navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » "Hell boy" whats ur thoughts?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic "Hell boy" whats ur thoughts? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2004-07-31 09:15 PM

I am curious if its worth twenty dollars to spend.

Juju

© Copyright 2004 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
1 posted 2004-07-31 11:15 PM

As luck would have it, i just finished watching it. It's not the greatest movie but I liked it. It's a fun sci-fi/paranormal romp. Stylish, funny and Ron Pearlman is, as always, great.
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2004-08-01 11:49 AM

Hmmm... well then I will rent it.

Thanx,
Juju

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2004-08-01 01:50 PM

Good Lord, Raph.

Is there anything you don't like?

But then, I tend to "sniff" a lot at movies too, but as luck would have it, I just saw this one m'self.

Subscribe to the comicbook, I advise. (At least that would be quiet.)

and scratchin' my head...yer a Ron Perlman fan? I learn somethin' new everyday....

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
4 posted 2004-08-01 03:47 PM

Don't like? Not following you here? I'd say 99% percent of Hollywood movies blow, but I'm a sucker for these comicbook/sci-fi thingies.

Ron Pearlman is hilarious, l@ved him in everything he's been in.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2004-08-01 05:28 PM

ah, it just seems like lately I'd read raves by you on several different movies, and that struck me as unusual, because I know that you are rather like me, in that you are rather, um, picky in your choice of films.

I do wish we had a discussion forum just for film & television too. I was going to look for links to show you what I'd meant but I'm lazy and realize they're scattered about.

(Ron Perlman has a great face, too.)

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
6 posted 2004-08-01 05:45 PM

Ah lol

I know I'm usually ana..i mean strict about what I watch. But the recent movies I lauded were Spider-Man(comicbook geek) Hellboy(ditto) and Photograph because it's psychologically disturbing..like me! :P

Want a good movie? Bleu Blanc et Rouge(Blue white and Red for you non Freedom..er French speakers) It's a series of three films commisioned by the french government using the countries best directors and actors in three seperate stories that somehow connect. I won't spoil it for you with details but check into it. Besides Juliet Binoche is in one of them...mmmm Binoche

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2004-08-01 05:47 PM

going to netflix now...

(ya see? it would be great if we had a forum for suggested film with discussion following)

HINT HINT HINT to Ronnie Baby!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2004-08-01 05:50 PM

Hmmm.

That didn't come up in my netflix search.

let me try the English...fingers crossed.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

9 posted 2004-08-01 05:53 PM

I got a big NYET on the English translation too. Wah.

Anything else y'got in mind?

(and it occurs to me that we could choose a discussion forum for such a thing too, and if such a thing proved popular, I'm sure Ronnie Baby would find a haven for us film buffs!)

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
10 posted 2004-08-01 09:44 PM

So it was a bad movie?

Oh well I will rent.

Juju

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
11 posted 2004-08-02 02:54 AM

The films themes come from the three colors of the French flag which represent liberty, equality, and fraternity
http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/greatmovies/red.html is a review

and Miramax describes the movies:

BLUE: Academy Award winner Juliette Binoche ("The English Patient," Best Supporting Actress, 1996) stars as a young woman left devastated by the unexpected death of her husband and child. She retreats into the world around her, but is soon reluctantly drawn into an ever-widening web of lies and passion as the dark, secret life of her husband begins to unravel.

WHITE: Sexy Julie Delpy ("Before Sunrise") stars in a mysterious tale of a man whose life disintegrates when his beautiful wife of six months deserts him. Forced to begin anew, he rebuilds his life, only to plan a dangerous scheme of vengeance against her. Winner of the Best Director Award at the Berlin Film Festival.

RED: Irene Jacob ("The Double Life of Veronique") stars as a young model whose chance meeting with an unusual stranger leads her down a path of intrigue and secrecy. As her knowledge of the man deepens, she discovers an astonishing link between his past and her destiny.

Strongly recommend these. What else? Well if you're in the mood for comedy dig up an old John Cusack movie called Better Off Dead. It may seem like another 80's teenage movie but it's strange humour and dark comedy make it stand out. Plus it includes one of the greatest lines in movie history.

French exchange student " Just becauze i live in 'is house 'e uses it as an excuse to put 'is tezticles all over me!"

Cusack: "His whaaaat?"

FES: "His testicles, You know, like ze octupus?"

Cusack: (in his typically dry delivery)" Oh tentacles, tentacles..big difference."

Damn I love Cusask..so there you have it high brow Raph meets low brow Raph. weeeeee

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

12 posted 2004-08-02 03:04 AM

you don't love John Cusack as much as I do I'll bet...

from the first time I saw him, I think it was "grifters" first...damn

swooooooooooooon

sexy

and yes, oh

I'll look anew on netflix

*ahem*

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
13 posted 2004-08-02 03:14 AM

I l@ve him more though perhaps not in the same way you do lol

I grew up with him in films like Better off Dead, A Sure Thing, and Say Anything. My favourite Cusack movie though? Grosse Pointe Blank with his sister who i also adore.

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
14 posted 2004-08-02 11:43 AM

ahhhhhh...

I liked "Hell Boy"...loved the sarcasm...and from time to time I like a movie that doesn't make me crazy trying to figure it out..

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2004-08-02 07:58 PM

lol@Susan!

That is precisely why I ordered Starsky & Hutch.

Ben Stiller is my secret crush...and don't ask me why, 'cause it baffles me too!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » "Hell boy" whats ur thoughts?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary