navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ack she started labour! @_@
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ack she started labour! @_@ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding

0 posted 2004-10-29 11:03 PM

I can't be there for Reena! Work issues, and I know she understands, but it's tearing me up inside. I want to be there with her... at least her mom came up to be with her.

She started labour last night at some point, and I haven't heard anything from her since around 9:30 pm, so I know she's still in the hospital.

I'm starting to go crazy from not knowing what's happening though! Granted, if I were able to be there, I'd probably be pacing the hallways (her man's too useless to be the one pacing the hallways like he should be grrrrrr to him )

Tell me it'll be okay. Tell me I'll survive the not knowing...

© Copyright 2004 Rhonda Adolph - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2004-10-29 11:06 PM

Don't get frantic because you haven't heard anything. She's a little busy right now.

Hugs you.

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
2 posted 2004-10-29 11:20 PM

I'd be more worried about hearing something.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2004-10-30 12:00 PM

While you're waiting tho...you brought back memories.

I made the medical staff wait, before they wheeled me into surgery for my C-section. After 18 hours of labor trying to avoid that, I had to call my aunt to make sure my dog was okay.

grin.

So I'm a little weird.

*shrug*

But I did want to say that my best friend couldn't be there, for pretty much the same reason as yours. I understood, but what she did afterward was so lovingly thoughtful.

She came to see me, and brought me a gift, saying,

"Everybody has bought the baby clothes, it occurred to me that you would be needing something nice to wear too."

It was an outfit, that she had correctly estimated would fit, and she arranged for my hubby to watch the baby for an hour while she brought me for a pedicure. (Much needed after being unable to even SEE my feet for months.)

Smile.

Ya'll will have plenty of time to do things like that, I'm sure.

Prayers are with your friend, her baby, and yes, you.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
4 posted 2004-11-01 01:54 PM

She had a girl! ^_^  Zoe Cynthia is her name, she was eight pounds, fourteen ounces, and she was delivered by C-Section, that's why I didn't hear anything. I had a day off yesterday and I went to see them, and she's soooo beautiful ^_^  

Almost made me want one

and then He created the horse...

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
5 posted 2004-11-01 02:04 PM

Wow... I was going to give my girl the middle name of Zoe... it just didn't fit with Freyja, though.. Tell her congrats for me!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ack she started labour! @_@

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary