navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Strange Kitty
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Strange Kitty Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

0 posted 2001-06-28 09:00 AM

~I have a pretty dumb question here, what, if anything strange does your kitty eat? (If’n
you’ve got one).

~I develop and print my own photos and my kitty, ewww, has this strange liking for the
chemicals? They’re deadly yeah?  He licks and licks the prints when they are finished and
ignores smacks on his behind to get away, just to lick and lick, how strange. (They really smell horrible and he’s driving me nuts right now with that one),...anyway, he eats dried rose petals, popcorn, spaghetti, rice, he drinks chocolate milk from my roomates glass (or coffee) and licks my feet, oh and he eats my Oscar's (fish) food, he begs for that stuff, ugh. Now I
know there have got to be some other strange kittys out there,...so if you've got one,...

(Not even sure that image is a kitty, hm).

© Copyright 2001 SpitFire - All Rights Reserved
Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
1 posted 2001-06-28 09:17 AM

It could very well be your kittie is lacking some dietary supplement.

But yes, my cat did strange things too...

never know about them aminals....[yes, I spelled it that way on porpoise!] LOL...

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2001-06-28 09:51 AM

Im sitting here lauging my butt off at this.. cuz my male cat does the same stuff...
I have two cats..a brother and sister
named Slash and Tabitha-- they are a year old now...I have had cats all my life and I have never had one be such a billy goat as Slash is...
he eats wrappers off candy..he tries to eat the gum in my purse...he goes nuts over the sticky tape seal that come on CD cases...
he loves scotch tape..he even tries to chew the ends of mini-blind slats....
and YES he licks photos..he too is attracted to whatever that is on the pics...and yes..it dont matter how many swats of "no nos" he gets he comes back for more.
his sister never does none of that...
My sister has 3 cats and her male does the same kinds of things... more billygoat habits...and its not just a  kitten thing cuz hes 12!!
(notice its always the male)   LOL J/K
both of them and my last cat Tuna man..
had a major thing for margarine...

Does anyone's cat stand on its hind legs and "dig" on the front of cabinets, doors and even pictures hanging on the wall???
Slash does that all the time...like he thinks he can dig thru a cabinet door???Or get behind the picture???
I've never had a cat dig like a dog before??

CATS RULE !!  

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
3 posted 2001-06-28 10:48 AM

Well, my girlfriend's cat, Wickett, has a serious liking for bleach. If you put bleach in your dishwater, and she smells it, when you rest she'll try to eat your fingers. Not just licking, but gnawing, all the while purring like a buzzsaw.
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

4 posted 2001-06-28 09:13 PM

Cats love sellotape (scotchtape I think to Americans?)

They love it...

I know of one cat - not one of my own - who likes EARWAX. I am not kidding.

The cat I have right now likes ANYTHING. The way she acts - you'd think she hadn't been fed for at least 2 years...

heh

K

I am a refugee of logic...insisting
on unlikely land with every step.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2001-06-28 10:03 PM

I have heard of an earwax kitty too. Not too appealing! My 2 year old boy kitty wants to eat the bags from grocery stores, the plastic ones. And whenever I trim photos, he will come from across the apartment when he hears the scissors (amazes me), to grab the pieces and try to eat them. He also cuddles on my neck and chews on my hair..
My girl kitty is far to polite for any of this, but she always wants any tomato sauce product, and will go to lengths to get it.She also tries to get a lap of any ice cream or ice pop being eaten by a human. They both will dip into your milk cup if you're not looking .
Yeah, I love cats too. My other boy kitty eats nothing weird at all, and has no bad habits except scratching on furniture. In fact he is always hesitant to eat, though he does. I found him homeless, I think he had a rough childhood.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-06-29 01:25 AM

My Cat Magic, who was with me since I was 1yr old and died when I was 16, ate Doritos and Platanutres (which is like a Puerto Rican chip that comes from cooked banana).

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
7 posted 2001-06-29 01:37 AM

Bubbles & Soap. My kitties loved bubble baths... they would sit on the edge of the tub until it was full, swiping at the bubbles the whole time, then jump in with you, eating all your bubbles, and licking the soap. Weird, I'm telling you, these cats were weird.

C

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 06-29-2001).]

JLR
since 2001-02-04
Posts 1785

8 posted 2001-06-29 03:26 AM

Well...I thought my cats were strange!  They have nothing on all of yours.  I, too, develop and print my own (b/w) photos but never had a cat want to lick them.  Maybe your pics are more delectable than mine.  I used to have a cat that loved Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts and Lay's potato chips.  I do have a cat that digs at walls and pictures, one that climbs doorframes, one that retrieves twisted up cigarertte packs and the rings that come around jugs of milk.  I have one that you can't make eye contact with or he is on you like that thing in alien.  One that adores long hair and will lie on your shoulder all night with his face in it if you'll let him.  To top it all off, I have a dog who has been raised by these cats and so he thinks he, too is a cat.  He cleans the alien cat constantly.  Sits on the back and arm of the couch (and he's not a small dog).  Here's one thing mine do that no ones mentioned yet...they wait until I'm walking and almost to them then they jump in front of me onto something, anything.  Good thing I love 'em or they'd all be Kung Po chicken by now.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

9 posted 2001-06-29 03:44 AM

My cat, Mojo? Has a fondness for Crown Royal...hmmm...but somehow? I don't find that strange.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
10 posted 2001-06-29 08:15 AM

MY PLANTS..!!!

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
11 posted 2001-06-29 09:25 AM

My first Kitty, Mittens, eats anything you can find. Ranging from junk food to pieces of string (yes string...in huge balls too). My other cat, Shah, eats the plants. He's extremely odd.  

Just because I hear voices doesn't mean I'm crazy...SHUT UP IN THERE!!!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
12 posted 2001-06-29 09:55 AM

JLR, that would be Kung Po CAT
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

13 posted 2001-06-30 10:12 AM

~Ok poets,...thanks for sharing your stories, (I just knew he couldn't be alone), anyway, he just now ate a huge beetle? eew! He's not so cute anymore, (could hear it crunching). Man! - I'm still terribly confused about the earwax thing. I can't figure out HOW the kitty gets it? Hm. I'm being serious though. Some of these things are pretty funny, some very strange,...and others a bit scary - bleach?), ow! *Peace all you cat lovers. ~A.
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
14 posted 2001-07-01 07:02 AM

We have such normal cats at home, Nicky, Lucky, and Lucy. All they get is cat food, but they have strange quirks. Lucky will dive from a window everytime a car drives past, which is quite starnge seeing as he is usually diving in the path of the moving car. Nicky with lie down purr and beg for you to stroke his tummy when you move near he often runs away. Lucy is a darling, very warm and friendly but hates to be picked up its claws out the moment her feet leave the ground.  

"Like Sand underneath the snow, I make you mine." Kristin Hersh

Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
15 posted 2001-07-01 08:14 AM

Our flame point Siamese, Doink (so named because he is constantly running into things -- his eyesight is horrible), is a "special" kitty all around ...

First off, he loves pizza ... I was on a delivery for work one day and the cat followed me to the door and then back to the truck (lured by the pizza smell I presume), then helped himself into the truck and has owned me ever since ...

His tastes run the gamut from ice cream (especially chocolate) to earwigs, and a little bit of everything in between ... he eats yogurt and drinks frappucinos (the vanilla, not the hazelnut), loves lemon pie and bananas, and will even eat green beans and potatoes so long as they have a spot of gravy on them.  Were he not so moody, I would be convinced that he was really a dog who learned how to purr ...

What's even stranger is what he doesn't like -- he won't touch milk unless it's sweetened (he loves the leftover milk from a bowl of sweetened cereal), and he regards ham, bologna, and just about any other processed meat with visible disdain.

Of course, any insect or other creeping thing that finds its way into the house is fair game for a pouncing toy and then an apperitif ....  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

16 posted 2001-07-02 11:02 PM

About 20 minutes I came across Lily happily sitting on the kitchen bench with her paws and nose embedded in my olive oil spread..(my fault - I left the lid off)

That. cat. eats. anything.

K

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
17 posted 2001-07-04 06:19 PM

Some of these are strange!!  My cat, Whiskers, loves cheese and ice cream best of all.  He'll about climb into the ice cream container to get it.  He also loves pizza.  Caught him licking the paper plate one day, sauce and all!  He'll beg and beg for meat, but refuses to eat it if he is given any.  Weird, but I love him anyway!!  

All writing comes
by the grace of God.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
18 posted 2001-07-07 02:38 PM

My friends cat like Pizza crusts, Crisps and jam sandwiches...
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
19 posted 2001-07-07 10:10 PM

Glad I came back to read all these. What characters cats are. I thought of another hilarious thing my boy kitty does. After he eats half of his food, he proceeds to try to bury it. Scratches on and on, till I take it and toss it. And my girl has taken to really eating ice cream bars. She will sit and eat the whole thing if you hold the stick for her.  

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
20 posted 2001-07-09 03:00 PM

We used to have a cat who would commit murder for a tomato.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace&naventryid=100

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
21 posted 2001-07-11 08:47 PM

Since we are exchanging strange Kitty stories....

I have two large dogs Thundar who is Alaskan Malamute/ German Shepard and Brewster (Boo) who is Siberian Husky/ German Shepard. There are best friend with their cat Teabag.

Maybe she is strange just because I gave her an anusual name but she thinks she is a dog.  When I call " OK, come see what Mom has."  BOOM!  Two dogs and a cat show up.  The cat always sits in the middle.  THey sit three in a row and patiently wait for their treat.  Cheese is all of their favourite.  I feed one at a time and have to stay sitting the whole time.  First Thundar, then Teabag, the Boo.  Teabag stays sitting all the whole time.  She nevers jumps up to see what is is or meows all the time.  She also has picked up the habit up licking my face whenever she choices.  She is extremly affection but will only lick on the lips.  She does it whenever she jumps on my lap or if she is sleeping I will pet her and just say "Kiss"  and she kisses right away.  She is terrible for stealing the bag of popcorn off your knee.  Or if your holding it, this little paw come up and whooshes pieces to the floor.  She throw enough of the floor for the dogs first and eats the rest herself.  She is very strange and has way to many weird habits to get into here.

Marina

It is a blessing to have wings for words, and passion in pen
Marina Crossley

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Strange Kitty

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary