navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » This is your life
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic This is your life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...

0 posted 2001-06-30 06:04 AM

Ok everybody...start thinking!  
If you could wake up tomorrow and have the life
you've always wanted, what would it be like?  
Where would you live? What would you do
for a living?  Would you be married or single?
Would you have kids?  How many?  What would you
do with your spare time?  Hobbies?  Interests?
Don't hold back on this one...this is your
DREAM LIFE...THINK BIG!!!  

"...until you have read the verse on his
heart, you have not truely met the poet."
-vlraynes

© Copyright 2001 Vicky L. Raynes - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-06-30 07:37 AM

Life would be stress-free... To need answer only to my own expectations of myself would be wonderful.. I'm perfectly capable of prioritizing my own life, ya know??..

I would live in warmth...

For a living - I would write...

Marital status would totally depend upon the man I love expecting no more from me than I expect of myself...

I've got two kids - Good'ns too...   

I wouldn't have any spare time... I'd be too busy planning what not to do next....

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-06-30 10:46 AM

I'd wake up in France in some expensive hotel because that same night i'd be playing a sold out concert because i'm a part of the newest Alternative Music hit band. A band with complete artistic freedom, and one that is bound to last more than 15yrs in the spotlight. Plus I'd be known as one of the top 10 guitarists in the history of rock.

I'd have no wife or kids until i were in my early 30's. She'd support me and it'd be complete true love.

I guess that's it.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2001-06-30 11:05 AM

Welcome to deVine's dream:
Sunday, June 31 - I wake up in my flat in London. Last night I went to see a play in Covent Garden - this is my once a month trip to England so I rise early to make the most of my Sunday here. The underground stations sell out of flowers quickly on Sunday so I rush out to buy three huge bouquets to decorate my room. After walking around the city, stopping only to shop at Harrod's I then catch my flight back to the states.

I am an internationally famous author. I have apartments in London, New York, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Denver and Point Arena (California).

While writing, I spend the morning hard at work. My afternoons are spent teaching inner city kids (in whatever city I'm in at the time) how to use computers and the Internet. I set up centers in my 'home cities' so that when I'm in that area, I can volunteer and check up on the progress of the programs.

I have a significant other who also enjoys the freedom of this lifestyle. While he may not travel with me all the time, we are never far apart in our hearts. Sometimes, his need to write in peace overtakes him and he goes to his private home for a few weeks to focus.

I see my children and granbabies (when they get here) when I want - I just pack up and go. I don't worry about money - first, because it doesn't mean that much to me - second, because I know my NEXT novel will be a trillion seller (Oprah recommends them all the time!).

And in the evenings, I log onto Passions in Poetry and read.

Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida
4 posted 2001-06-30 11:20 AM

Wow Sharon, have you been following me around lately?  LOL!
But seriously, I don't know how much of mine I would want to change.  I am fortunate to be able to spend 4 to 6 hours or more a day on my writing, and have had some success with it.  I travel often and far, with or without my family and I have a loving, supportive mate who inspires and encourages me. Other than eliminating the minor irritations of everyday life, there's just not much I guess I'd change.  At least for now.  
Okay...Oprah's book club would be nice...but I have met a couple of the authors in it, does that count?

scout
since 2001-06-16
Posts 175
no place owns me
5 posted 2001-06-30 11:36 AM

I think I've asked for this so many times...  the only thing I want is to live April 1, 1997 over again, and over again, but you know I have trust in God that He'll write a better story then I could.

xscoutx
"Son of man with one blow I am about to take away from you the delight of your eyes. Yet do not lament or weep or shed any tears."-Eze.24:16

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2001-06-30 12:38 PM

LOL @ Poetdevine !

Sunday, June 31 ... now THAT is a dream !

Me ? thinking ...
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                               noles1@totcon.com             

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2001-06-30 01:11 PM

I'd be a really good doctor sent back a couple years back so I can take better care of my grandpa.

hi Sweets, Kris, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Mare

inot2B
Member Elite
since 2000-09-18
Posts 2205
Arkansas
8 posted 2001-07-01 01:45 AM

I'd be the lady who owned her own business. (Don't know what yet) You could read about me in Forbes magazine, you know the article above Bill Gates little article.
Traveling around the United States helping people, who just need a little money and someone to guide them.
Yes I'd also stop in and visit Congress and give them an ear full on the care of our Vets, elderly and poor.
If there is time in my busy life I might go ahead and write that novel thats been in the back of my mind.
It's too darn hard to train a man so I'll keep the one I've got now. No I wouldn't have children next go around!!!!

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
9 posted 2001-07-01 01:47 AM

Oh this is like my lottery fantasy....I'd buy a working farm...not working in the sense of actually making money...but working in the sense of having gardens and hayfields and livestock....probably about 100 acres...and the purpose of this farm is to give kids a safehaven to come to...runaways, abused or troubled kids with no where else to turn...someplace where they have a chance to earn respect, to feel connected, to see what being a part of a family is all about...they would be required to do chores on the farm....gardening, haying, canning, caring for stock, just whatever it would take to pull their weight...lol well anyway THATS my dream....it would be called UNICORNS KEEP
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2001-07-01 03:08 AM

Now here I was feeling like a smart "anal orifice" all night long...and now this. Hmmm....

Does it really all boil down to knowing what I want? Or is it about wanting/appreciating what I have?

If I could rewrite anything--it would be my character--not the materials of life. I would like to know how to maintain the joy of life as a constant--or at least, a NEAR constant. I would like, very much, to have so much joy of life pulsating through me that I could be an infectious fountain of virile lifeforce--

Right now? It is my most profound wish, that I could HEAL, just by saying it were so.

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
11 posted 2001-07-01 06:54 AM

Well I guess, I would love to be a really talented animator and film maker.
To have the freedom to pursue my own projects, creating animated films that connect with people, make people think in the ways that some live action films do.

I would like to live with my true love in a nice house in the country, to have enough money to have freedom and piece of mind, but not to be classified as being rich. I would love to be known as a respected poet, whose poetry will be remembered long after I am dead.

"Like Sand underneath the snow, I make you mine." Kristin Hersh

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
12 posted 2001-07-01 07:11 AM

i'd take a time warp and be a political activist/musician/writer in the 60's.

everything's fine.

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
13 posted 2001-07-01 01:10 PM

For starters my money would be in the very high million dollar bracket.  
I'd be living in Toorak, which is in Melbourne, Australia. My house would be the biggest and most expensive in the street (hey, it's a dream..lol) with facilities ranging from swimming pools to a home theatre.                  
The job would be senior partner in the most looked up to yet feared Law Firm in Australia. It'd also be internationally recognised and accepted.
On the marriage front, I'd be with a really good looking Italian man who didn't mind the long hours and was always there when needed. (live the dream *sigh*) I'd have about 4 children, two girls and two boys. The girls would be attending MacRobertson Girls and the boys would be either Scotch or Melbourne Grammer.
Spare time would be writing and lapping up the life of luxary. Either shopping (it's a habit I'll never be able to kick) or doing something with my bro. Hobbies and interests would be the same as now. Shopping, spending as much money as possible, writing, running, anything sporty really (you'd have to stay fit!), anything musical but by this time I will have a room in my house decked out in black marble with this killer grand piano.
That's all I can think of at the moment.  

Never speak disrespectfully of Society. Only people who can't get into it do that.
~ Oscar Wilde ~

[This message has been edited by anonymousfemale (edited 07-01-2001).]

Lisa
since 1999-07-08
Posts 88
Lunenburg,VT USA
14 posted 2001-07-01 02:40 PM

I would have enough money to meet my needs. I would be able to write and share it with others. I would have enough money keep my husband and child from ever worrying about money or wanting for anything. I would have a chance to talk to my mother again, and know she heard me. I would go to college and teach. I would make sure that more people were aware of how hard Paraeducactors work for the small amount of money they make. I would try to never take anything for granted again. I would live!
Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
15 posted 2001-07-01 05:30 PM

hmmmmm  my ultimate dream.     well if any of yall know me at all you would know that my place of resedance would be virginia.  and myrtle beach south carolina.  got have a place on the ocean     then i would buy a taylor acoustic guitar.  because i would need it being a professional singer songwriter and all     oh yeah have to have an apartment in downtown nashville.  and a home studio.     as far as love goes i would say i would be married with 2 kids.  harmony cheynne jaymz and pheonix arryn jaymz.  and most of all i would fix my heart.  hey i can say that this is a dream after all     oh yeah and a new computer is a must cuz i really dont know how much longer the hamsters can last in mine.  the wheels are getting rusty    well that is my dream.  but in reality just to have someone i could love and hold in my arms and call my wife would be my ultimate dream     then i would work on the rest  

The broken  

When I was a young man I vowed never to marry until I found the ideal woman. Well, I found her - but, alas, she was waiting for the perfect man. :(

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
16 posted 2001-07-01 08:54 PM

OK Well...
I'm gonna change the question the tiniest bit.  
I don't want to wake up TOMORROW and have all this stuff happening to me. This is more of a FUTURE dream life.
The FUTURE life I always wanted would be...
Me, a successful Doctor- a successful Pediatrician. As far as WHERE... I'd either live A.) In a nice, peaceful beachside house with the waves practically crashing in on my backdoor... or B.) In New York. A nice, big Penthouse Apartment with a beautiful view of the City. In the future I want to be happily married ( Of course- Who would WANT a miserable marriage?) to a successful man. A funny, sarcastic, smart mouth, witty, charming, sweet guy that loves me more than anything. I want 2 kids. I want a big Golden Retriever in the house. Maybe even 2. I want to travel. See exotic/ mysterious/ historical places. And for hobbies...I'd take up boating and horseback riding and hang out at the comedy clubs all the time.  

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
17 posted 2001-07-02 10:30 PM

Yeah Marge, I saw that too! Sharon, do you design the calendars in your dreams?

You know.....I'm pretty happy right now in my life. There are a few things I'd change, but I don't want to ruin my content mood by thinking of them.  

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
18 posted 2001-07-03 04:06 PM

Spice...horseback riding?  
snowpants
Member Elite
since 2000-09-16
Posts 2061
KS
19 posted 2001-07-04 06:51 PM

Well, that's an easy one...sorta...I would, first of all, want to be a successful songwriter, with a few books of poetry on the side.  And, since I love photography as well, my dream is to frame my writing with my scenic photos as background, and make a living selling those...that has GOT to be the coolest...hmm...let's see, I would live somewhere a bit more southern than here...the smog is killing my sinuses, slowly, but surely...that is, if the rudeness or the looney drivers don't kill me first...
well, even if I don't ever get to do any of these things, all I know is that a real goal of mine is...NOT TO WORK FOR ATTORNEYS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE...

sp  

it was love that first drew me,
it is love that will keep me here...
now I see love burning brightly
when everything else is unclear...

snowpants
Member Elite
since 2000-09-16
Posts 2061
KS
20 posted 2001-07-04 06:53 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I would like to be married, but NO kids...just my husband and I, sharing a nice cozy, NEAT, little home somewhere in the country...oh, dreams are wonderful, aren't they??  
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

21 posted 2001-07-04 06:56 PM

First of all, I'd change my personality so I'd be able to appreciate what I have now. After that, I'd take my Prince Charming to Europe to live in sin and to write!  

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
22 posted 2001-07-04 09:08 PM

I don't know, I kinda love the life I'm living now, is that alright too???

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace&naventryid=100

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
23 posted 2001-07-05 10:46 AM

Very good question!

Okay, no holding back... here goes.

I would live in a big white house in the countryside in Virginia.  It would have a wrap-around porch, with swings on it so I could sit out there, read and relax for hours.  There would be a lake nearby so I could also swim, and enjoy a sunset every now and then.  I would be a musician for a living... I would play in a nearby symphony, maybe teach lessons.  I would be married to prince charming himself... a very sweet, very good looking guy who treats me like I'm someone to cherish.  I would have kids.. maybe one or two, but in my dream life, they won't be older.  Younger than 10.  For my free time I would relax on the lake, or read, maybe take long walks in the countryside.  It would be a 100% stress free environment.  I wouldn't have to worry about anything.  My hobbies would be, obviously, music, and writing.

Welp, there ya go.  My dream life... have time before all that happens   But it's nice to think about.

--Marie

You can’t expect the roses to grow without the weeds.

PanDol
since 2000-03-11
Posts 1245
USA
24 posted 2001-07-14 06:31 PM

I do this only under the condition.... that I keep the wonderful son that I now have!  

Welcome to PanDols Dream Life......

~*Living in Colorado on a Quarter Horse ranch I wake up next to the man I love. The man that is the beat of my heart. I realize, that he is here, with me, and will be every morning.

We run away to Jamaica where we live during the winter, and work as a dive master at a  resort.

For fun I travel play as much as I can. See the world, go sailing....be free!

I help people in need as often as I can.

And at the end of the day, I fall asleep, next to the man I love, to wake up next to him once again......smiling!*~

~PanDol

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
25 posted 2001-07-17 01:43 PM

Can I have several dream lives?
The first one involves being an in demand author, who needs to travel a lot, to wonderful places, to write about them, and have someone pay me lots of money to do it.

The second involves my family and myself having nice homes on the California coast. They don't have to be mansions, but hey, if we are dreaming, well why not.

Third one, going back in time to experience life as it was in the 1890's, 1920's, and 1960's(and old enough to really participate in that last one, as I was there, just not able to participate as desired).  Going back in time for a little while, to hang with Robin Hood and his Merry Men  

I guess I can stop there, but there's lots more. And of all my dreams, I just want to keep my family safe and happy, especially the little ones. Some sort of magic power I guess is what I need. I know, I will morph into "Jeannie" at will.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » This is your life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary