navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I am confuseddd...... yes I need help again..LOL
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic I am confuseddd...... yes I need help again..LOL Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA

0 posted 2002-01-02 12:19 PM

Ok...... I don't know if this should be here. Probably not.  But I'm here anyway..lol

In my past couple of posts the font I chose do     not show up.  In my latest post..( Lessons Learned in Open 18).. I wanted Century Gothic... so I put

font face="Century Gothic" ( in <> of course)

just as I do every other time... and it didn't work.. I have Comic Sans as my font ...  It always worked in the past for me.. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong..??? Is it me.. or is it a mistake in Passions??  I want my fonts back..! lol.  

Thank you ... if you take time to read this  

- The very confused Tara

"My heart is like an open book, for the whole world to read"
     - Motley Crue, Home Sweet Home

[This message has been edited by rosepetals25 (01-02-2002 12:22 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Tara Baldridge - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2002-01-02 12:55 PM

When you use an HTML font tag, you are suggesting which font you would like the visitor's browser to use. The fonts aren't loaded across the Internet, but have to ALREADY exist on your machine. Otherwise, the browser will ignore the request. Almost every computer comes with a few standard fonts, but most of the ones you have on your computer were probably loaded by an application like MS Word or PhotoShop. The end result is that, other than the few standards, just about everyone has a different selection of fonts available. That's why our posting page has only a few selections. When you type in your own, like Century Gothic, you are "hoping" others have it, too. Not everyone will.

If you're typing in the font tag for Century Gothic and not seeing it, one of two things are happening. Either you're not getting the name right (it has to be exact), or you computer just doesn't have that font available.

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
2 posted 2002-01-02 03:13 PM

Ohhhh i see! I was wondering that too Tara, you are not alone, hehe.
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
3 posted 2002-01-02 05:14 PM

Ron  Thank you for your help I know my computer has it... I didn't think of other people's though.  What can I say, I'm selfish LOL.  I thought I did type it correctly, but of course with my typing skills... I could be wrong hehe.  I will try again with my next poem.. and hopefully it will work out better for me.  Thanks again

And Joanna.. good I wasn't alone

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
4 posted 2002-01-02 05:17 PM

I have a question..... that has nothing to do with my previous ones...LOL.

Ron.. do you ever have time to actually READ any of the poems???  You are always helping people and site.. do you get to enjoy the poetry posted?  Just curious

Of course.. I don't even know if Ron will come back to read this LOL.. but.. What the hay? *chuckles*

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2002-01-02 06:11 PM

I used to be able to read all the poetry, but that went by the wayside a long time ago. I still try to get to what I can, though. And I do read (and edit) everything submitted to the main site, so I rarely feel too deprived.

Now, finding time to WRITE poetry is whole other matter!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I am confuseddd...... yes I need help again..LOL

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary