navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Diwali
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Diwali Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2006-11-17 06:31 AM

Good morning poet friends...I was curious to find out from any who may know about the holiday called Diwali. I know I can just look links up on the internet but thought maybe one of our members could direct me to the best links that would give the history and some activities that could be shared with first graders...my newest teaching job.

Each of five teachers are teaching a different "cultural" celebration to all classes and the assignment left by the teacher I am temporarily replacing is Diwali. I would appreciate any input.

Sorry I haven't been around much but my energy level is used up by the time I arrive home
Thank you for your time.
Maureen

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

© Copyright 2006 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2006-11-17 04:29 PM

Maureen~
I'm thinking that first graders might not fully grasp the celebration of Diwali, however I do believe they would enjoy the actual festival of the lights ... here's a link that might give you some diversity of ideas for them~

http://www.diwalifestival.org/

Good luck gal ... what fun to be surrounded with little ones seeking knowledge~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -         noles1@totcon.com     

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2006-11-18 07:40 AM

Thank you Marge..I checked the link and will read on some more. The activities seem a bit detailed for 6 year olds. And I wish I knew the words to the songs in English.  I have time yet

M

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2006-11-18 02:28 PM

Hi Maureen~
I bcc'd you on an email to them, asking for
translations of the songs into English~

Maybe we'll hear something back in time
to assist you with your teaching program~

I'll let you know right away if I hear back~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -         noles1@totcon.com     

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Diwali

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary