navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The Weather? Is It Changing Your Mood?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Weather? Is It Changing Your Mood? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2007-02-26 01:10 PM

Good grief!  I hate to talk about the weather but, yesterday I just threw on a sweater, and walked the dog a good four miles in the sunshine.       I actually started to sing along with my ipod and was in a great "up" mood.   Today, I woke up to snowflakes as big as golf balls falling yet again, and it's cold both inside and out.  Oh, I forgot to mention, my heat is broken and still not fixed!  One look outside, I grabbed the cat and the dog, and we all headed back to bed.  I am sure I depress them too, yup I do.  My moods can't take this weather, I feel like the weather is definitely responsible for the moods I am experiencing, otherwise, I need to be medicated, LOL.

So, am I alone in this thought?  I have read articles about S.A.D., and thought they were so much "hooie," but I am starting to think that it truly exists now that it hit me!  S.A.D. relates to changing of "seasons," but with our weather, what are they going to call it when the season contains each of the four seasons in one season over and over?     Did you get that?

Here is a link to the explain S.A.D.   Mayo Clinic

© Copyright 2007 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2007-02-26 02:01 PM

SADLY the weather often impacts behavior and moods. I was 'SAD' my first winter in Alaska after several weeks of subzero temps, until I realized the importance of extra lighting on dark cold days. It's amazing what a small flowering plant and a grow light will do to your mood! You already know the benefit of outdoor walks and pet companionship.
But you still need to get that heater fixed!  

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2007-02-26 02:01 PM

All I know is - I got up this morning and it was snowing our first substantial snow.  There were several inches on the ground and on my car... And I couldn't find my BOOTS!!  It's the first time this year I've needed them, and they should have been where they live in the non-winter months.  They WEREN'T - I'm not a happy camper.  I had to get my feet wet cleaning off the snow and I have to find the boots later - But I looked in all the sensible spots.  Now for the nonsensical places... like under the kitchen sink & such?... Humbug!

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2007-02-26 02:36 PM

Yes!

And to add to the troubles, the weather's been so inconsistent, that I don't know what mood to expect from one day to the next!

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2007-02-26 03:58 PM

I'm with Christopher...
the weather has been changing a few times a day here!
And I do get a wee bit down.
But, I read an article where the lighting in malls really helps.
SO...when the dull days of winter hit...
I hit the malls! LOL

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
5 posted 2007-02-26 06:18 PM

It's SAD to hear the people cry
that weather is the reason why
their moods are different every day
depending what the forcasts say

If sun is shining they get high
while wind and rain will make them sigh
Good light brings energy and lust
while rain and dark turns bones to rust

Though SAD, I really must agree
for this, I find happens to me,
and like Mysteria, you see
in darkest cold, I'm misery!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2007-02-26 06:49 PM

Thanks for not letting me think I was going crazy, and I mean that sincerely.  My moods have enough fluctuation all by themselves without any help, but I try not showing it.

Kacy: You made me laugh so hard on this rotten day.  Because I know you, I had to think, "Hmmm, wonder what type of plant that was?"   The heating company is related to our Ron I think, they said, "Soon!"

Nan: Bet they are in a clothes basket or under the bed?  See, if I was there they would be all lined up like little soldiers at your door right?

Christoper:  I have to tell you that you nailed it right on the head!  

NancyLee:  I invented the word shopping, honest and that is not working either. Your weather there has been crazy as well, I see that.

IvorDavies: Thank you for that very appropriate poem. I don't "do England well" I am afraid.  I simply ache when I am there, and it is so darn damp and cold even when it's warm.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2007-02-26 10:44 PM

You know that old saying, right?  Brother, I thought I had problems, look at this will you!

Sinkhole- Guatemala

Something tells me they won't fill that one with Spackle.  Sheesh!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The Weather? Is It Changing Your Mood?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary