navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Murder by Numbers
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Murder by Numbers Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl

0 posted 2002-05-14 12:09 PM

Murder by Numbers, anyone seen it yet?
I saw it last night, and it wasn't bad...kind of interesting. Just to all who think Leonardo Dicaprio is in it, it's not him...it's a very cheesy look alike. He kind of irks me too, like HELLO, get your own identity. hehe

Anyway, yeah, anyone like the movie?

© Copyright 2002 Jennifer Parker - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-05-14 12:58 PM

I saw it and liked it, but thought Sandra Bullock's aggressive behavior with Ben Chaplin was a bit much.

I liked both young actors - they did a great job. The one who had a sexual tension thing with Ms. Bullock is a good actor too...

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
2 posted 2002-05-14 01:00 PM

Yeah, I think that was Ryan Gosling...quite a looker that one. Good actor as well. They made Sandra a little much, I agree. But I think that was just to show how her past had affected her.

Why is it that we are at our most ingenius only when trying to destroy the things that keep us alive and thriving?

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
3 posted 2002-05-15 02:09 AM

Although I like Sandra Bullock, I heard some very, very poors reviews, so I decided if I was going to see it, I'd wait till it's on video, or TNT.

I'm looking foward to "Sum of All Fears" and "Insomnia." There's another one I'm interested in.... can't think of it at the moment.

Sincerely,
Titus

Every second that passes you are one second older. You'll never get that second back.

NapalmsConstantlyConfused
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 529

4 posted 2002-05-15 05:40 PM

my problem with "MBN" was that they had a fairly good premise to the movie, but instead of pursuing that, they kept tossing in flashbacks of domestic violence and whatnot - sandra bullock's character's past - which would have been alright if it had turned out to have anything whatsoever to do with the story, but it didn't; they merely used it as a time filler to make the movie 30 minutes longer.

if they would have just taken that out and left the main plot alone, it would have been a much better movie.

as for me:
Spider-Man == Comic Book Goodness

Episode 2 == Not getting a dime from me. i will see it if someone else pays.

Signs == THIS is the movie i'm looking forward to this year. hopefully the director of Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense will be able to keep me interested this time, too.

Jason X == i am going to see this movie for humor value - it being the tenth movie in the series, there IS NO POSSIBLE WAY it could actually be good.

heh.
-Dave

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Murder by Numbers

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary