navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » remembering John Mellor (aka Joe strummer)
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic remembering John Mellor (aka Joe strummer) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland

0 posted 2002-12-23 06:48 PM

There are very few people from that music industry that I that i would be put out or shocked to hear that they had died. However when I heard that Joe Strummer died today, it was hard to believe. THe Clash are not my favourite band, but i listen to London Calling constantly, its variety and vitality make it a compelling listen. Joe Strummer was a legend in his own right, along with Jones, Siminon and Headon they gave punk a social conscience and created some of the most exciting and vital music of the past few decades. My reason for posting this is to acknowledge the talent of a great musican, Joe Strummer, you will missed.

Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"white youth, black youth better find another solution why not phone up robin hood and ask him for some wealth distribution punk rockers in the uk they won't notice anyway they're all too busy fighting for a good place under the lighting the new groups are not concerned with what there is to be learned" WHITE MAN IN HAMMERSMITH PALAIS

watched from the wings as the scenes were replayed we saw ourselves now as we never have seen" ian curtis

[This message has been edited by brian madden (12-23-2002 08:50 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 brian madden - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » remembering John Mellor (aka Joe strummer)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary