navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Twenty-Five Random Things About You ...
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Twenty-Five Random Things About You ... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!

0 posted 2009-02-01 12:13 PM

This list of 25 random things has been circulating though my email contacts of family and friends - I thought it would be interesting to play around with a list like that here.

So, let's learn a bit more about each other.

© Copyright 2009 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
1 posted 2009-02-01 12:21 PM

1.    I love Thai food.  If given the choice of any place to go out to eat, I always choose Thai.  I can go every day of the week and never grow tired of it.  Different Thai restaurants often represent different regions of the country so the food is not the same.  But, I have my favorite restaurant and it is like going home when I go there.  They make me wonderful soups and Thai noodle dishes and curries and I make them pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies!

2.   I have no aptitude for learning foreign languages - after five years of Russian, I can say, "I have a house."  I am thinking of trying the Rosetta Stone and see if it can make me smarter.

3.   I am considering going back to school for my Masters.

4.   I don't think that I am a particularly good writer, but I am an earnest one.  I want to learn and explore words and different methods of expression.

5.   I am very private and somewhat reserved.  I also am extremely silly and love to laugh with my friends.

6.   Even though I sometimes complain about the cold, I consider myself extremely lucky to live where I do.  It's a unique place and we know we are often misunderstood -- and we really don't care.

7.   I live in blue jeans and polar fleece.

8.   I would love to have another dog.  I almost adopted a turtle the other day from the Animal Shelter.  I am not sure where I could put it though.  I have three dogs and three cats now.

9.   I love children but have no desire to have my own.

10.  I am a chicken when it comes to travel.  I really am a true Cancer and love being home in my own house.

11.  Sometimes I am very scatterbrained and drive those around me nuts.

12.  I am the baby of my family.  I would have it no other way!!!

13.  Nothing beats great sex!

14.  Nothing beats great sex!

15.  Sometimes I have a one track mind!

16.  I think Sarah Palin is an idiot.  But that doesn't mean that I like people taking mindless potshots at her.

17.  I didn't like my father but I admired his desire to learn.  He taught me a lot about loving books and poetry.  He was self-educated and one of the most brilliant people I have met.

18.  I bake great bread, bagels and English Muffins.

19.  I have had the same best friend since I was six and in the first grade.

20.  I love to dig clams and get totally packed with sand.

21.  Camping is best on frosty fall mornings when the mist is coming off the creek and I have a steaming hot cup of coffee.

22.  I was voted 'Most Dramatic & Funniest' in my High School.

23.  I don't like shopping at all.  I go to a store and find what I want, buy multiples of it and bring it home to try it on.  I am happiest shopping from catalogues.  Clothes shopping bores me.  Maybe that's because I live in blue jeans and polar fleece or maybe that is why I live in blue jeans and polar fleece.

24.   Stridant arguements make me very nervous, which is why I often don't like comedies on tv.

25.   I have a good vocabulary but am a pretty crappy speller.

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
2 posted 2009-02-01 02:04 AM

ok.. here is my list.. not sure I have 25 though!!  

1.    My most favourite food is... home cooking.. fond memories of my mommy's good wholesome meals when we were young... boring choices, but we enjoyed them!  Cauliflower cheese, chicken chow mein, stews, lots of seafood! But of course now, I do have a liking for other cultures and Thai is definitely a favourite of mine..

2.  I LOVE Languages!! but our Ali-girl does have one up on me, I speak no Russian that I know of!  I do however speak a little French, Italian & Greek.. and English when it suits me  

3.  I don't really do kitchens.... or housework... I know, I know, I need to work on that!

4.  I love to write poetry, only started when I was 16 though, and I don't have any formal training unlike our wonderful poets on here... but I am still learning and I just love reading everyone's contributions on PIP.. always have, always will..

5.   I consider myself to be a very good Capricorn.. I am outgoing and love to make new friends... people tend to like me sometimes!

6.   I am forever chasing the sun! Coming from the bottom of the South Island in New Zealand, we never saw the sun that much! Now, living in Sydney, Australia.. a good day for me is when the sun is shining..

7.   I live in corporate classic styles.. yes, I know, boring, but being a HR Manager you have to dress proper! But really, it is just the Capricorn emerging in me again...we are classic dressers!

8.   I would love to have a cat!! but my boys and my two babies (daschunds) refuse to satisfy my cravings for a kitten.. I live in hope one day!!

9.   I have a beautiful soon to be 24yr old son.. who is at this very moment travelling the world skiing!! I miss him very much...

10.  I love to travel.. or I should say... I live to travel!! I will of course be returning to my beloved Paris for 5 weeks in September - this makes me smile big time!

11.  Sometimes I don't always listen attentively to everyone's problems!

12.  I am the baby girl of my family... two older sisters and two younger brothers... I like being the middle child, I have no complexes at all...!!  hmmm.. but then again, I always seemed to get the hand me downs from my sisters!!  

13.  Nothing beats great sex! (as per Ali-girl's contribution!)

14.  Nothing beats great sex! (as per Ali-girl's contribution!)

15.  Sometimes I don't always get jokes.. ok, ok, make that nearly always!! and then the person telling it has to spend extra time just trying to explain it to me.... sometimes, I really wish I got them first up!!

16.  I think Kevin Rudd our Prime Minister of Australia is doing a good job!

17.  I loved my Father and my Mother .. I miss them both, but know they are in my heart and very close.

18.  Well, as you know, I don't do kitchens.. but today for some unexplained reason, I made peanut brownies AND choc chip cookies... my husband is still shaking his head in disbelief.. but he likes them nonetheless!

19.  I have a best friend who is going thru Chemo at the moment.. it is tough for everyone.. I continually pray for her wellbeing...

20.  I love OYSTERS!!!!!!!!

21.  Camping...hmmmmm........ ah that would be a NO for me! but as I mentioned to Ali-girl I would consider it if it came with 5 star service and a Butler!! lol

22.  I was voted 'Ms Likeable' hmm...go figure I say!!

23.  I live for RETAIL THERAPY!! I know, I know, I'm so shallow! lol

24.   I like to enjoy a glass of good Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand  

25.   I think this is a good quiz to take!!

There, I have done it!!

RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2009-02-01 02:19 AM

1. I have lived in seven decades.
2. I have a degree in Theology which I completed at the age of 28.
3. I left home at 19 and we had lived in 5 states and 20 houses and attended only two school systems.
4. My first marriage lasted 16 years and resulted in two children.
5. My second marriage has been 21 years on the way to forever.
6. Elder George Smith baptized me when I was 12 years old.
7. I was a Juvenile Probation Officer and a Child Protective Service worker years ago.
8. I drive a 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 cc motorcycle and have 82,000 miles logged so far.
9. In college I attended Pacific Union College, Union College and Walla Walla College where I graduated.
10. We had four children the oldest Larry Jr.(38) and youngest Ginger(forever 28) are mine and the middle two Vince and Chad are Nancy's but I'd like to claim them as my own.
11. My daughter died may 18, 2002 and my dad died 10 weeks later.
12. I had a heart attack and flat lined in July, 2003.
13. I lived in Arizona from 1960-64 and returned in 1998.
14. I have three grandsons.
15. I enjoy writing prose and poetry and have been published.
16. I have a secret desire to become an artist.
17. I have a pickup in my garage that I have owned since 1981 and my son learned to drive in it.
18. God dramatically changed my life January 31, 2007.
19. I am passionately in love with my wife who is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
20. I have had over 36 aunt's and uncles and have over 60 first cousins.
21. I have two younger brothers Rob & Dave.
22. I have started eight facebook group sites.
23. I am overtly Christian.
24. I believe Jesus Christ is Lord of all.
25. I just want to go home.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

divine chaos
since 2006-07-09
Posts 617
dancing 'neath the moon
4 posted 2009-02-01 10:32 AM

hmm, 25 things about me.  I figure I  better give it a shot, since Ali sent me the link to try to drag me back to the blue pages, 'cause I seem to have gotten lost for a while   Thanks Ali honey

1.   I'm a single, 37 year old mom.

2.   I have 3 half-sisters, who are 27, 23, and 17.

3.  My favorite foods are Chinese, Japanese & Mexican, the hotter the better.  

4.  I love to cook and make great lasagna.  

5.  I hate cleaning the kitchen.  Hate it with the white hot passion of 1000 burning suns.

6.  I love to write, but have had a huge mental block for months and months *pouts lots*  it's very annoying.

7.  I like to travel, but never stay away from home for long.  I love home.

8.  I have a Husky that I'd love to give to Ms. Ali, if she'd like to come and get her. (hint hint)

9.  I usually really dislike shopping, unless I have a whole day with nothing to do and the munchkin and I can just go wandering around the stores without having an agenda or a time limit to worry about.  

10.  I've had the same best friend for 26 years .. longer than 2 of my 3 sisters have been alive.   That makes me feel old.

11.  I love to putter in my flower gardens in the summer, I wish I had more puttering time.  

12.  My daughter is the very best source of free entertainment ever! She keeps me giggling, lots, and she's the center of my universe.  I don't know what I'd do without her.  

13.  I always wanted lots of kids, but only got to have one.  

14.  I don't really like arguing, unless it's playful arguing .. I can do that all day lol.

15.   I wear sandals almost all year round.  I don't like having my toes confined, so unless there is snow on the ground, I wear sandals ... even when the temperature gets down in the 20s.  The wiggly piggies must be free!

16.   I bake great cakes, cookies, candies -- My pineapple upside-down cake is to die for, from what I hear.

17.  My favorite sound in the whole world is the sound of my daughter laughing, so I have to stay young and silly so I can make her giggle for many many more years.

18.  I'm really very scatterbra.... oh hey, look, a squirrel!

19.  I'm very very clutzy sometimes *waves her crutch around*

20.  I love doing Tai Chi, but the names of the different positions crack me up. Like - Part the Wild Horse's Mane, Deflect the Monkey, or Brush Knee & Push.   We make up our own position names ... "Kick the Pantleg-Biting Dog,  Fling the Kitty, or Flailing, Flying Flamingo."  

21.  I want to learn Spanish, French, and Japanese.  I'm going to use Rosetta Stone .. yay me!

22.  I'm very emotional sometimes ... Commercials can make me cry.

23.  I like being silly.  I may grow older .. but I refuse to grow up.

24.  I have silly friends and can carry on silly conversations for hours with them.

25.  I hate the sound of a ringing phone .. so much that I leave the ringers off most of the time and just hope that I'll notice when the caller ID lights up.  

It's psychosomatic.  You need a lobotomy.  I'll get a saw
~Calvin & Hobbes

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
5 posted 2009-02-01 09:16 PM

I am loth to say "I" that many times in the same post.
Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
6 posted 2009-02-01 11:35 PM

Well, you could always leave out personal pronouns.
moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

7 posted 2009-02-02 05:45 AM

Wow, I didn't realise that that was your view on Palin Alison .

Also just to mention that in the answer immediately before you said you were a crappy speller you spelled "strident" incorrectly.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 2009-02-02 08:17 AM

Watch out for that food, Alison. The Thai restaurants just came out with a new cookbook "50 Ways to Wok Your Dog"!!!!
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
9 posted 2009-02-04 11:47 AM

1. Childhood weirdness: My name disgusted me as a child, so I changed it every week.

2. My Mrs. Beasley doll still lives with me, but she no longer talks.

3. I cried when Glen Campbell died in True Grit.

4. I tore off all the eyes of my stuffed animals so they wouldn’t see the monsters in my closet.

5. When I was 3, I rode my tricycle 2 miles down the middle of the highway to Grandmomma’s house. (the cops needed an explanation)

6. I also climbed the walls inside the narrow hallway of our first home, a trailer, and would hover there eating my pbj lunch.

7. I couldn’t bear to touch the silky pages of the bible, because the texture gave me chills, so Grandmomma gave me quilting thimble-skins to put on my fingers, and I read that way, from then on, until they changed the texture.

8. Total mishap: There’s still rocks in my hip and thigh from when I was drug down a gravel road by a horse when I was 12.

*For the youthful or young at heart.*

9. Military brat background: Always look before you throw a water balloon. MP’s are not good targets.

10. Mountain life: Don’t rock climb after a rain. (fell 20 feet and was sprayed by a skunk)

11. Suburbia: Don’t ever ever skateboard while holding on to your bud’s motorcycle seat. (unless you're covered in Rubbermaid or Kevlar)

12. Country life: Don’t ever ride a bike (with no brakes) down a steep pasture field. (cow patties are natural landmines)

13. Bayou: And don’t ride down a hill on the handlebars of your friend’s bike on shale roads. (they scar worse than plain concrete or dirt.)

14. Medical: Which means I’ve broken around 10 bones and had hamburger for skin, many times.

15. Sports: Not including the beatings I took as catcher, center, and wing.

16. Social gatherings: Oh, and Don’t ever 8 man-up on a tractor-tire inner tube for snow sledding.(Someone will land on you.)

17. Edjumacation: I managed to live long enough to graduate high school at 15.

18. Coastal: Was picked in a trial lineup for the Rockettes at 16, (but got tossed as soon as they found out how old I was.)

19. Wheels: My first car was a 1971 AMC Hornet.

20. Marital priss: Once wore a $6000 bridal gown, but not to any of my weddings.

21. Mothering: Went through 21 hours total of involuntary drug-free childbearing labor, (the military didn’t issue eps, and they were still worth it.)

22. Late stuff: Became a college grad at 40.

23. City: Conquered my fear of heights long enough to nod my head over Paris in the Eiffel Tower.

24. Village: Celebrated the 1010th anniversary of Bad Frankenhausen’s independence in Germany, 2008.

25. Rewards: Received the sweetest sugar, ever known to me, from my Grandbaby who calls me Oma G-ma. Life is so beautiful.

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
10 posted 2009-02-16 09:33 AM

Man... you see what happens when I allow my "real" life to get too busy to bring me back "home" to the Blue Pages??? Someone goes ahead and drops this in our laps..
Well, Miss Alison... here's my list:

1) I am a musician
2) I have helped to raise in excess of 100 children
3) I have traveled the Orient extensively (well, certain military parts of it)
4) My normal thoughts are considered to be strange by most people (ever think what I consider to be strange is really messed up?)
5) I am the manager for a member of the Rockabilly Hall of Fame (Johnny Stark... please check him out)
6) I currently live with my girlfriend and six kids (between us)
7) My pit bull is the dopiest creature on the planet
8) My band recently had the fire marshall shut the doors to the club we were playing (too many people through the doors)
9) I still feel that the combined intelligence of the planet remains constant while the population continues to grow
10)I am currently wearing blue jeans and a black t-shirt
11) My next major literary effort is going to be fininshed this summer
12) I still feel the Democrats have it wrong, mostly
13) The last movie I watched was This is Spinal Tap (for the- probably- 40th time)
14) I will never see 40 again
15) I am wondering why I ever decided to do this (lol)
16) I am presently putting my girlfriend through college, so she can do the same for me
17) I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way... show them all the... uh... sorry. I got a bit carried away, there (although, I do believe the first part of that)
18) The only state I have never been to is Oregon
19) Even though I support the current military conflicts, I feel war is a terrible means of population control
20) I am currently surrounded by a bevy of cute, young college girls... and wondering when the hell I ever got this old
21) My favorite beer is Zywiec (Polish import. It can be found at ILovePolishBeer.com)
22) My poetry Muse had a fight with my prose Muse, and is not speaking to me
23) My last time in the professional wrestling ring (as a ring announcer), I took three chir shots, including simultaneous ones to the front and back of my head
24) My band's name is T.BaGg and the Creamers
25) My "family" consists of 1 mother, a girlfriend, 8 kids, 3 brothers (1 mine, 2 "in-laws"), a "sister-in-law", and too many "outsiders" to count.

What would you attempt to do...if you knew you could not fail?
http://www.hubpages.com/profile/RingoShort

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2009-03-03 05:59 PM

Lessee...

In no particular order of importance:

1.  I have five shoes hanging on my bedroom wall.

2.  Which reminds me, I happen to have what appears to be an elongated mole between my middle toe on my right foot, and my index (??) toe.

3.  That mole is not actually a mole--closer examination reveals it to be actually two freckles, very close to one another.

4.  I can and do pick up things with my toes.

5.  My former bf has four nipples.

6.  My husband has two. He thinks he has four, but two of those are mine--no matter what he says.

7.  I have a cork collection.

8.  I also collect...dust.

9.  I can't dance, but I try.

10. All but two of my plants are dead.

11. I once found a carcass of a dead lizard in our sliding glass doors, and I framed him and hung him on the wall as a reminder as to what happens to those who don't get out much.

12. Michael Anderson wrote a poem about him.

13. I cut my own hair.

14. I also shave the backs of men--but only if they beg.

15. I have a windchime hanging from the ceiling fan in the livingroom.

16. That drives my family crazy, but they won't touch it. (heh-heh)

17. I snore.

18. I'm a compulsive dumpster diver, trash-browser.

19. I'm watching my neighbor's trash right now, because I couldn't help but notice that she had new furniture delivered. *grin*

20. I'm addicted to cinnamon altoids.

21. I keep the boxes.

22. I have lazy eye, and sometimes the kids get confused as to just who the heck I'm directing my consternation.

23. I'm loud.

24. In spite of a decent vocabulary, I cuss like a sailor.

25. I'm working on the bad habit of number 24...

and that's it? Oh, for "lagniappe", I am sometimes deliberately ambiguous.

ciao dawlin's!

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
12 posted 2009-03-03 06:21 PM

Karen,
we have more in common than I thought! LOL
I will email you the details this evening

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

13 posted 2009-03-03 06:24 PM

I'll bet it's the nipple thing...

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
14 posted 2009-03-03 07:25 PM

lol you'd think it was along those lines huh? Jon and I established a long time ago those are mine. LOL

check your email

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2009-03-03 09:25 PM

yanno? That's so eerie, lovie!

I truly thought I was the only one...

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
16 posted 2009-03-03 11:37 PM

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

17 posted 2009-03-03 11:49 PM

I think, pooling our resources, we could "see their 25, and raise 'em fifty!"

I'm sooooooooo totally random.

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
18 posted 2009-08-29 07:31 PM

1.  I come from sturdy stock, of Celtic origins, with some English and German ancestry.

2.  When my brother and I were little, we locked each other in the outhouse once, but Grandma called me into the house, and I forgot to let him out.

3.  We also ran away and crossed the Pendleton switch yards when I was about three.  My mom tied us to the clothes line after that.

4.  I have a sister and two brothers, one of whom grossed my children out when they were small by eating a slug!

5.  "I don't like spiders and snakes, and that ain't what it takes to love me.... like I wanna be loved by you", but I've had my share of them in my life, most of them two legged.

6.  I sleep walk and have had prophetic dreams.

7.  Things that don't belong to me often end up in my lap.  Someday, I'm going to return the gold wedding band in my jewelry box to the beach. I gave up the desire to own one long ago.  The beach misses it.  I won't.

8.  I like open spaces, but am always in some sort of box.

9.  Until recently, the no.1 box was the kitchen.  I have threatened to hang up a sign:  KITCHEN CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS; I AM SICK OF COOKING!

10. However, it's my territory, and all cleanup is left to me. I have a small decoupaged breadboard on the wall which reads:

"Thank God for dirty dishes, for they have a tale to tell,
While others may go hungry, we're still eating well.
With health and home and happiness, we surely shouldn't fuss,
For by the stack of evidence, God's been very good to us!"

11.  I'd be rich if I could market my chocolate chip cookies.  They rarely make it to the cookie jar.

12.  I adore my family, but with three grown children, six nearly grown grandchildren, and four great grandbabies, my house needs a turnstyle instead of a front door.

13.  In my house are three tv's, a stereo, three cells phones (and a land line), two dogs, and I've a neighbor whose truck has music with the bass thumping all hours.  I've adapted perfectly.  I simply lost my mind.

14.  My youngest granddaughter says I'm getting blonder by the minute.  

15.  30 years ago, I thumbed my husband in the direction of the front door when he told me if I bought a piano, he'd leave.  ...had it delivered the next day; he's still here.

16.  I sing old songs around the house, when no one is listening.  Someone once talked me into singing karaoke.

17.  I taught all my children how to drive...now they won't ride with me.

18.  One of my favorite authors is Richard Bach. I want to learn to fly...no sky diving, though.

19.  I've sewn three wedding dresses, two of which are going to become angels for my daughters this year. (They are divorced.)  It's the best I can do, in lieu of real ones, but I've put in a request for them, too...for my son as well.

20.  I learned about angels when I watched my daughter go through a ruptured brain aneurysm and surgery in 2002. She has a new birthday, February 10. Now I'm not the only off-the-wall Aquarian in the family.

21.  I'd like to learn  another language, and I want to learn spoonerism stories to tell my grandkids.  Anagramed messages fascinate me.

22.  Favorite flowers are blue bachelor buttons...a childhood memory from time spent with my grandmother.

23.  My favorite time of day is dawn before the house wakes up, when no matter what color the sky is, the seagreen surf is audible in the distance.

24.  I wish I had kept love letters from long ago.

25.  I want to be a poet when I grow up.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2009-08-30 02:58 AM

I:
1. put my family first (including the animals)
2. walk up steep hills backwards - I like confusing the drivers    
3. watch CSI reruns of rerun reruns in bed
4. love popsicles and slurpees, especially the blue ones (also in bed)
5. try to see at least two sunsets a week "in person"
6. enjoy just walking in the rain wherever my feet take me
7. could listen to children laughing all day
8. could listen to seniors stories all day
9. always dance in the rain (ask Nan)
10. LOVE shopping for bargains
11. am probably clean to a fault
12. can cook my socks off and can make a mean lasagna
13. will make you laugh
14. could talk to Serenity on the phone all day and sometimes do
15. have few friends, but good ones
16. can live on no sleep - always afraid of missing something
17. Enjoy giving to the living while I am living (did that make sense?)
18. could easily live in Boston (love that place) they can't say "r's"
19. am a night owl
20. exercise and hate it, but do it anyway
21. don't drink milk
22. eat tons of ice cream (hence #20 above)
23. am afraid to grow up or old
24. will be a friend forever no questions asked
25. like me just the way I am, and accept everyone as they are.

Bonus: 26. Oh...I have to go up in a hot air balloon with my buds one day.

Carpe' Diem Dudes and Dudettes

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
20 posted 2009-08-30 03:58 AM

Hey Alison?  Can you see them from your back door too?
quote:
2.   I have no aptitude for learning foreign languages - after five years of Russian, I can say, "I have a house."  I am thinking of trying the Rosetta Stone and see if it can make me smarter.
I haven't even mastered English, but do know dribs and drabs of this and that.  I don't have an ear for other languages either.  

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
21 posted 2009-08-30 04:13 PM

25, huh??
Well, I never figured myself to be that complicated; however, I'm willing to give this a go... again...

1) I gave up my membership in the Republican Party because both sides of the isle are too filled with mindless, egotistical, power-hungry morons.
2) I am still attempting to finish the first draft of my next novel.
3) Every so often, I get the urge to restart my musical career (however, I lay down, and the urge soon passes)
4) People who treat children as equals irritate me (they are to be treated with respect; however, they are not adults.)
5) I sleep far to little for my own health.
6) I will be opening the doors to my new business by the end of the year.
7) I recently took delivery of my new car
8) My hair is getting too grey for my own likes (although, my girlfriend loves it)
9) My eyes are getting to the stage where my arms are just not quite long enough.
10) Although, his books are very similar in nature, W.E.B. Griffin is one of my favorite novelists. I am currently re-reading his series, The Corps.
11) I am struggling to come up with 25 items (the way my brain is, I am happy to have made it this far  lol)
12) I remember Kennedy being killed, but I don't remember Kennedy being killed
13) I am currently renovating my house
14) As soon as I finish putting my girlfriend through college, and she is making enough to support the family, I am going to get my double degree in History and Secondary Education, on my path to being a history teacher.
15) My paranormal research group has an investigation coming up that is going to take almost a month to complete.
16) I was able to find copies of the original 1974 3-book set of D&D rules, and all 4 of the suppliments just a couple of weeks ago, and got them for a VERY decent investment.
17) Having made the decision to actually take a Sunday off (for once), it is almost 4:00 pm, and I am still on my "choking hazard" sleep pants, slippers, and my robe. The robe was actually inherited from my father 11 years ago, and he bought it about 10 years before that, and it is still in decent shape.
18) I am watching a TV show about the ghosts of the Gettysburg battlefield while I am doing this.
19) I have just made the command decision that I am- still being in my morning clothes- going to make a "breakfast dinner" complete with eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuits with sausage gravy, and alka-seltzer. Oh, and let's not forget the coffee.
20) I have, quite possibly, the world's most worthless pit bulls. He doesn't bark at anyone (except me, of course), he is happiest when he is surrounded by kids, he is a complete and total goof ball, he is trained as a therapy dog, and he would love to be allowed to become a "lap" dog. Of course, I would never trade him for anything. As a matter of fact, the local township council was attempting to enact breed-specific legislation, and I was able to present the case against it with Gunny's help, and a few facts that the mayor didn't want to have made public.
21) I am going to see "Je-fa-fa" in just a couple of days (6th row, center)
22) I am atoning for ALL of my sins, both past, present, and future by taking my mother to see Johnny Mathis at the local theater venue... and by listening to her sing every song the man has ever recorded as often as she possibly can.
23) I, unfortunately, called the current political situation almost a year ago.
24) Although, I am a completely qualified and experienced professional wrestling manager, with too many injuries and hair shots to hte head to remember, I recently started additional training by pro-wrestling hall of famer Johnny Rodz's #1 boy. For those who are not familiar, names like Tommy Dreamer, Taz, The Muskateer, Juan Jeremy, and Devon Dudley are just a few of the names to come out of Johnny's stable.
25) I am finally done with this questionnaire.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
22 posted 2009-08-31 08:36 PM

1. my friends are my family, and they mean the world to me

2. i secretly love to go and try on dresses because they make me feel special, but when i'm around people, i hate them...lol

3. i love to read. i once read over a thousand pages in one week

4. i only eat mcdonalds like...2 times a year, not even kidding.

5. partying with my friends = life. i don't know if i'd make it through the week without having a party on the weekend with my friends...

6. i'm really screwed up. like, not even kidding, i have some many problems

7. i've been to 38/50 USA states, before the age of 12, right now at age 15...i've been to 45.

8. i love babysitting, except sometimes i lie and say i hate it so i don't look like the only one who enjoys it, lol.

9. um, if you ever give me a flower, i'll hug you. flowers are one of my favorite things to recieve from people because as a kid/teenager, we don't get them much. but when i get one, i feel on top of the world, and my favorite on is a gerbera diasy. (thank you tracey!!!!)

10. i don't know what i'd do without my iPod or camera, they keep me going through the day, lol...which leads me to my next 2 facts...

11. everytime i see something weird/random/beautiful/sad/scary/etc. i take a picture of it. on our old computer (before it crashed) i had over a couple thousand pictures...all taken from only 1 memory card.

12. i have a very weird taste in music, but i don't mind. f you ask me if i like the latest song by...lets say Lady Gaga or the Pussycat Dolls, i won't really even know who you're talking about. i love instramental rock and other kinds like that. my music on my ipod is mostly stuff with strings in it, at least half.

13. apparently i'm part english...i take that pretty seriously, because i've always wanted to be from europe/britan, lol

14. have you noticed how none of these things have had nothing to do with baking/cooking yet? surprising huh..?
so heres one, lol. the kitchen is my life, don't know what i'd do without it.

15. i can't stand it when the kitchen sink is dirty or has something in it. we have a black sink, so its really noticiable when its not smooth and clean, so i always clean the sink and make it look perfect. i can't help it anymore.

16. i'm really stupid when it comes to school, i just pretend to be good at it and i get lucky almost everytime. its kinda scary.

17. when i was little, i thought that turantulas were as big as bears...

18. the ocean is my safe haven. i've only been there like...2 or 3 times, but when i'm angry or mad or sad or anything like that, i think of the ocean and how beautiful it is, and it helps a bit.

19. when i was 9 my uncle rick died. he was like my second dad. and when that happened, its like my whole life was ripped up from underneith me and thrown away...i was furious for such a long time...and sometimes still am. but i know he's in a better place now.

20. when my aunt got engaged again, i refused to talk anything about it, and inside it was killing me. i hated it for so long, but i learned to get over it and move on, but i still can't call him uncle...and i can't help it, so don't get mad at me like lots of other people do.

21. i love to sing. i personally think i suck because people give me "pitty" compliments (or so i think), and sometimes i think i'm good, but then that goes away really quickly.

22. i'm weird. like, really weird. i love wearing clashing colors and mix-matching things. not to mention my make-up collection is huge, 10 different colors of eyeliner and a couple different palets of eyeshadow.

23. i love to watch movies with my mom, its really fun and sometimes awkword, but thats okay. i'm doing it now, but thats why i love it, because we can be doing different things but still in the same room with the same backround noise...

24. i have a deep dark secret that no one will ever find out (except the few people i've told) because its a part of me now, and that parts not going anywhere.

25. because of that secret, i grew really far away from God for a while, and i hated it. but after that i feel closer than ever now, and thats what makes everything better on my bad days.

julianna

.:.:~]you clicked your heals and wished for me[~:.:.

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
23 posted 2009-09-01 01:23 AM

Julianna

I have enjoyed all of these, but I think yours is the most special to me.  Thank you for sharing with us.

Alison

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
24 posted 2009-09-01 01:25 AM

Hey Sharon,

I can see Siberia from my outhouse.  Does that count?

A

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
25 posted 2009-09-04 02:40 PM

1) In college, I was brilliant at excelling academically with minimal effort. A majority of the time I barely even touched the textbooks for my classes (only when I was emotionally driven to or really enjoyed the class did I decide to read the texts) and also didn't attend many of my classes, both when I attended the University of Colorado at Boulder and when I transferred to Portland State University. I simply left class early after the professor took attendance, because often class sizes are fairly large, in my experience, and how is the professor going to know who's there and who isn't if he/she didn't make earnest efforts memorizing everyone's name? I primarily relied on my well-developed, intuitive writing skills to get by in my classes and earn A's and B's, where I basically 1) leafed through the key chapters addressed on the syllabus, 2) chose random quotations that I sensed had a more all-encompassing or universal appeal, 3) reading around those quotations briefly to get a sense of synopsis from the text, and 4) write an essay based on what I found.

But I never felt emotionally engaged in college, and in Boulder especially I simply wanted to go on long walks. I recall leaving every one of my American History classes early after taking the quiz that opened each class, where I'd walk alongside the Norlin Quadrangle from Eaton Humanities where I had that class toward Old Main, walk across Varsity Lake to the north of it, and then either head north alongside Broadway toward the Pearl Street Mall (I loved eating at bd's Mongolian Grill there, where I often stopped for lunch) take a nice scenic walk along Boulder Creek by taking 17th Avenue over to the trail and then stopping for tea at the Dushanbe Teahouse after that nice saunter, or sometimes even head east past Folsom Field to Folsom Street, and walked north through the commercial district. So much of the poetry I wrote then was inspired from my walks in Boulder, especially the sight of buskers on Pearl Street Mall and the colorful surroundings along Boulder Creek.

As with Portland State University, I often chose to walk toward Goose Hollow, or up in the scenic hillsides surrounding Portland State University to the north and west of the campus. Just south of the Portland State University Native American Student and Community Center on the southern tip of campus, right after you cross over I-405 via Park Avenue, there's a stairway that leads right up into the lower part of the scenic hillside, up to Southwest Cardinell Drive, which leads you right up toward the higher reaches of this elegant, scenic residential district. Some of my favorite strolls since moving to Portland have been via Cardinell Drive.

You still think Ferris Bueller was the whiz kid at playing hooky?

2) Costa Rica is the country I most want to visit in the world. They have 5% of the world's biodiversity, have a larger percentual of protected wilderness and natural areas than any other nation on Earth (especially want to see Corcovado National Park), scintillating volcanic beaches, is the fifth-most environmentally friendly nation in the world, is ranked fourth on the United Nations Development Program's Human Development Index (determined by studying life expectancy, literacy, educational attainment, and GDP per capita in each country)...............all this despite being the first country to constitutionally abolish its military worldwide.

Other countries I'd especially like to visit are Spain, Italy, Thailand, Singapore. Brazil and Norway. Much of Eastern Europe also looked lovely, after watching Michael Palin's "New Europe".

3) When I was a boy, I drew my own comic sketch series on sketch diaries I asked my mother to regularly purchase for me. Here's a sample of one of them:

4) I'm both incredibly fascinated with, as well as intimidated, by robots (actually science-fiction in general, but especially robots). Did you know that Professor Atsuo Takanishi (who has already invented the Oral Rehabilitation Robot and Clinical Jaw Movement Training Robot for the medical industry) has just invented an Anthropomorphic Flutist Robot; actually capable of playing the flute at the level of an intermediate human flutist? It can even mimic many of the mechanisms we use to play the flute, such as 3DOF lips, a vibrato and a complex mechanical tongue capable of advanced flute techniques like double tonguing.

All I know is this; when musical robots start asking for tips, and no one offers any..............the human race will be in serious trouble! O__O

5) I can jog all the way from my house to Zenger Farm in extreme southeast Portland every time without stopping or even breathing heavily. That's a total of 8.24 miles.

6) Unless there's snow or ice on the ground, I ALWAYS wear sandals, even during the winter. When your legs are in motion, there's a thermal circulating between them, so my lower extremities never get cold and I see no reason for tennis shoes. I've always found tennis shoes uncomfortable anyway, and my feet often bleed with them on.

7) In 2002 I almost got on the Oprah Winfrey Show after fellow Denver Academy teachers drove me to prepare a video cassette, as well as a letter, reading several poems and discussing what it is like to live diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I got a manila envelope back later before graduation from her, which included an autographed portrait of Oprah and a letter which mentioned that, although it was unlikely my idea would be considered, nonetheless commended me for my efforts.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Oprah, as I've been particularly critical of her as of late for gravitating more towards materialism with her program. Nonetheless, she's indeed a decent, honorable person, and it meant a lot to me that I got a response back, even if it was more her workers responding to me than Oprah herself.

8) I have written and recorded my own Christmas carols. In December 2006 I wrote and recorded two originals ("Ebenezer Caesar (The Misunderstood Freezer Meister") and "Immaculate Reception") as well as eight covers.

9) I also am a regular contributor to radio theater at KBOO Community Radio. My contributions are featured monthly on the "Ubu Hour": a program which merges film noir entertainment stylings and music with modern political and social topics.

10) I am presently with a dakini (also known as Tantric healer).

11) My favorite instrument is a four-stringed yellow Mosrite electric guitar. No other guitar manufacturer can produce that classic surf-guitar sound like they can. The lead guitarist of the Ventures, Nokie Edwards, used a vintage 1962 Mosrite. Ricky Wilson of the B-52's played with a blue Mosrite. Keyboardist/guitarist Nick McCarthy of Franz Ferdinand (who also sings "Tell Her Tonight") uses a Mosrite. All three of those bands are known for their edgy and meaty, yet melodic and suave, riffs, and if I were granted one wish to be a famed musician, a Mosrite would be my signature guitar.

12) People often make note of how I virtually never swear. It's not because I believe the seventh seal of the underworld will break open if I do like some believe, but because I'm just disenchanted hearing many people use the same four-letter word as both a noun, verb and adjective incessantly, which is exactly the case in many Hollywood action, comedy and thriller films. I'm just thinking whenever I hear someone swearing on and off "...............is that all you've got?", you know what I mean? The Second Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary contains 171,476 words in current use. We have a rich, diverse and voluminous vernacular. Learn a new word each day. Don't be afraid to experiment. I know some will say as an excuse "Well, this is how people talk today!". If that is true, then we are certainly in trouble I believe.

13) Every holiday season, I ask my parents to give half of what they would otherwise spend on me to Heifer International: a non-profit 501 organization which every tax-deductible purchase of a gift animal or tree seedling helps families around the world in third-world countries become self-reliant, and ensues also the plants and animals are healthy and are treated with respect under their motto, "Ending Hunger, Caring For The Earth". Since 1944, they've helped more than 4.5 million families in more than 125 countries. They basically have believed in the philosophy since 1944 that if you "teach a man to fish", or are provided sustainable amounts of food and income, they can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty permanently.

This past Christmas I donated a flock of chicks (because the protein-rich eggs provide nutrition to children in developing countries coping with inadequate diets and, because chickens require little space and can thrive on food scraps, they provide great income for families, as well as control insects and fertilize gardens) and a swarm of honeybees (because a bee's pollination ritual can as much as double some fruit and vegetable yields, and help struggling families earn income through the sale of honey, beeswax and pollen) to them.

14) I co-organized and served as Volunteer Captain for the first annual ErosFest Northwest in August 2009, which was a huge success, and will play a larger role in future ErosFests. I am also a trained Volunteer Leader with the 501-certified non-profit agency Hands On Greater Portland, where I lead various volunteer projects across the Portland metropolitan area.

15) I tried pole dancing for the first time last month..............and I loved it. Judge me if you wish, but when one looks beyond the unfortunate sleazy stereotypes frequently stamped on this form of dance, it is very healthy for both ones abdominal and upper extremity muscles, as well as self-confidence. I now am a regular at Portland Ecstatic Dance events (encompasses all dance, not just exotic).

16) I was two minutes away from being the male body sushi platter at ErosFest Northwest's Body Sushi Buffet (I was signed on as the substitute male platter). Imagine me wrapped up in cellophane and bamboo leaves and having to lie motionless for at least ninety minutes!

17) Despite having an excellent knack at creatively detailing long-term projects and ideas.........I frequently lose simple things like my house key and library card (I often leave my house key in the pocket of my shorts, and it has went through twelve washing cycles this year alone)

18) I graduated as valedictorian from Denver Academy with a 3.98 out of 4.00 grade-point average, and made it on the Dean's List twice at Portland State University for maintaining a 3.5 out of 4.0 or higher grade-point average.

19) I am quite possibly the pickiest eater you will know. Everything I eat is certified-organic and as local as possible. I'm diagnosed with Orthorexia Nervosa, meaning I'm obsessed with eating "purely" and I stubbornly martyr against eating anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup, partially-hydrogenated oil, monosodium glutomate, genetically-modified organisms, etc. I'm also a vegetarian, though not vegan because I do love my honey (if not for honey I'd be completely capable of leading a vegan lifestyle)

20) I will be attending my first "Burning Man" in 2010.

21) I designed floats for the Portland Rose Festival's 2009 Grand Floral Parade..........from applying corn husks to the side of a house to make shingles, to gluing flower petals onto bare manzanita trees to make them look like cherry blossoms, to gluing coffee beans one by one to create window awnings, etc. I was also rated #1 in total hours contributed volunteering to put them together for that week (fifty-six and a half hours).

22) I am related to both Sheryl Crow and Lee Ann Womack on my father's side of the family.

23) I have over 4,000 pictures I took with my camera from this year alone uploaded on my file-storage sites! @.@

24) Ayurvedically speaking, I am a Vata; meaning I'm made up primarily of the elements space and air, and am thus, according to the Charaka Samhita, always moving, lively in thought, slender, enthusiastic, creative, unbounded and broad-minded. That also suggests I have often irregular daily routines, changeable moods and disjointed thoughts! ROFL!

25) One quote I most identify with each day is one spoken by Dietrich Bonhoeffer: "The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned." While I believe we are all imperfect, I also believe we are all inherently good and that, regardless of ones background or upbringing, we have much more in common than we do difference as a global family.

XOXO,
Noah Eaton
(Lisping Hibiscus)

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

N|D|N|C|Lost-Poet
since 2009-07-30
Posts 360
New Orleans
26 posted 2009-09-16 04:43 PM

I don't think I can out-do the one above me.

1) I was raised Hispanic but both last names are Italian and Irish.

2) I always take my hat off before eating.

3) I'm only 18 but I feel like I'm 30.

4) My dog's name is Lovo which means Wolf, I'm going to rename him 'Honey' cause hes such a wimp and hes golden.

5)I once saw a play and absolutely loved it

6) I want to write plays, movies, songs.

7) I want to direct movies, and be in them.

8) I'm a Marine Corp brat

9) I plan on joining the USMC soon

10) I want to go to college but don't think it'll happen

11) I met my cousins for the first time last month, they are absolutely freakin' adorable (4, 7, 9) and I can't wait to move closer to them.

12) I moved to New Orleans to help my dad finish his house after Katrina destroyed it.

13) My dads been working on it for 4 years.

14) I have what they call 'Dyscalculia' Which means numbers and I don't get along.

15)My favorite movie is "The Secret Life of Bees"

16)I grew up in some of the poorest schools in America

17)I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

18)I've always had a way with words

19)I don't quite like the way I look.

20)^-- You couldn't tell this unless I told you

21)I want to be a Scout Sniper

22) I want to own my own restaurant someday

23) I want to be a chef

24) I find happiness in the smile things.

25) I AM WRITING A BOOK

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Amaryllis
since 2010-05-20
Posts 1306
Mi now
27 posted 2010-06-21 03:09 AM

Not that anyone cares, but I`m bored & can`t sleep, so:
1. I`m 40.. this year.. and I`m slightly bewildered by this..  still feel, I dunno.. 32?
2. I have 4 children, but wanted more, until biology said "nope" to me in a big way  =(
3. I am quietly devout.. have been called `too religious`..(hah??).. yet do NOT force my views on anyone!
4. I am scandinavian.. 3rd generation Swedish and Finnish descent.. very blonde & fair.
5. I am creative artistically.. I adore drawing, painting, digital art, etc. etc.
6. Even I am bored by this list. I am boring?!  =(  lol
7. I will learn to play the piano before I die! (keeps getting put off.. buut it`s a dream..)
8. I still adore `kid food`.. as gross as that sounds.. things like graham crackers, cheese sticks, cheerios,apple juice,  goldfish crackers.. though I have to limit myself & eat mainly `grownup` foods now! lol
9. I have been approached by photogs in the past but never bit.. it isn`t the lifestyle I would admire; it isn`t me. (I know that sounded vain  XP) edit: and now I`m wondering why the  heck did I even put this in here!  (dying of embarrassment)
10. I can make my hiccups go away using just my mind/breathing techniques, within 2 minutes. I have taught it to others.
11. I wish I would have went to college.. I was fiercly traditional; at that time my only goal was to get happily married & have a lot of children! (Yes, some people do still think this way)  =)
12. But it`s not too late, and go I shall, when my youngest is in H.S.  (for writing.)
13. I have never recovered from my girlhood passion for horses and cats.. I could have dozens, had I the space!
14. I am NOT a `dog person`.. rude, dizzy, messy, sloppy, loud creatures.
15. I love my children with all that I am.. and they are (and always will be) my #1 priority!
16. I have no known allergies! And I know to be thankful for this...!  =)
17. I do not own a television, by choice. Garbage.  We do a LOT of reading in our home, and get news from the internet or A.M. radio.  No, I do not home-school!
18. I can still do a front walk-over (remnants from gymnastics in the late 80`s!  lol!!)
19. I am afraid to ever surf with my husband.. I have a fear of the deep water.. sharks... oohhh brrrrr!  *shudder
20. Reading and writing poetry is my #1 hobby/pastime/pleasure.. obviously  =P
21. I dream of being published..(agh! that`s everyone`s dream!! )  =)
22. I wish I were psychic.. I am fascinated by the paranormal, though that seems counter-intuitive, with my religious faithfulness. I simply feel there is a lot more to creation, over and under, yet to be discovered..!
23. I am also fascinated by science: especially the cosmos, quantum theory, etc. etc.
24. If I had access to a dimmer switch, I would turn down men`s libido by 60% and women`s up by 2%, and all would be perfect.  You hear that, Mr. Man-Upstairs??
25. I truly believe one of the most overlooked, under-rated virtues is: kindness.  Really! Just..kindness. Try it, everyone! It`s where it`s at.  =)
Well..okay then. That`s it!
~Amaryllis  

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
28 posted 2010-06-21 11:56 AM

Scandinavian, blonde, 40, model material...what could be boring???????

I have to say, though, that this one made me laugh out loud!!

I wish I would have went to college.

That cracked me up!!! Hope you can enjoy my warped sense of humor!

Amaryllis
since 2010-05-20
Posts 1306
Mi now
29 posted 2010-06-21 12:22 PM

*terribly embarrassed now     lol... oohhh I sound like an idiot. I`d laugh too.. can I blame it on the late hour?  
p.s. `deer.. why is it so funny?  I truly do wish I`d have attended, right out of High School. Did I make a grammatical error? (trying to figure out your warped sense of humor)  

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
30 posted 2010-06-21 06:40 PM

Well, "I would have went" not only fractures the English language but it's fair proof that the speaker did not attend college (or high school, even!)
Amaryllis
since 2010-05-20
Posts 1306
Mi now
31 posted 2010-06-21 07:13 PM

Ohh.. I are feelin` owies now  
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
32 posted 2010-06-21 07:40 PM

Owies not allowed!!
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
33 posted 2010-06-23 12:17 PM

There is nothing grammatically incorrect at all with "I would have went".

It is no different in structure from "I would have gone", just using a less expected word.      

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Twenty-Five Random Things About You ...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary