navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I DID IT!!!!! I TOLD A FRIENDD!!!!!!!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic I DID IT!!!!! I TOLD A FRIENDD!!!!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jaki H
since 2008-01-19
Posts 232
NJ, USA

0 posted 2008-04-15 11:12 PM

oh my gosh i finally told someone im a lesbian after three horrible years of being lonely AND SHE DIDNT HATE ME!!!!!!

shes bi though so i figured shed understand.... we both decided not to tell my other friend Steph because she cant even stand my one friend being bi.

but i told!!!!! YAY!!!!!! FIRST PERSON EVER!!!!

and i thought it would be all horrible but i feel amazing!!!!!

and best of all yesterday was my b-day and the girl i like (and kinda have a weird semi-relationship thing with- hard to explain) invited me over to watch Hair with her on Friday! and shes making a slideshow of us from when we were younger as a gift!!!! =)

and i just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who knows me... being able to post my poems here really helped me get enough confidence to do this...it was really hard cause im 16 in a place where most people dont understand this kind of thing.... they dont hate us, they just make fun of us... anyway thanks!!!!!

woohoo!!!!

© Copyright 2008 Jacqueline M. H. - All Rights Reserved
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

1 posted 2008-04-16 03:48 AM

Dear Jaki H.

Congratulations!  As for your other friend, you don't tell everybody what your favorite flavor of ice cream is, do you?  What's the point?  Finding somebody who's a buddy you can talk to is just about the most freeing thing in the world.  Wahoo!!! to you, too (if you don't mind all those rhymes in a row).  Bestest, BobK.

Jaki H
since 2008-01-19
Posts 232
NJ, USA
2 posted 2008-04-16 05:46 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

and your right. honestly, Steph is pretty into christianity.

and i love steph and all, but i cant trust her cause once she said that they shouldnt allow same sex marriages... right in front of my bi friend who she knows has a preference for girls....

it was upsetting.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2008-04-16 06:35 AM

Jaki,  you really don't have to "tell" people what your sexual preferences are except for those close in your life. It's  personal.

I have a nephew and many friends  who  are "gay" and one has to be in denial if  they can't tell it by their actions and experiences over the years, even if some, as in my generation,  married just to try and hide it, to temporarily satisfy parents and other family members and then finally divorced at some point.  

I am happy for you, that you are feeling better about yourself no matter what kind of relationship you have.

Jaki H
since 2008-01-19
Posts 232
NJ, USA
4 posted 2008-04-16 09:18 AM

thanks... i know i dont have to tell everyone but i just felt like i needed to tell someone. quite frankly im not going to tell anyone else i know. im just glad i have one person im not lying to and i can actually talk to. then i have you guys...

long live online forums!!! =)

it just feels nice cause i dont feel like im living a lie anyomore...

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

5 posted 2008-04-16 10:12 AM

Dear Jaki H,

Atta girl!  I figure that as long as you make your minimum daily requirement of mistakes, you're probably doing pretty well.  Fewer than that and I begin to worry.
If you don't make enough mistakes, how are you going to learn the things you need to learn, anyway?

Huh?

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
6 posted 2008-04-23 08:14 PM

Jaki,

Someone really wise told me that the people that matter won't care and the people that care, don't matter. I think that is really good advice. I know its hard, but it will get easier. Others expressed that you don't have to tell anybody, you don't owe that to anyone, and you always have to make sure what you do is best for you.

Don't let anyone bring you down. If you do get down, Lookup the song S Club 7, Bring it all back. Its a great song that will cheer you on.

I hope to get to know you better. I am glad that you post here. There are a lot of people here that can give you really good advice.

-Kellie

Jaki H
since 2008-01-19
Posts 232
NJ, USA
7 posted 2008-04-25 11:52 AM

haha thanks! i'd just like to say i took all of your advice and havent told anyone else and i dont feel bad about it at all... actually i still feel awesome!

and im really glad i post here too. everyone here has been so nice and supportive...i really appreciate everyones help!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
8 posted 2008-04-30 10:59 AM

Why would anyone hate you for being you? Stick around here - you'll understand that those that hate usually have problems they can't or won't address. It's nice to know you're happy!! Way to go!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I DID IT!!!!! I TOLD A FRIENDD!!!!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary