navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » How Rude!!!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic How Rude!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2001-04-09 01:29 AM

Have you seen anyone behaving rudely lately? Heard a rude remark???? Want to share it with us?

© Copyright 2001 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
painted lady
since 2001-04-01
Posts 48
on the wing or nectaring
1 posted 2001-04-09 02:03 AM

Are you suggesting passing along rude remarks?  Wouldn't that be rude?  

And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.          Wm Wordsworth  (I Wondered Lonely as a Cloud)

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2001-04-09 03:02 AM

"This poem was not good at all. It's terrible, it sorta makes people sad!! And these poems should make people happy, not upset!! You should take it off your web."

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-04-09 04:14 AM

girl- "Javier, did anybody ever tell you that you look like a monkey?"

me- "No, why?"

girl- "Cuz you look like a monkey"

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

4 posted 2001-04-09 05:52 AM

Erm...hmmm...Javier the monkey?

A rude remark eh?
Let me think...

oh that's right - it was me!

Heh...a couple came into a movie horrendously late the other day..my friend and I were sitting right by the door and they kind of stood there...dithering about...

One of them muutered 'man, it's so dark in here!'

K the tactful said 'that's cause you're late' a BIT louder than she intended heh...

K

All obscurity starts with a danger:
Your dangers are many. I
Cannot look much but your form suffers
Some strange injury
Sylvia Plath

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
5 posted 2001-04-09 06:02 AM

AWWWWWWW Javier, you're too cute to look like a parasite-infected monkey.

How about a guy telling me to put some clothes on, when he's not wearing a shirt????
YUK!!!! And his actions are even worse...this is the same guy that "exposed" himself to me.

~Tamma

Those girls on TV don't know that being
36-24-36 doesn't mean a thing unless
you got the face to back it up

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2001-04-09 10:41 AM

my cousin talking to me --- "man, you really are ugly"  

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2001-04-09 06:25 PM

I was sitting in a bench...with heart pain due to my heart problem....feeling like utter poo.....and my X comes up to me and says out loud "When was the last time you washed your hair?!"

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
8 posted 2001-04-09 08:21 PM

I asked a salesclerk where something was in the store. She replied "I don't know, they move things around here all the time" Then I asked if she could find out. She said "no" and turned away. I just stood there.  

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
9 posted 2001-04-09 09:05 PM

Yeah I could share something for this one.
Today, I was cruising through the forums like I usually do, and I found the first rewply to this poem in Teen #4.
/pip/Forum45/HTML/001545.html
It disgusted me... and made me quite angry.  Everyone has worked so hard on make PIP the best it can be...
Talk about rude.

--Marie

"Hope is a thing with feathers that perches in the soul."  --Emily Dickinson

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2001-04-09 09:39 PM

Yup, someone in teen is bashing the mods right now, I think that is really rude.  I don't care when he says he's been here since the start cause in my book, he hasn't been in here forever.

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
11 posted 2001-04-10 02:19 AM

One of the rudest things that happened to me and friend, was when we were at restaurant for late night coffee and dessert and we had each ordered a hot fudge sundae. The waitress (who was fired that night) said "I will get them when I can. Can't you see I'm busy?" We looked around and could see that she had 3 tables (including ours) that were in her station. One had an elderly couple and the other had about 5 or 6 teenage boys that she was spending an inordinate amount of time with. I asked to speak with her manager. She got kinda huffy and puffy and then finally did get her manager. After I had explained what had happened, the waitress was fired. Yanno to this day, I can't bring myself to feel bad about it.

How can you save me?
When the dark comes right in and takes me,
from my front walk and into bed,
where it kisses my face and eats my head. Shivaree

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

12 posted 2001-04-10 07:10 AM

I'll never forget the time when my friends and I were at a restraunt one night. It was only us there, and then a bunch of drunk guys came in, made a mess, and left... and the waitress had the nerve to blame us! As we walked out (leaving NO tip, btw), she says "What's with kids today?"

grrrrrr...

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
13 posted 2001-04-10 04:54 PM

Er, me.

Upon finishing a gushing/sobbing session about how depressed I was, the person who was willingly listening told me what they would do in my place. In a very calm, matter-of-fact tone I told them it was really bad advice (though not in quite so pleasant terms).

HOW appreciative.

*sigh* I tend to disgust myself sometimes.

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
14 posted 2001-04-11 01:30 AM

LOL well that would have been just today...I manage afast food restaurant and yes we do make mistakes...but today a woman brought back a sandwich saying she had ordered it without mayonnaise...I had my crewmember fix it again and took it out to her table...whereupon her son started complaining that he hadnt got the right food either...I asked what they ordered...well to make a long story short...she had his sandwich and he had hers...both of which were made correctly...she didnt even offer an apology after embarrassing my crew with her rude remarks about poor service...sometimes the customer ISNT always right
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2001-04-11 09:10 AM

I don't know why? but this one perplexed me---methinks I have become inured a bit---maybe I am oblivious in self defense? (okay, it sounded good) but truly? the only rude things I could think of were acts of my own!
I have a very acerbic tongue at times, and no, me tongue does not have a leash!!!!

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
16 posted 2001-04-12 11:18 AM

I just went on my spring break with one of my friends. and it disgusted me how rude she was to her parents and they didnt do a thing about it. Some of the things she said to them would never even come across my mind to say. shes one of the spoiled brat types..

-=We often get hurt when we trust someone we want them to be instead of who they really are=-

sans38
since 2001-03-03
Posts 117
Westland, Michigan
17 posted 2001-04-12 04:47 PM

Last fall I went to visit a friend I had not seen in more than 20 years. I had gained about 40 pounds and was kinda nervous because I knew she was still a size 3. My worst fears were realized when upon seeing me she said "Oh Sandy you are still so beautiful but boy you sure got a big belly!"
Pretty rude huh!?

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
18 posted 2001-04-13 12:31 PM

Haha sans....yea that was awfully rude....at least she complimented you before she said the rude comment!

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
19 posted 2001-04-17 05:21 PM

for my addition,
yesterday my husband was trying to cross a very busy road on his way home from work (he walks) and the road was clear except for one lonely car in the far left hand lane. my husband stepped out, knowing that he could make it across as soon as the car went on, just as he stepped out into the road, the car switched lanes, knocking my husband back up onto the curb.  He says that he knew the car saw him and just did it so he couldn't cross. That's rude.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
20 posted 2001-04-17 05:45 PM

Wow - that's not only rude, but it's dangerous and flat out mean.  I can't stand people like that...that are mean just for the sake of being mean.
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
21 posted 2001-04-17 05:59 PM

Hmmm..This one isn't recent..but..
The day (sometime when I was 18 or so) I met my biological mother for the first time ever, she exclaimed, "You are so big!" Well, that hurt, and it pretty much set a weird mood on my thoughts towards her.  Good thing I didn't inherit her lack of tact. I mean..I don't even know why she said it besides the fact that the wind could have blow her away, and I was at my ideal weight at the time. Somewhere around 118 to 120 lbs.  

still d-i-s-c-o-n-n-e-c-t-e-d
I am bound by this, you see...to become Night's sole mistress, and I am jealous in my endeavours for his attention.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » How Rude!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary