one you know. But what year was that; could’ve sworn it was the day before yesterday... What exactly had been lost between 29 and 59..?

The ‘ol hands move with a lot more precision than they did when I younger however I did notice it was noticeably slower. Subsequently this old world continues to soar in many directions. Ordinarily I’d say this was good but honestly I can’t say we’re all heading upwards.

Saw Patty Duke (Anna Marie Duke) at the Wally World Mall, (yea, they even have one here) wanted to tell her I saw “The Miracle Worker” back whenever, but all I could see was how years had changed us. When I looked in the mirror that night I thought we both needed a miracle.

It was only the other day my neighbor said; “Boy Dale, you sure are Old School...” I wondered how school could have possibly changed that much in twenty years. Makes me wonder what my kids have learned in school.

Listen, I’ll have to sit down and write ya a nice long letter soon as I get the rest of this stuff picked up around here. Snows a comin’ and I'm behind and workin' over time. You know I hate to promise but I will for ya all. As always love & prayers.

best friends best finds, Dale

Speaking of ghosts, wouldn't you know here comes mine again...
~Rosemary J. Gwaltney~

© Copyright 2007 Dale W. Gwaltney - All Rights Reserved
lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
1 posted 2007-10-22 07:09 AM

Martie,
Hi ya sis... It was nice to see your RE: on
one of my poems. I'm praying that means
everything is going well. Praying for Taylor too.

Much love, Dale

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2007-10-22 09:16 AM

Awwwwwwwwww ... how lucky MartieSis and I are to have your friendship~

Keep walking the good road dear friend~

I'm saving this .... it is just wonderful to know that the years are good to you~

OH yeah .... my email is the SAME !
Try it ... it still works !!

*Huglets* to your whole crew~
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -     noles1@totcon.com   

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2007-10-22 09:31 AM

Hi Dale........yep, my emails the same too.  I tried writing to you several times....seems like years ago...maybe yours isn't the same?  It is really good to see your name here, anyhow.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Martie - Marge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary