navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just talking, here, or really, just sharing
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just talking, here, or really, just sharing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2001-11-20 10:33 AM

Got this in the E-mail today....

liked it....

sharing....

[The author apparently goes by the name, Anonymous.  If anyone can point us in the direction of the author, that would be appreciated.]

Caller ID

Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives!  On a Saturday night several weeks ago, this pastor was working late, and decided to call his wife before he left for home.  It was about 10:00 PM, but his wife didn't answer the phone. The pastor let it ring many times.  He thought it was odd that she didn't answer, but decided to wrap up a few things and try again in a few minutes.  When he tried again she answered right away. He asked her why she hadn't answered before, and she said that it hadn't rung at their house. They brushed it off as a fluke and went on their merry ways.

The following Monday, the pastor received a call at the church office, which was the phone that he'd used that Saturday night.  

The man that he spoke with wanted to know why he'd called on Saturday night. The pastor couldn't figure out what the man was talking about. Then the man said, "It rang and rang, but I didn't answer." The pastor remembered the mishap and apologized for disturbing him, explaining that he'd intended to call his wife.

The man said, "That's OK.  Let me tell you my story.  You see, I was planning to commit suicide on Saturday night, but before I did, I prayed, 'God if you're there, and you don't want me to do this, give me a sign now.'  At that point my phone started to ring.

I looked at the caller ID, and it said, 'Almighty God.'  I was afraid to answer!" The reason why it showed on the man's caller ID that the call came from "Almighty God" is because the church that the pastor attends is called "Almighty God Tabernacle."

© Copyright 2001 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2001-11-20 11:44 AM

I love it to pieces!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen
(Kay)

Ven
since 2001-10-01
Posts 102
U.K.
2 posted 2001-11-20 06:01 PM

Thats amazing. No such thing as coincidence if you ask me  
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-11-20 07:01 PM

amazing story  

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2001-11-20 09:31 PM

This is a wonderful story...
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 2001-11-20 09:38 PM

Great story, Karilea! Thanks for sharing it!
SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
6 posted 2001-11-21 08:07 PM

I like this story. This is just wonderful.
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
7 posted 2001-11-21 09:19 PM

Wonderful story!  It seems that just when we need it most, something is there to save us.  Thanks for sharing!

*Krista Knutson*

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." -Gandhi

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
8 posted 2001-11-22 09:21 PM

Wow, that is amazing. Salvation comes in many guises.
Sandra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just talking, here, or really, just sharing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary