navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The cememonial first post
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic The cememonial first post Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Stained Glass
since 2002-11-14
Posts 10
Why Georgia

0 posted 2002-11-14 02:45 AM

Greetings to all. My name is Becky, Im 16, go to UNT, and this is my first time posting and whatall. I dont really know why I felt compelled to post my age but perhaps it gives context? I have read most of the current poetry in here but I do not feel qualified to "move in" here and randomly start commenting. Though be sure after a bit I will probably leave lots of notes I have been writing poetry for quite a while minus the past few months. They have without a doubt been interesting months in which I have moved away from my family and friends and hometown. For reasons no one knows my muse caught up to me tonight and a friend told me of this place. And it seems to be quite a place! I dont think I'll post any poetry here yet until I comment on some others but I just wanted to give a heads up on the stranger in town. I look forward to talking to everyone more as time grows on.

~Becky~

© Copyright 2002 Stained Glass - All Rights Reserved
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
1 posted 2002-11-14 11:33 AM

Well, first off, I would like to welcome you to Passions, it's a wonderful place filled with wonderful people... and no, no one paid me to say that.

Anyways, feel free to comment on poetry.  All comments are welcome... if you don't feel comfortable commenting on just anyone's poetry, you can always comment on mine.... I welcome your comments, new person.

Secondly, or rather, thirdly, chances are this post will soon be locked because it is not a poem and only poems are to be posted in the poetry forums, however, we have a number of discussion forums, so feel free to post  more about yourself there!

Welcome to the family!  I hope to see a poem by you soon.

"Wie ein Quadrat in einem Kreis, eck' ich immer wieder an obwohl ich doch schon lange weiß, daß ich niemals ändern kann." ~Wizo

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
2 posted 2002-11-14 05:35 PM

Stained Glass~
Hello there.  Allysa is correct.  
Though we are VERY happy to have you join us,
this forum is for poetry posts only, so I will
be closing this thread as soon as I finish replying.
However, keep your eyes peeled tomorrow, for
an opportunity to introduce yourself in this forum.  
Check your e-mail for more details.
Welcome to Passions and to the Teen forum.
I hope you'll stick around and become one oft he family.  
~Vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his heart,
you have not truly met the poet.
~vlraynes

[This message has been edited by vlraynes (11-14-2002 06:50 PM).]

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
3 posted 2002-11-14 06:12 PM

Hi again, Becky.
I went ahead and moved your post here, so you
could continue to receive welcoming replies
and get to know more of the members.
If you have any questions, please feel free
to contact me.
~Vicky

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

4 posted 2002-11-14 06:49 PM

Welcome.

Mike

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

5 posted 2002-11-14 07:03 PM

Hehe- just start posting. If they don't listen: make them listen! (did i just say that out loud?) I'm newish too, but I jist posted and talked and pushed into this place, and now I feel accepted. Let them know you exist!

"Sticks and stones will break my bones,
But words will break my heart"

Tammy Blessing
since 2002-08-26
Posts 366
PA
6 posted 2002-11-14 11:30 PM

Hello Becky and WELCOME!! Don't worry about posting your poetry here. It's all good with this group of loving, caring people and I just KNOW you will soon come to love them all as I do. So jump right in and post away! BTW-I only get in here once every couple of days or so, so if I don't respond to your posts right away it's not because I don't want to..just pressed for time. Again..WELCOME!!
Tammy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The cememonial first post

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary