navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Usernames
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Usernames Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2010-02-17 04:26 PM

Okay. So now and then I've come across some really creative, humorous, and odd usernames here on Pip. And first thing that comes across my mind is "How in the world did this person come up with this?" which ends with a response of "Well that's just ridiculous," or "Whoa.. Epic username dudee.. *massive praise*" Lol.

Anyway, I was wondering what was/is the meaning behind your username? Is there a story behind it or just something you thought on the spot?

© Copyright 2010 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
1 posted 2010-02-17 11:08 PM

Mine's from an anime I used to watch all the time. haha.
Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
2 posted 2010-03-04 01:59 AM

Mine comes from anagraming of a name and rhyme.  
Stitches
since 2009-11-27
Posts 159
United Kingdom
3 posted 2010-03-22 05:40 AM

Mine isn't that weird I suppose.

It's a bit nerdy too.

It's the name of one of my roleplay characters and he got that name because of his stitched lips.

Plus he was made from stitches together parts.

Metaphorically it could be inferred that stitches really are what hold everything together.

LOL  but that's crap really.

'I feel like an animal, and I don't think that I get it. But one day I'll see you around.'

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
4 posted 2010-03-22 07:14 AM

I blame my Mom!
Stitches
since 2009-11-27
Posts 159
United Kingdom
5 posted 2010-03-22 02:43 PM

CLASSIC

'I feel like an animal, and I don't think that I get it. But one day I'll see you around.'

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
6 posted 2010-03-22 10:38 PM

A boy I liked many years ago would call me Juju... or bad Juju... one of the two!!! Its a play off my name Juli.

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

N|D|N|C|Lost-Poet
since 2009-07-30
Posts 360
New Orleans
7 posted 2010-05-06 06:53 AM

N.D.N.C.

New Day, New Chapter.

Lost Poet...

Got lost on the web and here I am.

I'd like to believe I'm somewhat of a poet.

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it."

"Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles."

-Confucius

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
8 posted 2010-05-06 07:21 AM

Many years ago, an issue with a female fan required me to use a stage name so my "true" identity would remain secret and I couldn't be found using normal search methods...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
9 posted 2010-05-07 12:38 PM

I had a problem with that on youtube.

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

Ethern
since 2010-07-01
Posts 150
on a plane
10 posted 2012-12-02 09:46 AM

i created the name Ethern to mean "from the ether".

an applicable definition for "ether" at
merriam-webster.com is this:

1.) b: the upper regions of space : heavens

the name denominates a persona that hails from an extradimensional plane. It is devised to express a concept of inspiration, which is primarily necessary for me to produce a work that i would personally esteem as true art.

the word "inspiration" is derived from the root word "spirit" and is defined at merriam-webster.com as:

1.)a: a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation

b: the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions

there are many ideas about "spirit" and "spirits", and i am not qualified to confirm or deny any of them. in my opinion, the subject is relative to faith, and contrarily irrelevant to science. however, with much diligence i have formulated my personal philosophies and am convinced that the intellect, emotions, volition, conscience, imagination, and other unseen faculties in a person testify to a greater reality than is witnessed in this readily perceived material manifestation.

"spirit" is literally defined at merriam-webster.com as:

1.)an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms

2.)a supernatural being or essence:

I am not totally satisfied with those definitions, but reasonable inferrences can be made from them with some meditation.

in summation, Ethern is most literally rendered, "from heaven", but acceptable thought translations can include: "inspired one", or "inspirational one" etc.

this persona (not myself, Derrick E. Gillum, who is in no way heavenly ) is a coceptual herald of spiritual communications to the intangible faculties of a person and mediates from a platform of inspired art, ideally expressed in poetry and prose.

[This message has been edited by Ethern (12-02-2012 10:28 AM).]

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
11 posted 2013-02-14 10:56 PM

Mine is a combination of my birth month and The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
                                 Ida

Dirks
since 2013-05-17
Posts 1

12 posted 2013-05-17 03:58 PM

Mine is simple; it's my last name.  Honestly, I don't think a lot of people even know my first name
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
13 posted 2018-04-17 02:18 AM

My first name, "Bluesy", came from my love of Delta blues and the playing of it when I was in the Marines. So, its been with me a while.   "Socrateaser" is a name I created in the 70's as my CB radio handle. I joke around a lot and also philosophize when I can find an ear, so to me, 'Socrates' and "teaser" were a natural. I copyrighted the name 'Bluesy Socrateaser' in the early 80's, but have never had to defend it.  

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Usernames

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary