navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » shoulder to cry on..an ear to listen? pls...
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic shoulder to cry on..an ear to listen? pls... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA

0 posted 2002-09-09 04:44 PM

This is just a vent, to sort out my thoughts and maybe get some feed back..ya see I'm 21 on my own again and kind of don't have a job atm..the job market in baltimore/maryland kind of sucks.  I've applied to a gazillion jobs even the local minimum wage ones *shudders* but a job is a job at this point and time, since I have no cash flow and my one roommate who is ever so nice and generous to leave me stay at his house rent free for the time being..and my conscience is getting to me..I've been to interviews and have one tomorrow again..and I was talking to my dad..I'm really highly considering joining the armed forces again..failed the first time but it's been 3 years I think I can handle it..I'm a tough cookie, stubborn and yet have the emotional stability of a donkey sometimes lol jk, I wonder if they'll take me again, I'm scared they will and scared that they won't..yanno!? hey it's money and would help me get out of debt..most definately..*sigh* Everything does have its own time and place..and I'm starting to think highly of this..that maybe I should..finally make my dreams come true!? but I always always hold myself back..thinking I'm going to fail or not be good enough..I'm not alone in this I know I'm not right!? comments suggestions a shoulder to cry on!? I don't even know if any of this makes sense..I've been so out of it for the past couple months..up and down..up and down..and the thought of boot camp is thrilling and not so..atleast if I try again I'll know what I'm getting myself into and be able not to crack and be strong..*shrugs*

Kristen

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that you tried.

© Copyright 2002 Kristen Brandon - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-09-09 05:16 PM

Kristen, to try is to know that in trying, you have not failed yourself.  If they say "no", well, what more is that than what you are already telling yourself by NOT trying?  Then you will know to go on to something else, as the question as to whether or not to try will be behind you, in that regard.

Never hold yourself back.  Especially if you are not held back by other responsibilities.

A "No" may hurt the ego a little, but NOT knowing for certain only clouds your own judgment.  What do you have to lose?  So what if they say no?  You go on to something else.  It's good that you are stubborn, to an extent, now go out and exercise the positives in yourself.

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (09-09-2002 05:31 PM).]

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2002-09-09 05:26 PM

I'm sure you'll find a way, Kristen.
The fact that you shared this here
rather than burden yourself with it alone,
shows that.

Mike

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
3 posted 2002-09-09 05:31 PM

*smiles and nods* You are right Sunshine as well as you are Mike..muchas gracias..I have no obligations..I have to weigh my priorities..something is just telling me to try and again u are right nothing to lose...I shall sleep on it..thanks again so much

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-09-09 06:14 PM

It's true...All they can say is "No"...better than "Nyet"...j/k...

but luck to you lovie....and better than that? if there is something you want? don't take NO for an answer...

(heh...guess who's hormones are raging?)

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
5 posted 2002-09-09 07:09 PM

You only fail when you don't try.....trying
is not failure...it is learning and growing.

I remember bootcamp....I remember it being
somewhat terrifying at the time...but now
that I can look back at it....the people
that were yelling at me...Well,  they were
not God....they were not my jury...nor my
Mother or Father...So,  what I am saying is..  what they said, did....didn't really
amount to much... IF you get the opportunity,
I would jump on it...and when they put the
pressure on you,  just remember what I said
about them....and smile inside...knowing
that OLD Magnus said they don't mean a hoot.
Just a stepping stone up the ladder of life.

And,  guess what?

I think you can do just about anything you
want to,  'cause you have guts!!!

Good Luck,

Barry...

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2002-09-09 07:19 PM

I live close to you and am just over the line into PA..but only 30 minutes from Baltimore....so I know how the job market has deteriorated...but if you would like to  join the service, as the others said  try it again..
and if not, I know there are jobs available  as cashiers and salespersons..and the banks are always hiring tellers...it may not be a dream job, but you have to start somewhere.
*s
M

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
7 posted 2002-09-09 07:38 PM

you guys are the best!! thanks so much for listening again yes my dear friend Magnus I know they don't mean hoot hehehe thats what my daddy always told me..and he was in for 18 yrs...it's a dream..but there are always other oppurtunities as I am told..who knows untill I try, I feel alot better thanks again!!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
8 posted 2002-09-09 08:45 PM

At the age of 20, my daughter joined the Air Force. While in there, she took every college class she could. And when she got out? She went to college on the GI bill. Today she's an Occupational Therapist, working Per Diem (part time on call - mostly weekends) and makes as much in 20 hours of work as I do in 40. If she wanted to do more she could. Sometimes making your own opportunities is the way to go. Education is NEVER a bad idea.

Other than that, is there a service that is sorely lacking in your area? Is there a need for a 'shopping service' for the elderly? A cleaning service? Somtimes thinking outside the box is the way to go.

Other than that, please don't give up. Smile every day and just keep trying.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » shoulder to cry on..an ear to listen? pls...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary