navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just wondering if penguins had knees
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just wondering if penguins had knees Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2004-10-09 12:32 PM

I was wondering if Penguins had knees, LOL, and came across this silly site, which is really cute for a laugh actually.  Too much time on my hands today I guess.

http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/stupid.html

Oh I found a book in the left column on the subject of penguin knees.  Isn't this internet just about the greatest thing since peanut butter?

Speaking of which - what do you think was the greatest invention of the 20th century?  This is a site that shows the greatest engineering achievements, amazing how many we actually use.
http://www.greatachievements.org/

I did NOT see eBay on that list anywhere, or Ultralash mascara, sheesh!

This came to mind when Florida was without power, (meaning not only no light but no air-conditioning) and all the other major inconveniences they suffered from loss of things that  we take for granted every single day, like a hair dryer heaven forbid!  This led to research on underdeveloped countries, and I left feeling darn glad I was who I was, living where I was, and didn't seem to care about whether or not penguins had knees or not.

© Copyright 2004 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2004-10-09 12:48 PM

Penguins do not have knees...neither do English Butlers.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-10-09 01:18 PM

Wow, must be hard to cross their legs
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2004-10-09 02:55 PM

Now I'm wondering if it bothers them that they don't...

hmmm...there's a poem in there somewhere.

How about a challenge to our Sharons for a duet regarding that?

I know you two can come up with some bedevilment. grinning...

Has there ever been a penguin in Mature Content before?

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
4 posted 2004-10-12 04:10 AM

Furthermore, do you have knees if you can't see them?
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2004-10-12 06:42 PM

*hugs* to meghan

that was cute.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2004-10-12 09:26 PM

Oh boy Meghan, I still remember not being able to see my feet (my son was 12lbs., 11 oz. at birth) so I didn't see my knees or feet for at least 4-5 months LOL.

Soon, honey, soon - I guess you lasted to induction day and I could have bet you would not have.  I, along with everyone here I am sure, can't wait to hear about Freyja and your experience when you "find the time."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just wondering if penguins had knees

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary