navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Slouch
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Slouch Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2004-01-29 04:32 PM

*Flops on to a really comfortable sofa, takes shoes off and puts feet up*

K now that I'm quite comfy...
I won't bore you with what's going on in my life at the moment...I'll just sit here and doze quietly, pretending it all isn't happening. It's nice and peaceful here...can hear the birds singing outside the window.

Incidentally, how does one tell if one has made the right decision? I recently resigned from a club because I couldn't deal with the attitude of many of the members...the way they look down on me: just because I am inequal in skill doesn't make me inequal as a human being. Last time was humiliating. Anyway let's not go there.

Yeah never mind, I'm just being a loser. It's over now, I should smile at my freedom rather than question everything endlessly. It's all beyond me. *Smiles wearily* Think I'll just listen to those birds sing and doze....

zzZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

© Copyright 2004 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2004-01-29 08:35 PM

quote:
...how does one tell if one has made the right decision?
I have the answer to that one - you can tell if the decision you made was the right one by the very fact that you made it. Once made, it's the only one you could have made, so therefore has to be the right one... right?

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
2 posted 2004-01-30 10:11 PM

errrr by that logic, because Hitler made the decision to exterminate all the Jews, that makes it the right decision....?
Or did I miss something? (Wouldnt be surprising, as it is 03.10...come to think of it, why am I still up? Thank Goodness it's Saturday tomorrow!)

~Liz~

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
3 posted 2004-01-30 10:18 PM

Hey it was pretty darn smart to stick up for yourself!
muted
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-01-15
Posts 2949
Elapsing, Eclipsing, Evolving
4 posted 2004-01-30 11:03 PM

i tend to agree with christopher, but you mentioned the Holocaust thing...
basically, hitler made the right decision for HIMSELF ONLY (disclaimer: i do not support the decision hitler made)
just as you made the right decision for YOURSELF ONLY.

you deserve respect and tolerance like any other individual and your personal qualities should be whats forefront, not your skills, when it comes to friendships. you deserve better simply because you know better!
you did a brave thing and should pat yourself on the back for it!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Slouch

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary