navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » How many pets do you have and what are their names?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic How many pets do you have and what are their names? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA

0 posted 2002-10-11 12:44 PM

I have 4 cats. Their names are Casey, Hobbes, Shelby and Sammy. I love them all. But Casey and Sammy are my babies. Casey likes getting in my lap. Sammy likes pawing on my arm and meowing at me to get me to pay hime some attention. Sammy also follows me around the house.

Cold hands means a warm heart

© Copyright 2002 the_loner_23 - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2002-10-11 01:22 AM

I have one dog. smile...but she's a LOT of dog. We added a syllable for every spurt of growth. Her name is Annabelladonnatellacinderella.

She is a big dog.

Two cats.

A siamese/persian named "tosha"

and a totally black green eyed girlie named
"mojo".

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2002-10-11 03:17 AM

I have a pet rock..his name is Hudson.
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
3 posted 2002-10-11 08:54 AM

I have two Labrador dogs that stay at my friends house, he pays for the food and clears up the mess but his family got them because I wanted them

Sandy is the first dog and we saved her from being put down, she had been abused (stabbed in the nose with screwdrivers and other such things) and was at my friend's uncle's house who is a dog breeder, he was going to put her down as she wouldn't work and she wasn't house trained, she was quite timid and so we took her to my friends house and she hasn't left since. Sandy had puppies around this time last year, and we kept the smallest one of around 10, and called her Ebony. Although I tend to call them Sandlewood and Ebblepuss.

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
4 posted 2002-10-11 11:27 AM

I have a pet human named Zelga, she's a former German acrobatic circus clown and I built her a nice shed out back...she's not house broken yet and I hate hitting her with rolled up newspapers or rubbing her nose in ka-ka so I keep her chained up out back.

Sometimes if she is a good human and sits or fetches sticks/catches frizbees with her teeth, I'll throw some saurkraut in her dish or rub her belly. I even take her for walks sometimes to the park where she runs around with the other humans and sniffs their bottoms. I keep her well groomed too, clip her nails, trim her hair, bath her...sometimes even bath her twice in a day. I've entered her in a couple of shows too, I prance around in a circle while the judges watch her hind legs and tail bobble as we gallop along. But what I like most are the quiet times when Zelga will snuggle up into my lap and we'll just sit there, me petting her, petting her and petting her some more. So rewarding. I'm the proudest pet owner there is.

Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
5 posted 2002-10-11 12:11 PM

I have a cat named Dax.  
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2002-10-11 12:58 PM

I have no pets.....they died.
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
7 posted 2002-10-11 01:20 PM

Do pet peeves count?  I have many of those!
I call them all PITA's!

~Sheri

"Don't wait for your ship to come in ...
Swim out to it"

rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA
8 posted 2002-10-11 04:06 PM

I have two dogs and I sorta co-own four cats with my wife (lol I have only recently acquired a love and respect for cats...I used to find them to be just a little too aloof and independent!)
     My dogs are named Rascal (thus my PiP name) and Scamper and the cats are named Boots, Smokie, Karma, and Rocky.

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
9 posted 2002-10-11 06:17 PM

2 dogs, 3 cats, 20 turkeys. 24 hens, 8 ducks. The number of fowl rises or decreases depending on major holidays.

El riesgo vive siempre!

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
10 posted 2002-10-12 01:14 AM

2 cats - persian, tabby

1 dog - german shepherd that used to have a mate until Christmas last year

"It is far more difficult to murder a phantom than a reality." - Virginia Woolf

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
11 posted 2002-10-12 09:54 PM

I have a very small cat and her name is Slippie, because she slips a lot. She knocked down the Christmas twice two years ago and stole the ornaments off of it.  She steals the roll of paper towels, shreds them and makes herself a bed out of the paper.  She makes me get up and take her to eat.  She'll pester the heck out of me until I do.  She's like a second shadow, never letting me out of her site.  If I go outside, she peeps through the blinds to catch a glimpe of me.  Yeah, she's a pain sometimes, but I really do love my little cat a LOT.     
Neala
since 1999-08-21
Posts 262
Florida, USA
12 posted 2002-10-13 08:08 PM

I have on cat Andi. She is a girl...lazy and spoiled rotten. She takes up the bed at night even though she doesn't way 10 lbs.

-Neala
(Goddess of Sadness)

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

13 posted 2002-10-13 10:16 PM

One dog, four cats.  
The dog was a birthday present I bought myself.  A spitz/husky mix.  I keep telling myself, I'd miss him if he was wasn't around...lol.
The cats.  Well, two of them are mine.  One of the exes left the other two.
I keep threatening to Fedex them to her.
(Oh and my landlord only knows about two of the cats.......so shhhh.)
I used to have a pet snail, but he/she died.  Now, that was a cool pet!!!
I also had a couple boa constrictors and a greek tortoise.  

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
14 posted 2002-10-14 12:39 PM

Well...  I don't have any pets but here is what I wish I could have with names.

Horse-
Dreamer
Dancer

Cat-
poem
Chloe
Pilgrim
Jessiphine

Dog-
Mercedes
Carly
Kenna
Carter

Mice-
Cinnimon
Basil
Coffee

Hamster-
Flubby

Fish-
Rio
Rhia

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
15 posted 2002-10-14 01:24 AM

I have two horses, both of which are my babies. My Arabian is named Sham-Shazam, but we call her Sham or Shammie for short, and she's a 10 year old former brood mare. She's just like a puppy with attitude lol. Follows me everywhere I go. Same with the other horse, Dawn. She's a 13 year old Appaloosa, and I love her to death. Shammie's my real baby though. I can get those two sucks to do things that no one else can. I love it!!
I have a cat named Mandy, and her son Spock. Why Spock? I was on a Star Trek kick when I named him. They're both absolute love mooches.
My dog is a half border collie-half lab love mooch. His name is Shep and I'm pretty much the only one he DOESN'T listen to lol. I love him anyway  
My lizard (formerly Jake) is now named Alfred. He's a green anole, and is the cutest thing when he's all curled up sleeping at night.
I've also got four Siamese Fighting Fish, and am planning to get more from my sister. I forget what their names are.
I had a silver persian named Mistaya (Misty for short) but she died.
Anyway, that's all for now. I'm planning on getting a tank of neon tetras... I have a new obsession with fish lol

[This message has been edited by Skyfire (10-14-2002 01:42 AM).]

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
16 posted 2002-10-15 09:36 PM

used to have a kitty and we called him Tiger, but he'd respond to a "meow" or "cat" or "puss" or the sound  of the back door opening.

Are you scared?          BOO! Are you now?

FuzzyFrazzledFraggle
since 2002-09-20
Posts 155
Fraggle Rock
17 posted 2002-10-16 12:50 PM

Does my four year old baby brother count I call him Fuzzy Fraggle lmao..but no I have no pets..my parents do..had 6 cats but the Nicky dog got kinda too friendly *sigh* now there are 4..heck if I know their names..ask Fuzzy Fraggle he'll tell you, he named them after thomas the tank engine characters

Consider yourself fuzzed

majnu
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2002-10-13
Posts 1088
SF Bay Area
18 posted 2002-10-16 12:53 PM

an alaskan malemute i named Titus Andronicus.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » How many pets do you have and what are their names?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary