navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Thanks and I give up
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thanks and I give up Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Apachecat906
since 2001-09-04
Posts 217
Michigan, USA

0 posted 2002-01-03 01:50 PM

I give up, I give in
Poetry brings on too many emotions.  And Im flooded and floored and I am will I know I don't know most of you, and you don't know me, but I read at least once a day (weekdays anyway) and I want to write, but the words don't come.  I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for sharing all your feelings with me, your lovely muses have kept me busy, but I can't take it all in anymore and I don't know how to contribute to this site.  I wish I knew what to do with myself instead of blabbing to bunches of people who have better things to do, so I apologize.  Good luck to all of you, you are beautiful people.  

Carrie

© Copyright 2002 Carrie A. Mead - All Rights Reserved
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
1 posted 2002-01-03 02:26 PM

you can't give up... you know why? you are a Poet!! believe me, i know because i've read you and just a few moments ago you posted a very unique, intriguing, creative response to my thread here in the lounge where i was just ranting back and forth with myself with one comment from the serene-one and one from you and yours was really great! not to mention all the others i've read from you. you are a writer and a lover of literature writers have no choice in the matter... you will write... lovers of literature have no choice... you will read!!

here's what i'm trying to say...

oh geezzzz do i ever know how poetry can bring on the emotions....  "flooded and floored"... WOW!  that's exactly perfectly stated, Carrie.... it does it to me all the time

y'know? sometimes i think it's a good thing when a Poet gets to a point like this, a little oversaturated, overwhelmed... you know why? because if you pull away, take a break from writing and reading... especially from the computer, that's really important... but if you do that, if you step away for a day or two or a week or a month or whatever it takes, i truly believe that following the oversaturation will come a pouring out of creativity which will amaze you...

none of us have "better things to do" than to do what we love and since we're here, i would say that we love being here... and since you've been here for quite a while yourself, i'm sure you love it too, but (are you ready for this).... sometimes... sometimes we get oversaturated with the things we love.... love can be too much sometimes and believe me... following the oversaturation point will come a flooding of creative writing and energy...

it's an impasse we all come to, i think... it's like an evolution of sorts... moving into a new realm of writing

don't go far... come back... see you soon... floor us with your heart in verse!!! i'll look forward to it!  

[This message has been edited by doreen peri (01-03-2002 02:28 PM).]

Apachecat906
since 2001-09-04
Posts 217
Michigan, USA
2 posted 2002-01-03 04:15 PM

Thanks Doreen.  I guess that's exactly what it is...what you said makes complete sense to me, but its not just writing and thinking about writing because that is something I've always wanted to try, but its life and love in general that is just too much right now. I've been trying to use this site to get away from it but it doesn't seem to help.  I appreciate your response, I think I just need what you said, some time away from everything...thank you for your encouragement. I'm sure I'm not going far, I just needed to vent with the hope of gaining some focus on what is really bothering me.  You guys are all so great, I really enjoy it here.  Maybe some good will come soon.
RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
3 posted 2002-01-03 04:57 PM

Oh I know EXACTLY what you are saying. I have felt this way many times. You can't give up though, you can slow down but never give up. I come on here and read lots of poems and usually I find something that inspires me! (Hugs) Maybe you can go into the poetry challenge forum, marge and poet DeVine are giving challenges, maybe that will get you writing! Best Wishes to you.

RP

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

4 posted 2002-01-03 06:23 PM

Carrie, no many of us don't know the other person.  You're are reading a woman who has wanted to "give up" and just go away for about oh, a thousand times during the last year.  I didn't.  Why?  Does it bring out emotions?  Oh, you'd better believe it.
But what happens to those emotions if they are not "brought out?"  If you do not express yourself in some form and in our form, well, it's our writing.

If you do not express yourself you slowly begin to die.  You may not look like it, you walk, talk, function, move around but inside you are slowy dying.  I know because I had been dead for years.  I never lived because I was afraid that something I would say, do or write would be taken the wrong way, misunderstood, not helpful or whatever and so I did and said nothing.  I contributed to nothing, I raised three children, kept a house spotless, did everything I was supposed to do but ME, myself, had nothing, no fulfillment at all.  I had absolutely nothing I could call my own.

Until I wrote something.  And once I did that, it was fuel.  It was and is fuel.

Sometimes that fuel burns down and we need to step back, funny thing, that hasn't happened to me yet.  I keep thinking it does, tell myself it does, believe it should, I sure have enough reason to fall apart and just "give up"  I should have faded away a long time ago but I'm still here.

I hope you will be too.

Refresh yourself.  Don't do what I've done and drive yourself until you are half-dead.
That's not good either, believe me I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

I did it because I was afraid of being imprisoned again in a tomb of dead stone where no one heard me and I knew, I knew that if once that happened I may not have the strength to pull myself out.

But above all, take care of yourself.

Any poem and any reply is a contribution to this or any other forum.  Just the time you spend to let someone know means a lot.  You have no idea how happy it makes me if someone gets something out of a poem I wrote.
I don't mean competition, or a popularity contest, if someone doesn't like or want to read me, that's fine!  I mean writing something to make someone feel alive.

Cause we are and we should live it to the fullest.  

Take care and stay strong.

My perception of truth will somehow never quite be the same..and so I write.

Apachecat906
since 2001-09-04
Posts 217
Michigan, USA
5 posted 2002-01-04 10:49 AM

Thanks RosePetal and Irish Rose. It means a lot that you would bother to answer.  I know I'll be alright because I have a baby and one on the way to worry about and I guess this is what life is all about, but some days I'm not even sure if I know who I am.  Well, anyways, I'll pull it together and get on with things, especially with support from friends.   I Do appreciate it.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Thanks and I give up

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary