navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Lillies Of The Field
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lillies Of The Field Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
turtle
since 2009-01-23
Posts 548
Harbor

0 posted 2009-02-26 10:21 PM

Hi All,

I came here too late to know Marge T., but I'm beginning to see
how much she must have meant to all of you. It would also explain
this sense of mourning I feel at this site.

I've done a lot of joking around here and though innocent, it may
have been in bad taste. So here's a poem I dedicate to someone,
I'm growing to feel is a person I'd liked to have known.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lilies Of The Field

Along the fence and furrow sprung
through broken shading wield.
In rays that hang like stri'ped tongue
On lilies of the field.

When stood in hope, on stems of green.
Their essence is revealed.
Who could but linger more serene
Than lilies of the field?

With humble grace where pathways verge,
And ask of hope's concealed.
What inspiration could more urge
The lilies of the field?

They have no will to toil or spin,
Yet still their fate is sealed.
What bounty sought, or bread to win
Need lilies of the field?

Why take up thought for nourishment
When God's hand sparks the yield?
Does man need more encouragement
Than lilies of the field?

SDH

© Copyright 2009 turtle - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2009-02-27 02:51 AM

Hi Turtle,

I have been here almost three years (not long in the scheme of things at all) and I wish I had known Marge better.  I think that when someone who was here at the beginning dies they leave a huge hole.  It takes time to fill the void and, as you know, it is never really filled.

I appreciate you posting this poem - I haven't found anything you have posted to be in bad taste.  In fact, you have made me smile many times.  

PiP is much like my life - filled with emotions, beautiful people and a world that is never stagnant.

I, for one, am thrilled you are here at PiP.

Alison

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2009-02-27 03:21 AM

This is lovely.

I haven't been very vocal about the loss of our Marge--I think it's just hitting me that she's gone.

We had an unusual friendship, and I feel deeply bonded to her.

It's very difficult to come here, and feel the losses of Marge, Seymour, and so many others. But I think it is especially special that someone new, realizes our loss, and for you to acknowledge that is indeed a testimony to the bonds that we forge here at Pip.

It's hard for me to believe that I won't have my morning cup of sy--or my full moon Marge poetry.

Thank you for this. And welcome to the family.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2009-02-27 10:20 AM

Having known Marge since we both started here at PiP, I know she would have been deeply moved by this tribute. I know, turtle, that we seem to be a bit of an odd family - but we are just that, indeed, and when you've been here awhile and gotten to know some of us better than others, you too will realize that you belong right here with the rest of us, and you will come to love us for our idiosyncrasies and all that we bring with us, bag and baggage and this internal, eternal love of poetry and passion.

As I said, Marge would have been moved by this. So in her silent absence, I convey my thanks to you for not looking past our hurt, but instead, embracing it like the PiPster that you are.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2009-02-27 11:34 AM

Thank you, sir turtle - You've done Marge proud..

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2009-02-27 01:46 PM

She would have loved this tribute.  She was indeed a diamond, with many facets that is for sure.  I still can not even get hold of the fact that she is not here posting, and interacting with everyone.  She had the cutest voice on the phone, almost childlike, and I think that childlike spirit she had is what also kept her so young at heart.

By the way welcome to the family.  

Carpe' Diem,
Mysteria

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

6 posted 2009-02-27 02:18 PM

Wow, this is so lovely and such a beautiful tribute to our Marge. She would have loved it. Thanks, Turtle, for sharing it.
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
7 posted 2009-02-27 04:52 PM

lovely...those of us who have met in real know she would have been touched by this~~

M

turtle
since 2009-01-23
Posts 548
Harbor
8 posted 2009-02-27 06:08 PM

Those we touch along the way are our lillies of the field.

Just as those Marge touched along the way are her Lillies of the field....

Tears-of-Sanity
since 2007-09-05
Posts 121
Kingdom Hearts
9 posted 2009-03-02 05:11 PM

This poem is so nice.  

I didn't know that Marge had passed away =(  I have been hospitalized for around 6 months and now that I am back... I find the first friend I made on the forums gone =(

Thank you Turtle for the words, I am sure she would have liked them....

Tears of Sanity~

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
10 posted 2009-04-15 06:06 AM

thank you turtle... that was a beautiful tribute to our dear sweet Marge, gone from here but always in our hearts... I miss her warm loving hugs and beautiful, caring, encouraging replies.. you have done great work here.. welcome to our pages blue..

Tears-of-Sanity.. welcome back to us.. I hope to read some of your work soon.. I'm sorry that you had to find out that your dear friend has passed, but she will always be us in spirit..  RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2009-04-16 07:48 AM

It's always gonna feel special.

period

I guess I should dash off...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Lillies Of The Field

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary