navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Loneliness
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Loneliness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone

0 posted 2001-11-22 09:27 PM

For some reason, I feel so lonely today. No good reason. I am lucky to have a family with precious grand children to spend time with today, and a Mom and Grandma and sister, as well.
I don't know why I can't feel happy. Aside from the obvious romantic fiascos, financial problems, etc..LOL
But you know, you try to feel thankful, and the odd thing is I do. But still feel so lonely.
Babbling I guess. Anyone else feel this way?
Sanra

© Copyright 2001 Sandra - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2001-11-22 10:00 PM

Sandra, if I told you about my day, you would probably pity me. Let me just say that the feelings you're having are natural. This year has been hard for everyone.

If we aren't truly happy in our heart, even being with loved ones won't help. I used to be lonely in my marriage - even with my husband there. I'm lonely now. But it's MY choice to be alone, not someone else's. And it won't last. I hope to change it. Maybe HOPE is what you should try to feel....hope for the future. Hope that there will be someone in your life soon that is worthy of someone as special as you are....I hope so!

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

2 posted 2001-11-22 10:08 PM

Yes, Sandra, I certainly do know the feeling. My family was here for dinner, but you know how grown kids are they didn't stay long after they ate!  The rest of the day was quiet, just me and a book....and my thoughts.
Yes, I know this feeling. This has been a hard year on me too but you know the future doesn't really seem so bad.  Loneliness is an awful feeling. We don't know the future and sometimes when we're going through something
it's all we can see or feel.

But please know you are no way alone.....
you got us right?     

Kathleen

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2001-11-23 09:43 AM

Kathleen, I am SO glad that I have this place, and all of the good and loving people here. I think life would be far less tolerable without..
Sharon, yes that loneliness within a marriage is the strangest thing of all, I think. And I guess I do have hope, at least on a good day. Thanks for writing, both of you
Sandra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Loneliness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary